I just bought a Super Nintendo at a yard sale for $5.

Jacobleeslp

CAGiversary!
Solid deal. However, I wasn't aware the games were so expensive. Would I be better off selling it for a profit and just getting virtual console games for my Wii u or what? The snes I bought works fine.

Depends if you are going to get in it / have the passion for it or not. If you just want to play the games then there are plenty of options out there to do so. However if you have a nostalgic feeling for it and dont mind dropping some money then the original with a crt (or HD mods) is the way to go.

Also there are still plenty of games that aren't absurd prices yet, just depends what you are looking for and how open you are. Just looking for the popular stuff then expect to shell out some cash

Doesn't sound like you care much for collecting.

If you just want to play the game and don't mind digital copies there's plenty of great SNES games on the VC for a portion of the price.

How much does a SNES console go for nowadays? $40 - $50?

If you don't care about collecting and just want to play some games, I would sell it and set up a Raspberry Pi emulator. There is something special about playing the actual console on an old TV, so give it at least one play!

Virtual Console games aren't 100% accurate both video/sound-wise. I agree w/ @JohnG7380 get an Everdrive for the best gaming experience for the money.

Original SNES carts are collectible now and super expensive. Earthbound is a great game but I think $100 for cart now or more. Better to just play ROMs IMO. I sold all my carts from childhood a few years ago

bread's done
Back