I just paid full price for a game.

kaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I just paid full price for a game for the first time in a year and a half (Zelda: Windwaker 3/2003). The first Halo stayed at 50 dollars for so long, I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't get the LE. I bought Halo 2 LE at Outpost.com for 52.99 shipped. I feel so dirty. :cry:

EB has a deal.. trade in up to 5 games and get $10 per game towards the purchase of Halo 2. I did this deal and scored two free copies (one for me, one for my cuz).

[quote name='Scorch']EB has a deal.. trade in up to 5 games and get $10 per game towards the purchase of Halo 2. I did this deal and scored two free copies (one for me, one for my cuz).[/quote]

All the games I would want to get rid of are probably on EB's "excluded" list. Oh well. I'm sure I'll forget about it on November 9th... Or 13th, 14th... whenever Outpost gets it to me.

[quote name='zewone']Ouch. That must hurt. The last one I paid full price for was Katamari Damacy which was only $20 and I regret nothing. :D You should have tried getting the CE at Gamerush if you have one. I got mine paid for for about $15 with all their crazy deals/coupons.[/quote]

No Gamerushes, unfortunately.

So, what was it like? Haven't payed full price for a game since Halo which I bought in 2002 I think.

Don't feel bad. I paid full price for it too. It'll be worth it, plus one game in a year and half ain't bad. ;)

[quote name='sj41']So, what was it like? Haven't payed full price for a game since Halo which I bought in 2002 I think.[/quote]

I feel like I forsaked my cheapass brethren.

[quote name='kaw'][quote name='Scorch']EB has a deal.. trade in up to 5 games and get $10 per game towards the purchase of Halo 2. I did this deal and scored two free copies (one for me, one for my cuz).[/quote]

All the games I would want to get rid of are probably on EB's "excluded" list. Oh well. I'm sure I'll forget about it on November 9th... Or 13th, 14th... whenever Outpost gets it to me.[/quote]

The cheap games from Overstock work, though. Suprisingly, the exclusion list for this deal is kinda small.

I used the previously mentioned trade-in deal. They also had the same deal for a bunch of games last month, so I got GTA:SA with it too. I haven't payed $50 for a game in 3 years (GTA 3).

EDIT: But, I may pay full price for Ratchet & Clank ($40) tomorrow, since I have so much credit at EB.

[quote name='Birbo']BANNED![/quote]

:D

Last game I paid full price for was something on the N64. Haven't bought any games at full price for the current gens consoles. I'll probably play my brother-in-laws copy of Halo 2 around Thanksgiving time and if it really hooks me I may crack then.

You are a fool!
I'm waiting for Halo 2, but that's because I don't have the $50. So I probably won't be playing it until it's cheap, which'll be like 2021

I dunno if it counts but...

I traed 2 crappy games for 20$ off GTA SA.
Had 10$ Gift Card
Bought it on pre-release day
BUT!!! I saw that guide(which is huge) and HAD to buy it. So that add like 13$.

OO, and i got all this free stuff cause were the last ones there. 2 shirts, gta bandana, stickers, hats and a KOOOl bag lol

[quote name='bignick']Same here with Halo 2 LE. I must have it on day one. shaq-fu waiting 2 months to get the regular version for $5 less.[/quote]

word.

I can't imagine paying full price for a game anymore. I don't have anything against it, and I would gladly splurge for a game thats especially good (FFX-2 was the last one I spent 50 bucks on), but it just feels strange now. I cringe whenever I hear my friends bragging about the new games that they got for full price.

I will be buying mine at BB. Have a $20 gift card for b-day and will go get the gamer card and save another $5, so damage won't be as bad.

The one thing I can say is that using BB GGC's well before I found CAG, which expanded my horizons immensely. Back into 2003 and even 2002, I think. :shock:

Though, with here, I found the joys of:

TRU green tag sale
TRU B2G1 sale
CC $5 sale
CC Fall sale
BB sales, both B&M & web
Outpost.com deals
Gamestop deals, both B&M & web
EBGames deals, both B&M & web
Plus many other small deals from many other places.

As well as the huge sales/trading community which tends to cover all the other areas.

I don't think I've paid full price for a game in quite some time, but I did for a long time before.

If I really wanted it the day it came out, I'd think about paying full price. Bare minimum would be $5 off from full price @ BB with a GGC.

Full, full price? That would be a hard one to do.

I payed full price for Ikaruga recently, but that's because I haven't been able to find it anywhere else, plus game crazy would only give me store credit for returning an unopened game a week later with a game crazy reciept.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']You didn't technically pay full price, since the LE version is $54.99.[/quote]

Plus tax, which he probably didn't pay with the Outpost deal. So he probably saved $5 to $7, total.

[quote name='kaji7p56']I paid full price for SMT: Noctrune. But this is a rare example of a game that is worth it.[/quote]

I paid full price for it, though it was on the TRU B2G1 sale, so that might not count.

bread's done
Back