I may have a serious problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkay Firestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Tell me if I'm nuts: Just recieved a copy of Zelda TP GCN that I ordered from DDD and I noticed that there's a 3 inch long box cutter gash through the box art itself very close to the top edge of the case. Its so close to the edge that it looks as though a thin flap of plastic and paper could easily separate and flutter about.

I'm (really really particular) about my games.

I'm thinking of going to CC, telling them it was a gift, saying it doesnt work, and then telling them that before I swap GCNs, I'd like to swap games, just to get a new case without a box cutter slice.

Please, tell me if any of you would do the same, because I feel sickly OCD and anal retentive. Thanks.

Crazy idea here, I know, so tell me if I am waaaay outta line... but, maybe, I dunno... contact DDD? Radical thoughts from a radical mind, what can I say...

[quote name='Diiz']Crazy idea here, I know, so tell me if I am waaaay outta line... but, maybe, I dunno... contact DDD? Radical thoughts from a radical mind, what can I say...[/QUOTE]
You're fucking nuts.

I came here to make a post about my serious problems (cancer, bankruptcy, ingrown toenail), but they just don't compare to this.

I can't believe you think this is a "serious" problem. :rofl:

I buy games to play then, not to stare at the case. I would just realize you got it for $20 below MSRP and play the damn thing.

Don't open it, buy a copy at CC for regular price. Next day, return the gashed up copy to them with the receipt. Problem solved.

Serious problem is of course a relative term. Like if I sit in my car in the morning and it doesn't start...well then that's a serious problem. If I get stuck in traffic to work and end up hours late, well, that's a serious problem. And of course, cancer, death, war, etc...all serious problems.

I don't care to remind people of the misery of my own life when they are complaining about relatively minor issues, because as I said, its all relative. Just because the magnitude of something completely pales in comparison to something else doesn't make it proportionately less potent for the affected.

By the way, the title and the general tone was joking. I'm not being serious.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Tell me if I'm nuts: Just recieved a copy of Zelda TP GCN that I ordered from DDD and I noticed that there's a 3 inch long box cutter gash through the box art itself very close to the top edge of the case. Its so close to the edge that it looks as though a thin flap of plastic and paper could easily separate and flutter about.

I'm (really really particular) about my games.

I'm thinking of going to CC, telling them it was a gift, saying it doesnt work, and then telling them that before I swap GCNs, I'd like to swap games, just to get a new case without a box cutter slice.

Please, tell me if any of you would do the same, because I feel sickly OCD and anal retentive. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Wow. So, a simple cut in the box makes you sick, but fraud...yeah, you're okay with that?

Mind-boggling.

I'd say e-mail DDD. Chances are, from my experience, that they won't reply. I'd then e-mail Nintendo to see if you could buy a replacement case.

Do you skip to the sweet shop with your sweetheart Sandy?
[quote name='jmcc']Like, bubblegum and taffy?[/quote]

You should give him your
sigbadge9sp.jpg
[quote name='6669']Are you serious?[/quote]

I'm sorry for your loss.

I can identify. I bought a used game once from gamestop and it didn't come with instructions and well...ever since I've had this problem with murdering hookers and putting them in my freezer.

[quote name='naes']You should give him your
sigbadge9sp.jpg
.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
You're right. I'm just not the drama queen I used to be. I've been dethroned. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I want candy.[/quote]

I can help you out.

*dusts off some chocolate bunnies for subbie*

When you're done with those, please go to 612 Wharf Avenue and await further instructions. Thank you.

How the fuck is this a serious problem? The game works, right? And even if it didn't, how is this a serious problem? A serious problem would be a family member dying, sleeping in for a final in a class that's worth 50% of your grade, etc. People overreact about everything these days.

[quote name='encendido5']Don't open it, buy a copy at CC for regular price. Next day, return the gashed up copy to them with the receipt. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Or not. Circuit City is one of those stores that not only scans the receipt and matches items by name, but also by the individual identifying number. In other words, the only copy he can return to CC is the copy he bought from CC...unless you get an either unknowledgable or super nice sales rep.

