I LOVE the USPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhhdx4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I ordered The Departed from Best Buy a few weeks ago, the special edition with the tin cover and postcards since everyone around me sold out of it, now things were going great with shipping until it hit the Jersey City USPS center and now its saying "Visible Damage" on the tracking page. First off What the HELL does visible damage mean, and what does that mean for my package?

*will never get the cheap shipping again*

[quote name='hhhdx4']I ordered The Departed from Best Buy a few weeks ago, the special edition with the tin cover and postcards since everyone around me sold out of it, now things were going great with shipping until it hit the Jersey City USPS center and now its saying "Visible Damage" on the tracking page. First off What the HELL does visible damage mean, and what does that mean for my package?

*will never get the cheap shipping again*[/QUOTE]
USPS is in ur package watchin ur De'potted.

Just because it says "visible damage" doesn't mean your item is messed up. Maybe it's just the outer box. Or I could be wrong and your item is badly beaten. I'm wrong alot, so worry. Definitely.

I'm still waiting for the day one of my packages says "Fell off the truck" or "Accidentally run over by the truck" or "Fell of the plane". That's how my luck always seems to work out.

All of the USPS packages I've received have arrived fine. The UPS however...it should say "Package Currently Used to Play Hacky Sac"

USPS sucks. I sent Donkey Kong to another CAG and it vanished during shipping. Plus, they never pick up from my house. I put my mail in my box and they just cram incoming mail on top of it. And I can't even count the amount of times things have been damaged or never showed up.

Start to worry if another week or two passes, because then, at least for letters, you get the remnants in a nice new envelope with a letter of apology about what malady befell your package.

I haven't have it happen on an actual package before but if it doesn't show for a while you can start expecting the worst.

I've gotten packages that have been torn or dented. They never marked it "Visible damage."

I'm sad to say it might be messed up bad.

I hate the USPS. Just recently it took them over a week for something to arrive first class that was a two hour drive away. Another time I sent something Priority and it didn't arrive for 5-6 weeks. Even worst was I sent off rent payment well in advance and to some place in town and it didn't even arrive for over two weeks, started getting calls about late rent that month.

haha my dad had me xpresspost something (Canada Post fast shipping method 1-2 business or something) for him to down town Victoria (about a 20 minute drive away) and the lady at the counter asked if I wanted insurance I told if Canada Post managed to fuck it up in the like not even 20Km between the post office and downtown it was going to take a lot more than insurance to make me feel better.

I saw fedex deliver a package TO the post office a week ago. I could barely contain my laughter and at that moment wished I had a camera with.

[quote name='MF Dagger']I saw fedex deliver a package TO the post office a week ago. I could barely contain my laughter and at that moment wished I had a camera with.[/quote]

I'm not sure about Fedex but I know UPS and DHL have certain combinations where they will do UPS or DHL most of the way up to a USPS close to the destination and then USPS finishes off the delivery.

I've had good experiences with USPS except for my shitty P.O. Box workers for on campus mail.

i used to work for UPS and to tell you the truth i left foot prints on a lot of packages, and im sure USPS isn't much diffrent from the UPS operation

[quote name='dastly75']I'm not sure about Fedex but I know UPS and DHL have certain combinations where they will do UPS or DHL most of the way up to a USPS close to the destination and then USPS finishes off the delivery.

I've had good experiences with USPS except for my shitty P.O. Box workers for on campus mail.[/QUOTE]

it's true, we deliver thier stuff all the time. Also, visible damage means just that, it's damage you can see on the package. it could be anything though, like a rip or water damaged.

please remember that the USPS delivers millions of pieces of mail each day and odds are that things will get lost, damaged, etc...the service is not perfect and neither is any other service

i personally have had only 1 package lost (that was supposed to come to me) and i have used the package service thousands of times

[quote name='Jedi1979']please remember that the USPS delivers millions of pieces of mail each day and odds are that things will get lost, damaged, etc...the service is not perfect and neither is any other service

i personally have had only 1 package lost (that was supposed to come to me) and i have used the package service thousands of times[/quote]

Same here. Until they perfect teleportation technology, usps is still the way to go.

[quote name='Jedi1979']please remember that the USPS delivers millions of pieces of mail each day and odds are that things will get lost, damaged, etc...the service is not perfect and neither is any other service

i personally have had only 1 package lost (that was supposed to come to me) and i have used the package service thousands of times[/QUOTE]

agreed, they do a good job for what they have to do, plus its still cheap

[quote name='CitizenB']But then our package's will get lost in space.[/QUOTE]

lis04-3.jpg

what have you done now, you bumbling bag of bolts?!?

I hate UPS as well. Last December my Aunt was going to give me her laptop. It was less then a year old. Well it should have only took a week to get from my house in CA (she is in Flordia). Well I wasnt home when it came. They never left me a note or anything. They called her for some reason and sent it back only after one miss. When she got it backed the screen was cracked. Then she had insurance for it but she only got back 1/3 of the value of it. It was a little more then a year old and it was well over a grand. Even after the value went down it was still more then a grand.

Point is dont use UPS. Use Fedex. Never have had a problem with them.

i personally have had only 1 package lost (that was supposed to come to me) and i have used the package service thousands of times[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Nothing is perfect.
\

I sold a ps3 to a guy in the UK and it arrived not working. Had it insured and USPS is taking their sweet motherF*cking time on getting the insurance paid out.

Meanwhile the guy is threatening to sue me to get his money back ASAP.

BTW he already lost the paypal claim.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I sold a ps3 to a guy in the UK and it arrived not working. Had it insured and USPS is taking their sweet motherF*cking time on getting the insurance paid out.

BTW he already lost the paypal claim.[/quote]

What does that have to do with the USPS? Isn't that more of a sony-selling-crappy-products type deal?

Like most things in the USPS it depends on your individual office. Your package could just have a slight dent or minor tear and an overeager clerk marked it visible damage because that probably IS the regulation. However, more likely they damaged it themselves and marked it that. I know in my old office generally we only put a mark like that on something if we screwed up.

But the one thing I learned in the USPS is never ship anything media mail or parcel post. Considering the way PP and media is treated I am surprised 50% of them aren't damaged in some way or another. Priority gets special treatment and is far less likely to be damaged.

Insurance takes months, IF they decide to pay out. And you aren't getting more than you paid for the system back. USPS does not pay on "value" only what you paid for the item (Except in very rare cases. And eBay isn't on that list.). They have cracked down on insurance claims in the past few years and are very strict about this stuff now. Plus it takes longer than ever now that all claims over $50 have to go through the St. Louis office (if I remember correctly)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I sold a ps3 to a guy in the UK and it arrived not working. Had it insured and USPS is taking their sweet motherF*cking time on getting the insurance paid out.

BTW he already lost the paypal claim.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back