I live in ESPN's Titletown USA!

According to the Valdosta Daily Times, Valdosta High School has won 116 region and state championships, a large chunk of them in football. The Wildcats football team is the nation’s all-time winningest program and has 23 state championships.
Lowndes High, the 2007 Class AAAAA football champion, has 94 titles, and Valwood, a private school, has 55. Valdosta State University has won another 40 titles.

Good gawd!! :hot:

Valdosta State is a Division II powerhouse. I remember at Delta State, we would always have big battles with Valdosta State in the Gulf South Conference. Delta State has won a few national titles in football, baseball, and women's basketball, but no where near the dominance that Valdosta State has pulled off over the years in various sports.

Congrats, and I am glad ESPN is recognizing a small town and a smaller school, instead of the normal big schools that always get the recognition.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Who cares about High School sports?[/quote]

This.

Seriously, this type of stuff is what makes me despise ESPN.

[quote name='wubb']Boston was DQed for cheating eh?[/quote]

Absolutely. The Patriots suck and they got off easy for all the cheating they did. Lose a pick and a fine. Whoopie shit.

TBW

between this and the 50 states/50 days debacle they had....

[quote name='SpitFire158']Gainesville, FL should have won it :)[/quote]

Agreed!
Honestly, Titletown just showed how desperate ESPN is during the summer, not including how annoying they are. Titletown is almost as retarded as their Who's Next/Who's No. 1/whatever crap they had last year. They must have been praying their asses off to get as lucky they did with this Favre crap.

What annoyed me with ESPN was during the Patriots season, they took and compared them every day for a week or 2 to the best Super Bowl winners in history as if they had already won the damn thing...

Dont watch too much SC anymore and it is crap like this

Yeah, that is impressive on how many titles they have. Good for you on living there. If they ever have a "Cow Pie Town, USA" I think I may qualify for that one....lets hope!!

For people bitching about ESPN's "choice" keep in mind the winner was selected by votes on the website, not by the network....

bread's done
Back