I Love/Hate/Tolerate the 80s! CAG Radio Test Run is Online!

Saucy Jack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Do you love the 80s? Hate them? Like them because you can make fun of them? Well, here's a treat for you!

This is a test run for CAG Radio. There is no DJ chatter in this one. This "broadcast" consists of a random sampling of 80s music and some 80s trailers following the songs. Remember how cheesy 80s trailers were? :rofl:

Now, the "legal" stuff:

The content of this file is made for fun. It is NOT made for profit in any way! Saucy Jack, CheapyD, CAG, or any other entity is not responsible for the file or its contents. There is nothing that is NSFW in this broadcast, but you are still the one choosing to download it and listen to it. I think that pretty much sums it up...

Also, this file is hosted on YouSendIt! It has a life of 25 downloads or 7 days, whichever comes first. Please pay it forward and upload the file again, either at YouSendIt! or another reliable source, so that many people can enjoy the file.

Also, please post any kind of suggestions/comments/feedback. Hope you enjoy this! :)

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LCV21XDSA06W102P03DGPTIIC

EDIT:

NOTE: After each song, please turn down your volume. Due to the age of the trailers, they have a harsh and loud sound to them.

Also, if you notice any kind of skipping or errors, try playing the file in another media player. Winamp may have some problems with this file, especially when fast forwarding/rewinding the file. Media Player Classic seemed to have no problems.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Do you love the 80s? Hate them? Like them because you can make fun of them? Well, here's a treat for you!

This is a test run for CAG Radio. There is no DJ chatter in this one. This "broadcast" consists of a random sampling of 80s music and some 80s trailers following the songs. Remember how cheesy 80s trailers were? :rofl:

Now, the "legal" stuff:

The content of this file is made for fun. It is NOT made for profit in any way! Saucy Jack, CheapyD, CAG, or any other entity is not responsible for the file or its contents. There is nothing that is NSFW in this broadcast, but you are still the one choosing to download it and listen to it. I think that pretty much sums it up...

Also, this file is hosted on YouSendIt! It has a life of 25 downloads or 7 days, whichever comes first. Please pay it forward and upload the file again, either at YouSendIt! or another reliable source, so that many people can enjoy the file.

Also, please post any kind of suggestions/comments/feedback. Hope you enjoy this! :)

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LCV21XDSA06W102P03DGPTIIC[/QUOTE]

I like it.... but then again I like 80's music :) anyway what is the thought behind this? something like a shoutcast server or something different?

[quote name='extzed']I like it.... but then again I like 80's music :) anyway what is the thought behind this? something like a shoutcast server or something different?[/QUOTE]

No, it's an mp3 file. The thought behind this is just to have different CAGs come up with something to share with the community. Doesn't matter what it is... just something to share. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']No, it's an mp3 file. The thought behind this is just to have different CAGs come up with something to share with the community. Doesn't matter what it is... just something to share. :)[/QUOTE]

cool cool, I just wasn't sure if at somepoint it was going to turn into a shoutcast type of thing or just be more like the cagcast's available in mp3 and whatnot.:cool:

edit: one thing to maybe keep in mind is those trailers are *way* louder than everything else

[quote name='extzed']

edit: one thing to maybe keep in mind is those trailers are *way* louder than everything else[/QUOTE]

I know. I normalized everything and tried to mix it better, but the poor quality of the trailers seems to be the culprit of the harsh sound.

Pretty cool.

I got some audio editing software and shits; might make something of it.

Damn, that was orgasmic. But.. Needs more Murray. ;) :lol:

This weekend, I'll be down at a radio station trying to figure out how to rip radio liners off of GTA III for a real-life station, I could see if I could manage to throw something together down there. :)

[quote name='Brak']Here's one I made:

http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3IENWI6LCJEMO25HRDFSFAV17Z

5 tracks.
Filesize: 22 mb. Length: 16:07

No interludes / bumpers between the musical tracks. Couldn't find anything that'd spruce it up. I do have the tracks fade-in to eachother, however.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll download it and give it a listen. :)

[quote name='Tiphireth']Damn, that was orgasmic. But.. Needs more Murray. ;) :lol:

This weekend, I'll be down at a radio station trying to figure out how to rip radio liners off of GTA III for a real-life station, I could see if I could manage to throw something together down there. :)[/QUOTE]

I think I still have all the chatterbox segments from GTA 3 on my computer. If I had the Murray track, I would have played it for you, since you requested it. Well, if everyone likes this, there might be a sequel... so maybe you'll get your Murray fix then.

Brak, that was a great mix, my friend! Can we talk you into coming up with some more stuff? Maybe your own show where you are the DJ? The best part is that you won't need the Pringles can, and you can work on the show at your leisure. :lol:

I've gotten some pretty positive feedback from this little test. Apparently a lot of people here like or like to make fun of the 80s. So I might start preparing a Vol. 2 in the same style. If you have any suggestions or such, please make them. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Brak, that was a great mix, my friend! Can we talk you into coming up with some more stuff? Maybe your own show where you are the DJ? The best part is that you won't need the Pringles can, and you can work on the show at your leisure. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Maybe.

I got a lot of shit to work out, though, what with an inept school, work, some illustrations I'm supposed to do for a coloring book and some other shit. Oh; and playing video games.

bread's done
Back