I love my local Game store

budsmoka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The independent place in my town is awesome. I got mass effect 1 for $22 and GTA4 for $12. Everything there was way cheaper then gamestop was asking. They also have older games but they ask ridiculous prices for most, $150 for a black label FF7? $32 for FF anthology? They had a great xbox selection I have to back for, splinter cell games and a few others.

did you mean mass effect 2 cause I would never buy mass effecr 1 for 22 dollars. by the way where do you live where this unbelievable gamestop is?

Its not a gamestop lol. Oh wow payed $2 more but it beats what I'd have to pay for shipping not to mention I got it today and didn't have to wait around for it. The place had a bunch of other stuff cheap so I'm going back.

[quote name='budsmoka']Its not a gamestop lol. Oh wow payed $2 more but it beats what I'd have to pay for shipping not to mention I got it today and didn't have to wait around for it. The place had a bunch of other stuff cheap so I'm going back.[/QUOTE]

Add $5.01 to your order ($25) and the shipping is free on Amazon . . . plus most likely you'd save another $1 (more or less) on tax . . . but this depends on your location.

But the OP is right in the basic premise . . . stay away from Gameslop.

So is $12 plus tax good for a used copy of ME? I'm just wondering, cause like this guy said, even $22 is cheaper than GS, but I'm wondering if other places have better prices.

I was able to get Mass Effect sealed on clearance at Shopko for $10 a few months ago... But yeah, I agree that local used game shops are way beyond Gamestop. Best deal I got was Ico for $6.99 at mine.

Stop trying to shoot the OP down.. Pssst. It's still a good price whether some of you got it cheaper or not. I purchased Left 4 Dead 2 for $20 ... just to see someone purchase it on ebay for $13 the next day. Who cares, it happens... still i got it a good price compared to Gamestop who's selling it for 40 new and used for 30.

He got two sweet deals and there's nothing to be regretful about .. specially over two dollars -.-

Good pick ups man!! ;] Let me know what other deals you find.. i'm kinda intrigued to see what games they have good deals on.

They also offer $3 disk repair and every game they sell is scratch free so its just one more reason to shop there. Some of the deals that caught my eye were FF13 $48.99,Bioshock 2 $30.99 and Resident Evil 5 $17.99. I have to finish up a few games so it will be a few weeks before I'm back.

Yeah you got ripped off lol. $22 for used Mass Effect when you could have gotten it brand new for cheaper. Also pretty much everyone snagged dozens of copies of GTA IV for $7.50 during one of there last 2 B1G1 free sales, otherwise its $14.99 there.

Hardly awesome prices.

[quote name='budsmoka']They also offer $3 disk repair and every game they sell is scratch free so its just one more reason to shop there. Some of the deals that caught my eye were FF13 $48.99,Bioshock 2 $30.99 and Resident Evil 5 $17.99. I have to finish up a few games so it will be a few weeks before I'm back.[/QUOTE]

Sorry i have to say thats not much of a deal. FF13 was $30 a few weeks ago during k-mart deal and is currently $48.99 before any discounts on gamestop. Bioshock 2 is $32.99 before discounts, Resident Evil 5 is $19.99 before discounts.

I believe most of those were also cheaper w/ gamefly sale that just ended.

[quote name='Brian9824']
I believe most of those were also cheaper w/ gamefly sale that just ended.[/QUOTE]

Correct, Bioshock 2 was $17.99 shipped from Gamefly.

Wow a sale that I missed. At this point in time I got a decent deal and I didn't have to wait a week for my games to get here.

[quote name='schultzed']But the OP is right in the basic premise . . . stay away from Gameslop.[/QUOTE]

That stuff was funny the first million times people did. Actually, it wasn't funny then, either.

Also unless that was a Platinum Hits copy of the game you got screwed there as well. The Platinum Hits version of the game has all of the bonus content that was originally on the bonus disk in the Limited Edition, plus it comes with the first of the 2 ME DLC packs (and the only good one) for free to install via the bonus disk.

Yes that is better than Gamestop's used price for ME 1 but every Best Buy I go to and a lot of Target's, Walmart's, KMart's, and Toys R Us's will still have the PH version of Mass Effect 1 instock new for $19.99.

Now GTA 4 for $12 is a good price. Some people got it for $10 new on Black Friday, but you can't expect a local store to match that, and that's still a really good price for that game. I think Saints Row 2 is better, but only myself and Cheapy D seem to have that opinion.

The prices you mentioned on the FF stuff is ripped straight from EBay. There's no way I'd get rid of my disk copy of FF VII, even though my old roommate (whom I gameshare with) got the digital version of VII and I have it on my PS3. There's no way they're going to sell FF VII for that considering the digital version is $10. There's a reason it's still in the top 20 downloads every week on the PSN. Stores that do stock it want $100 for it.

It's important to support local, independent shops when they give good customer service, but beware if you're going to brag about them and we see that you got somewhat swindled, we're going to educate you about it so you can be a more informed consumer.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']So is $12 plus tax good for a used copy of ME? I'm just wondering, cause like this guy said, even $22 is cheaper than GS, but I'm wondering if other places have better prices.[/QUOTE]

That's a good price, but see my post about the features of the Platinum Hits version of Mass Effect 1 vs. the standard edition.

At Game Crazy's liquidation sales, you can find both those games for around $10 tops.

Also, both are available on Xbox LIVE as Direct Downloads for $19, i believe, you wouldnt have even needed to leave your house.

You and Fire_Theif should talk sometime.

Most gamefly shipping takes for me is 3-4 days and for a saving of $15 i'd say its worth it.

The prices you paid are somewhat fair but if you browse the forum a bit more and pay attention for sales you could save $50-60 buying those games easily which adds up in the long run.

[quote name='DLsemen']At Game Crazy's liquidation sales, you can find both those games for around $10 tops. [/QUOTE]

Mass Effect is $14.99, so at liquidation starting prices, it'd be $11.99 (20% off). GTA4 is $9.99 used regularly at GC, so it'd be $7.99. Man, OP got hosed so bad.

[quote name='Scorch']Mass Effect is $14.99, so at liquidation starting prices, it'd be $11.99 (20% off). GTA4 is $9.99 used regularly at GC, so it'd be $7.99. Man, OP got hosed so bad.[/QUOTE]

He might not have a GC near him (same boat I was in after the stealth closing of my local GC the Friday before ODST launched.) But yeah I think the OP might want to reconsider some things about that store before going back. If you have a cell phone with internet, go ahead and look stuff up on CAG or even Amazon before you blind buy stuff OP.

[quote name='Scorch']Mass Effect is $14.99, so at liquidation starting prices, it'd be $11.99 (20% off). GTA4 is $9.99 used regularly at GC, so it'd be $7.99. Man, OP got hosed so bad.[/QUOTE]

All GC in my area closed in days. Price is still cheaper then gamestop and all other stores.

Like i said decent price on GTA IV but they can be had for same price or cheaper without too much hassle. I picked up 15 copies for $7.50 each last blockbuster sale for flipping and there are still at least 20-30 copies in the area left.

The Mass Effect is where you got hosed. $14.99 used for a game thats $19.99 new and comes with the DLC where you need to buy yours.

bread's done
Back