I kept my PS3 and I have questions.

MusicNoteLess

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
1. Where is the cheapeast Place to get some decent HDMI cables. Are there any 1st Party cables?

2. What would you reccomend for speakers? Since the PS3 has HDMI input, am I gonna have to buy a system with HDMI input as well?

I bought a 32" Olevia HDTV from MicroCenter yesterday if that helps any. Thanks!

[quote name='musicnoteless']1. Where is the cheapeast Place to get some decent HDMI cables. Are there any 1st Party cables?

2. What would you reccomend for speakers? Since the PS3 has HDMI input, am I gonna have to buy a system with HDMI input as well?

I bought a 32" Olevia HDTV from MicroCenter yesterday if that helps any. Thanks![/QUOTE]
1. Probably Wal-mart.
2. Are you using a receiver/surround sound system?

[quote name='drawingboard']1. Probably Wal-mart.
2. Are you using a receiver/surround sound system?[/quote]

How about Digital Audio output it has? Is that good?

You can adjust the settings on the PS3 to use HDMI for video and Optical Digital for audio, so pretty much any home theatre with optical-in will work great. I picked up a Pioneer similar to this one at Wal Mart about a year ago and it's working great.

It only has 1 optical input, though, so you'll either want to shop around or get a system selector that supports digital audio.

[quote name='musicnoteless']1. Where is the cheapeast Place to get some decent HDMI cables. Are there any 1st Party cables?

I bought a 32" Olevia HDTV from MicroCenter yesterday if that helps any. Thanks![/quote]
YOu know where to get the HDMI cable, other posters have told you .

For the audio, definitely go the digital route. Buy an optical cable and connect it to a receiver. Depending on your budget, you can pick a home theater setup up for as low as $199 (speakers and receiver). However, if you want it to sound really good, I recommend the following setup: Yamaha RV-459 6.1 receiver and Infiniti 5.1 Home Theater Speakers. Both can be had on Crutchfield for $600 shipped

Thank you ashram for the link. I just got my HDMI cables today and it makes a HELL of a difference in graphics. Compared to now, I though I was blind before.

As for the surround sound system. I picked up a coby receiver/system with an optical in and for some reason when i try to configure my ps3 for the opt in cable...I get no sound from my speakers...any suggestions?

It works fine with the reg av cable but i want to experience 5.1 dolby digital damnit!

i know its a bit late, but i concur about getting your hdmi cables from monoprice.com

i have 2 and they are like 8 bucks for 6 feet i beleive, and they work just fine honestly...

i have a suspecion that there is some screen grain but i may be my tv and not the hdmi itself, im not totally sure, if anyone has monoprice cables and you have a super clear grain free pictuer please tell me =)

[quote name='tothjm']i know its a bit late, but i concur about getting your hdmi cables from monoprice.com

i have 2 and they are like 8 bucks for 6 feet i beleive, and they work just fine honestly...

i have a suspecion that there is some screen grain but i may be my tv and not the hdmi itself, im not totally sure, if anyone has monoprice cables and you have a super clear grain free pictuer please tell me =)[/quote]

my cables are fine, it just has a half a second of snow to adjusts itself before it loads a game or movie.

Can anybody help me with the opt in cable problem?

bread's done
Back