I just love stupid BB employees...

LoganDX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Well, Me and my bud went to BB yesterday to look for some games. I looked around for a bit before deciding on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Now I see a sign stating $39.99 and another for $49.99. We went to the register to pay for our games and guess what? It rang up for $49.99!

I said "There's a card back there stating $39.99." He pulled out the ad and says "But it's not advertised." He cashed my buddy out and told me to go get the sign and take it to customer service. I go back, get the sign and it says "As advertised!" There is about 10 or 12 stickers just stuck on top of each other.

I take it up to customer service and explain it to them. Guy rings it up, It says $49.99-duh! He looks at the sign and adjusts the price to $39.99, no problems. Thanks me and off I go. I guess someone didn't get the memo to change the sticker or was just too stupid/lazy. Oh well, I saved myself 10 whole dollars. Yeah!......

Must have been on sale at some point recently. The same thing happened to me a few months back with Sword of Mana. Rang up as $35 despite a tag saying $25. At least their good enough to do the right thing and price match, since it's their own mistake.

That happened to me a few years ago with NBA Showtime for Dreamcast. It had a shelf tag price of $17.99 but rang up for $29.99. Once I showed them the shelf tag, they honored the price for me and took away the shelf tag because they said it was only supposed to be the PSX version at that price.

Heres my story. I believe it fits perfectly here. Taken from the off-topic board.

I picked up FSW because of the Best Buy price match. They pissed me off though. They supposedly called Frys and they said it was $49.99. As my friend and I headed towards the car I pulled out my cell phone to see if this was true. They lied to me. I told the same cashier that i just verified the sale price at the City of Industry location. She replies 'My manager told me to call Fountain Valley'. I pull out my cell phone once again and look up the number for the Fountain Valley Frys. They also had it on sale for $34.99. The manager and calls the place personally. I made sure to tell her to ask for the Video Game Department. Before I knew it, the game rang up for $37.88. I told her to keep the 12 cents change.

I friggin hate it when an employee lies to me. Its happened at Target also when i was getting The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

only some places give you extra money off the product when they over charge you, K-mart does. When I got over charged at BB, they looked at the lower price on the shelf from an out of date sale then left the lower price sticker. Talk about lazy.

[quote name='Renzokuken']Heres my story. I believe it fits perfectly here. Taken from the off-topic board.

I picked up FSW because of the Best Buy price match. They pissed me off though. They supposedly called Frys and they said it was $49.99. As my friend and I headed towards the car I pulled out my cell phone to see if this was true. They lied to me. I told the same cashier that i just verified the sale price at the City of Industry location. She replies 'My manager told me to call Fountain Valley'. I pull out my cell phone once again and look up the number for the Fountain Valley Frys. They also had it on sale for $34.99. The manager and calls the place personally. I made sure to tell her to ask for the Video Game Department. Before I knew it, the game rang up for $37.88. I told her to keep the 12 cents change.

I friggin hate it when an employee lies to me. Its happened at Target also when i was getting The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.[/quote]

I'm guessing this is the Costa Mesa Best Buy? I hate the customer service there.

I just love stupid BB employees

Really? I hate them. "Do you have the classic NES GBA games?" "No, they're not out till the 15th. Why not pick up DK country while you're here? :roll: "

[quote name='k8s']I just love stupid BB employees

Really? I hate them. "Do you have the classic NES GBA games?" "No, they're not out till the 15th. Why not pick up DK country while you're here? :roll: "[/quote]

I only love them when due to their inepitude I walk away saving $10 on a new release game, otherwise they suck ass.....

bread's done
Back