I just got accepted to the Sony Game Advisory Panel

Congrads!!

I've never applied, as I've never heard of it.

I get most of the BETAs already, but I imagine you'll be getting full games.
Have a great time, and please stop promoting platformers.

:)

I've been in the GAP for 2 years now. Got to beta test Everquest, got a free game holder notebook, and that's about it. You have to edit your profile and make sure you check the box about being a beta tester. Also I think it helps to make sure you ergister the network adapter and tell them your internet connection type.

I've been in it for about a year now. Initially I got a lot of demos, magazines issues (back issues, periodically) and a really cool Sony Playstation zippered notebook.

things have been slow lately, though.

me and Darkewolfe were talking about this earlier since I just got in. He had(do not know if it is still there) an article on the front page of the GAP website

[quote name='bmulligan']I think you mean, "Darkworlf and I were talking about...."[/quote]

You are correct, there is no excuse for my bad grammar.

I've been in it since they started it. Not one Beta invite, not one damn thing other then my free Playstation paper binder I got when I joined, oh and for some odd reason, yesterday, I got the April 2004 edition of OPM and a note on it said, thank you for joining the Playstation GAP, even though I joined years ago. Weird.

they sent me that same issue when I registered for the playstation underground. I was kind of mad that they did not even give me a newer issue.

I've been in it for two years and all I've gotten is the binder, the pen that came with it, and OPM, and some promotional stuff for games. The only information I ever sent to Sony was a registration card for my ps2. Mebee thats it?

[quote name='drone8888']Congrads!!

I've never applied, as I've never heard of it.

I get most of the BETAs already, but I imagine you'll be getting full games.
Have a great time, and please stop promoting platformers.

:)[/quote]
I think the way to get in is too join the Playstation Undergroud. A card to join can be found in most first party Sony games.

WTF? I signed up a year and a half ago, and I only received that CD-wallet/binder and pen. I never got any magazines, demos, or beta invites. I feel ripped off.

Yeah, been a member for a while. Got to beta test Everquest Online Adventures, FFXI, and Socom II. Also got a CD holder for games, a notebook, pen. Yeah Casey was telling me they put an article I had submitted a long time ago. I see it, and man was it badly written. I tried to correct some of it in my journal today, but it don't matter. Man I should have taken my time. I'm telling you though, I submitted that, when I was testing FFXI around August-September.

I've been in GAP since it first started. Sony has sent me a lot of great things such as a DVD case, certificate, free demo disc for me and friends, hat, etc. I'll admit that being a member has boasted my Playstation support, although I've always been a big Playstation fan since I love RPG games a lot.

I've been in the GAP since the beginning. This is a good time to get accepted since most betas happen in the summer/fall time period. I just got done testing Monster Hunter and am waiting for the Ratchet & Clank 3 beta or Hot Shots Golf Fore beta to come up which should be anytime now. Just check your email at least once/day and you MUST keep the same email you registered with Sony. Have Fun!!!

[quote name='killswitch64']I've been in the GAP since the beginning. This is a good time to get accepted since most betas happen in the summer/fall time period. I just got done testing Monster Hunter and am waiting for the Ratchet & Clank 3 beta or Hot Shots Golf Fore beta to come up which should be anytime now. Just check your email at least once/day and you MUST keep the same email you registered with Sony. Have Fun!!![/quote]

R&C beta is going on right now. Everyone has their kits already

Same here. Good thing they came to me I'm already making a difference in gaming *tries not to laugh*

r1s3n

[quote name='killswitch64']I've been in the GAP since the beginning. This is a good time to get accepted since most betas happen in the summer/fall time period. I just got done testing Monster Hunter and am waiting for the Ratchet & Clank 3 beta or Hot Shots Golf Fore beta to come up which should be anytime now. Just check your email at least once/day and you MUST keep the same email you registered with Sony. Have Fun!!![/quote]

I was one of the first group to get invited to GAP when it was started. You need to be active in participating in the surveys when they come out. I hear people get kick out if they don't participate.

No use on waiting for Ratchet & Clank 3 and Hot Shot Golf Fore beta because they are going on as we speak. Whoever was beta testing for Monster Hunter didn't get an invite. You only could beta test one game at a time.

Congrats on your membership. I have been a member since the inception and have also gotten the binder,pen,goodies etc. I also got demos sent every other month or so, beta tested EQOA ( i am still recovering from that....ugh). Make sure you check the GAP portion of the sony website for updates and surveys etc, they really do help as far as demos and other items and invites.

[quote name='KingNES']Congrats on your membership. I have been a member since the inception and have also gotten the binder,pen,goodies etc. I also got demos sent every other month or so, beta tested EQOA ( i am still recovering from that....ugh). Make sure you check the GAP portion of the sony website for updates and surveys etc, they really do help as far as demos and other items and invites.[/quote]

Link to that part of the site?

I just joined.

I saw this thread and figured it was time to register my console and Network Adapter a week and a half ago. Went ahead and registered all my games and my PS1 as well.

Lo and behold, an e-mail arrived Tuesday.

[quote name='donssword']I just joined.

I saw this thread and figured it was time to register my console and Network Adapter a week and a half ago. Went ahead and registered all my games and my PS1 as well.

Lo and behold, an e-mail arrived Tuesday.[/quote]

Dude, WTF?! When am I gonna get one?!?!

I have been in the PS Underground since like 95 and the GAP since it was started and I have yet to get any Beta Test invites. I am on DSL so I know it is not my connection speed, I guess I have just been unlucky with their selection process.

Been in the GAP since it started as well. Got the certificate and the binder with the pen, but i dont get any OPM issues :( The games I beta tested were SOCOM2, Syphon Filter Omega Strain, Monster Hunter (which i didnt even play) and i think 1 more (i forget which), and now I'm in the Raw vs Smackdown group (waiting for the disk). I missed out on RE Outbreak and I guess also R&C3 and Hot Shot Fore.

[quote name='"XboxMaster"'][quote name='"KingNES"']Congrats on your membership. I have been a member since the inception and have also gotten the binder,pen,goodies etc. I also got demos sent every other month or so, beta tested EQOA ( i am still recovering from that....ugh). Make sure you check the GAP portion of the sony website for updates and surveys etc, they really do help as far as demos and other items and invites.[/quote]

Link to that part of the site?[/quote]

https://secureus.playstation.com/re...=http://www.shape.us.playstation.com/home.asp

here ya go :)

they sent me some stuff to be a member a while back but thats when I did not have internet (lack of funds) so I missed out wish my cheapass would of payed the damn 44 bucks

bread's done
Back