I just put in Fable and my world came to a complete Stop!!!

Othergods

CAGiversary!
The Eject button on my Xbox started flickering Red and Green and this message came up on the screen in six languages.

"You Xbox needs to be repaired. Please contact Xbox customer support" and in the top right corner was a big White # 21.

I called and they said I need to send it in to be repaired for $79.99 + shipping to them. I bought this unit close to launch so it is old. So I just hit up the local Walmart and picked up a new Xbox.

Guess it works out ok, since I never had a Controller S. But My concern now is installing XBL on this new unit, I hope that is not a problem. Also I just lost my Crib on NFL 2K5 (90 hours of game play) and what ever other saves I had...

As for putting Live on the new unit:

I'm pretty sure all you will need to do is install Live on the new unit (I think it's actually pre-installed on newer models) and try to enter your old account. It should move it over and nullify it on the old box if it ever signs into Live again. I've never actually done this, so I may have left out a step or two. I'm sure Xbox.com has some info on the process.

SHIT. Your Xbox breaks down right when you want to play Fable? That's rough. At least you can still play it. You can sell the broken one on ebay.

Awesome Thanks for the XBL Advise. Yeah I plan on trying to sell the broke unit on Ebay. If anyone is interested keep checking seller Cthulhumythos :) Not sure when I will actually list it.

[quote name='Othergods'] Also I just lost my Crib on NFL 2K5 (90 hours of game play) and what ever other saves I had...[/quote]

GS sells used XB memory cards for $15 if you can find one. You should be able to fit everything you had on it (there are a few that can't be moved, KOTOR for example).

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='Othergods']
"You Xbox needs to be repaired. Please contact Xbox customer support" and in the top right corner was a big White # 21.
[/quote]

Can I ask if you tried to hard/soft mod your Xbox? Error 21 usally comes when someone is trying to install EvoX or Linux? Just wondering.[/quote]

If he didn't he now has an extra Xbox for such experiments. If the problem is just a drive failure then fixing it himself isn't a big deal now that it's more of a sacrificial victim.

Yeah I have never attempted to mod it, Now I am considering to though. All depends on what I can find on the net about how to do it.

I am pretty computer competent, So I am willing to try.

yup i think its in numbers that says, I am the lord your God you shall have no othergods... and if you do, your xbox dies!

I just had a similar problem with a broken Xbox and XBL. Just had to put the billed credit card number in and it took care of itself. My Xbox went for $91 shipped on eBay, broken. :)

Microsoft should really offer free repairs like Sony does with the PS2. We should try to send a class action suit Microsoft's way, then maybe they will repair Xboxs for free.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Microsoft should really offer free repairs like Sony does with the PS2. We should try to send a class action suit Microsoft's way, then maybe they will repair Xboxs for free.[/quote]

Sad state of affairs..

i never had a warranty on my xbox, but when it broke, i called them up and they told me to send in my box. When i sent it in, they set me a refurb and told me i had a warranty. I bouight this xbox at launch too.

Well after about 2 and a half hours of Fable, It is really fun. I have completed 2 quests, grown some horns got a hair cut grown a Mustache and Beard and Farted alot.

Man the Controller S is tiny compared to the old ones.

Also, I can prove alot of people wrong. All the guys that siad "No one will buy an Xbox for Fable." I just did :) There was no stipulation that said You could not be an Xbox fanboy whos unit just broke...

If I can get close to $90 on Ebay that will be awesome. I need to list it.

bread's done
Back