I know theres a lot of PC help threads but...Media Laptop recommendations?

narcotic buzz

CAG Veteran
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me with choosing a media laptop. First I'm trying to decide if I should go with a Mac or a Windows-based laptop. The laptop will be used for Surfing the web, Movies, Music and maybe photos. Also I may be interested into getting into Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, video editing, etc.

I researched the Macbook/Pro and I think if I were to go with a Mac laptop I would get the Pro. Is the extra cost worth it? and if I wanted to could I dual boot windows with it?

If the Macbook isnt the way to go for this what Windows-based laptop would you recommend and why?

Thanks so much for the help.

[quote name='narcotic buzz']I researched the Macbook/Pro and I think if I were to go with a Mac laptop I would get the Pro. Is the extra cost worth it? and if I wanted to could I dual boot windows with it?

If the Macbook isnt the way to go for this what Windows-based laptop would you recommend and why?[/QUOTE]
Yes you can dual boot a Mac with Windows, although you would have to buy (or pirate) a copy of Windows obviously. In my opinion it is much better to go with a PC. Both Macs and PCs can do what you listed. The differences are just that with Macs you get the software that comes with OSX and pay around twice as much.
If you do decide to go with a PC I would either buy a HP or a Dell. I bought a HP laptop 6 months ago for $450 and it hasn't given me a single problem.

[quote name='DrFoo']Yes you can dual boot a Mac with Windows, although you would have to buy (or pirate) a copy of Windows obviously. In my opinion it is much better to go with a PC. Both Macs and PCs can do what you listed. The differences are just that with Macs you get the software that comes with OSX and pay around twice as much.
If you do decide to go with a PC I would either buy a HP or a Dell. I bought a HP laptop 6 months ago for $450 and it hasn't given me a single problem.[/QUOTE]

I would go Dell, not HP. I got an HP last march, as did 3 of my friends. 3 of us have had cracked hinges that prevent the laptop from closing, no drops just normal use. And two of us have had a problem where windows auto updates shuts down and won't boot back up thus requiring a reformat and OS reinstall. I have not seen this on any other computer running Vista but these HPs.

If you have the money and don't want to game buy a Mac, if you do want to game then buy something from Dell or Gateway.

I suggest this Gateway: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...teway&lp=3&type=product&cp=1&id=1195599780039, if you want to game at all.

But it really comes down to what size screen you want and how much you want to pay, Windows based laptops are a much better value.

bread's done
Back