[quote name='Broccoli Storm']Or not. Circuit City is one of those stores that not only scans the receipt and matches items by name, but also by the individual identifying number. In other words, the only copy he can return to CC is the copy he bought from CC...unless you get an either unknowledgable or super nice sales rep.[/quote]

Software doesn't have an "individual identifying number", does it? If so, where? I know consoles and other equipment have serial numbers, but since when does software have "individual identifying numbers"?

[quote name='Scorch']Software doesn't have an "individual identifying number", does it? If so, where? I know consoles and other equipment have serial numbers, but since when does software have "individual identifying numbers"?[/QUOTE]
He doesn't know what he's talking about.

[quote name='Diiz']Crazy idea here, I know, so tell me if I am waaaay outta line... but, maybe, I dunno... contact DDD? Radical thoughts from a radical mind, what can I say...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Ugamer_X']You're fucking nuts.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Wow. So, a simple cut in the box makes you sick, but fraud...yeah, you're okay with that?

Mind-boggling.[/QUOTE]

/thread

[quote name='Apossum']I'm sorry for your loss.

I can identify. I bought a used game once from gamestop and it didn't come with instructions and well...ever since I've had this problem with murdering hookers and putting them in my freezer.[/quote]

Wow, I don't even bother putting them in my freezer. Probably because I eat them right away.

Well, Christ.. I knew things were speeding up here in the end times (2012, here we come), but no matter how aware you are of potential disasters, you just can't help being struck with paralyzing horror and fear when you see serious problems come up like the OP's.

I'm gonna go have some scotch and a cigarette and try to put this bad news out of my mind.

Honestly, I'll be with the other CAG's here. I know there are collectors out there, but I really think people need to relax. If the game plays, that's fine (I swore you opened the case and saw that it was gone or something). I just can't get that worked up over a small cut in a box.

So, I think it is a bit of OCD of you. If you have an issue with it, go back to the original dealer (DDD), however, I wouldn't expect too much satisfaction here. In the future, if this is that big of a deal, you may want to buy your games from a B&M store, so you can view the merchandise before buying (it'll cost more, but it'll be worth it to you in the long haul).

Obviously, your OCD doesn't apply to commiting fraud and lying about the origin of the game you're trying to return at a store that you didn't buy it from.

What's wrong, Walmart doesn't have any copies of TP handy? :roll:

Go call DDD and get them to fix it, they're the ones you bought it from.

Oh, and this isn't a serious problem.

I get bothered over things like this, only because it brings the resale value way down, and I sell many of my games so they must be in good condition.

Did you ever bother to read DDD's return policy?.......

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you find that you need to return an item, please review the complete details of our return policy below to determine if any special return conditions apply.

Items may be returned within 30 days of the ship date for a refund. If you would like to replace the item you have returned, please place a new order. While most items are returnable, they are subject to the following guidelines:

Defective, Damaged or Misshipped Items

You will receive a refund for the item(s) and shipping and handling costs for defective, damaged or misshipped items. For all other items, shipping and handling costs cannot be refunded. (Note: Return shipping cost refunds are calculated using the lowest cost shipping method. Items returned via expedited shipping methods will only be refunded an amount equal to the lowest cost shipping method).

This is where you should start before embarrassing yourself trying to return it to another store.

If you're cool with the Game Rush staff and if you have one around just ask them to switch it with their rental copy or something. They have hundreds of those cases laying/lying (i forgot which one) around and will possibly just give it to you for free. No need to be crafty, just be honest with them. My GR people are really cool.

Or tell them that you have a serious problem and see if they fall for it. :)

Don't listen to these clowns that probably have half their collection as disc-only anyway. Exchange that shit ASAP.

I think I'm more OCD than you, OP. I returned a game to Amazon with a 1cm box cutter cut on it. Just contact DDD before considering the rebuying and returning process or silly things like return fraud. I've had good return experiences with DDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back