I just got engaged!

Was it a surprise to you? You should have come here first and told us!?! We could have talked you out of it!

Seriously though congrats.

[quote name='reibeatall']Yay and stuff.

Now I don't get to make any more decisions for the rest of my life![/QUOTE]

not making decisions is the best part

[quote name='Wombat']not making decisions is the best part[/quote]

I guess it's a good thing I'm getting used to it now.

And in three years after the actually wedding, I can become a stand-up comedian and talk about how much I miss being single. (Which, honestly, wasn't that fun.)

Now I don't get to make any more decisions for the rest of my life![/quote]

damn, you're so lucky not having to think for yourself anymore, congrats buddy!

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']We'll be expecting your "game clearance" thread in the trade forum shortly.

;)[/QUOTE]

As soon as I came across this thread on the New Posts search I check which sub forum it was in as I was expecting it to actually be his game clearance thread!

Congrats. Enjoy the first two years of the engagement while the wedding seems ridiculously far away, as the last year will zoom by far too quickly. Ugh.. 5 weeks left.

[quote name='reibeatall']Haha. No, I'm not getting rid of my games.

I hope not.[/quote]Hey, no more decision-making for you.

[quote name='botticus']Congrats. Enjoy the first two years of the engagement while the wedding seems ridiculously far away, as the last year will zoom by far too quickly. Ugh.. 5 weeks left.[/QUOTE]

lol, you've been engaged forever now.

You're like that couple on a sitcom where everyone makes the jokes like "Wow, will they EVER get married?".

[quote name='Roufuss']lol, you've been engaged forever now.

You're like that couple on a sitcom where everyone makes the jokes like "Wow, will they EVER get married?".[/quote]Just call me Roy.

fucker.

[quote name='reibeatall']Haha. No, I'm not getting rid of my games.

I hope not.[/quote]

Congrats but the gaming will suffer for sure and we'll see your thread selling your games at some point after the wedding. Congrats on your engagement though!

[quote name='reibeatall']Hey, she's into gaming too, so the only reason I'd be selling them is for money.[/quote]

"The couple that plays games together, stays together."

Congrats on the engagement!

Well congrats, and if you think you won't make decisions, think again. You will have to decide wether you want...wait a minute who am I kidding.

Oh yeah, as far as the decisions go- you'll still be asked to make the decisions, it's just that your answer won't matter. Case in point:

Wife: Honey, where do you want to go to dinner tonight?
Husband: I don't care. Whatever sounds good to you.
Wife: Come on, I chose last time. Now where do you want to go?
Husband: Let's go to Outback Steakhouse.
Wife: Oh, but I really wanted to go to La Fufu Super-expensive Italian Eatery.
Husband: But you just asked me to choose.
Wife: Yeah cause I thought you'd have decent taste. Now go get dressed up.

[quote name='reibeatall']Hey, she's into gaming too, so the only reason I'd be selling them is for money.[/quote]

Oh man, then why haven't you married her already!!! That's definitely a bonus! Congrats indeed!

[quote name='CitizenB']Congrats, now memorize every episode of Married With Children, and your marriage should work out great.[/quote]

"The Jeffersons" is another great resource to help maintain stability in any relationship.

[quote name='reibeatall']Haha. No, I'm not getting rid of my games.[/quote]

Ha ha ha, that's what you think.

j/k misery loves company, so welcome to the club...

Now I don't get to make any more decisions for the rest of my life![/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Matrix Mr. Anderson :)

[quote name='Brak']R.I.P.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

That was what I was thinking. Another poor man bites the dust.
*looks over shoulder for the little woman* :)

Just kidding. Congrats!

There's still time to get out, unless she's already pregnant. Then you're in my kind of hell.

Congragulations,

All joking aside, getting married was probably the best thing I've ever done. Then again, it's only going on 2 years, so it could go downhill (though, we've lived together for over 5 years, so we're pretty settled in).

Though, one note, things do change after marriage. You will give in to certain stuff a lot more often. One thing I would do, once your actually married (not an issue in the engagement period) is to set some time for you very early on. If you like gaming, make sure you have a certain block of time each week that is for gaming (or anything else you love). It doesn't have to be a ton, but 6 months in, you'll see your wife intruding on that time (oh, watch this sappy movie with me, oh run to the store). They seem small, but it builds up. If you don't take any stand, you'll lose all control and time.

Not saying cause a fight over it (fighting isn't good, though sometimes neccessary), and you definitely need to give in to make a marriage work (we all do), just make sure there is a bit of you time still in there (especially if you work more, since she'll have her time then).

Congragulations, and you might have just made the best decision of your life (assuming you found Miss right).

Now I don't get to make any more decisions for the rest of my life![/quote]
If you think like that then i must wish you all the luck i can because you are going to need it, now more than ever you have to throw the decision over your shoulder because ur the man .

I got engaged recently as well already living together for about 5 months, we might get married soon, i say might as the male that i am if it was for heR WE WOULD OF BEEN MARRIED YEARS AGO !

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Congratulations :) I recently got engaged too. If you don't mind me asking, how did the proposal go (if there was one)?[/quote]

It was really boring, actually. We were sitting on the couch watching TV. I got up, turned off the TV, came to her and then did the "get down on one knee" thing.

You want pics?

Happy_Couple.jpg

congrats. mine is coming soon. :eek: i keep trying to put it off. but i dont think its gonna work for much longer. not to mention i told her before the end of the year :doh:

Hmm... I was just thinking about the word engaged.

That's something you do when you're going to fight someone. Someone was clever when making certain words within the English language. :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back