I may never understand Pokemon

Scobie

CAGiversary!
As a long time Nintendo fan, I sometimes think about picking up a Pokemon game. After all, there must be something to it for the series to have sold so much and captured so many imaginations.

But then, I usually end up realizing that I have absolutely no idea what in the fuck Pokemon is about and go back to stuff I can relate to. This video represents one of those times.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfvuvum7H0Y[/MEDIA]

I too have been a fan of Nintendo for a long time and still haven't tried Pokemon. I am looking forward to getting into it with the release of Diamond and Pearl. Though I have to admit, there is something appealing about the RPG aspects such as training a Pokemon and having it duke it out with another person's Pokemon.

I really, really hope you know those are fake videos.

Really, what's not to get about Pokemon? It's an RPG with a collecting aspect to them? You can collect cards, comics, games, DVDs, and a whole lot of other shit. Pokemon has the same appeal only it's more of a time sink and less of a cash sink then the others.

The story is, you're a kid, you need to use Pokemon to get badges to become the king of Pokemon, you have adventures along the way.

I used to buy Pokemon games for my little brother (who's 14 years younger than me) and I never took the time to find out WTF they were about. I like Nintendo games even though people always critized them for being "too kiddy", but I guess that Pikachu weird thingy is just a little too much for me and never took the time to try them out.

OMG, that video is hillarious :rofl:

I love the Pokemon games. I never had any interest in the cards, show, movies, etc... but the games rock. At least the Gameboy ones rock... never had any interest in Stadium or such. I love a good turn based RPG, and I love in game collecting... so Pokemon can't be beat for me. Lot of depth and strategy involved, as well.

Just because it's been one of those trendy kiddy franchises in the past doesn't mean the games suck... check them out ;)

It's a turned based RPG, you have a six character party, only one character fights at a time, you can switch them in and out at will, there's hundreds of party configurations.

The game becomes a whole other world if you have decent people to play against: pretty much anyone with a DS or GBA, there's a good chance they have at least one of them.

The single player game does not have much story [though Ruby/Sapphire, and even the Red/Green remakes, try to fix this slightly: Diamond/Pearl will definitely have more story than any other Pokemon game]

It's a solid battle engine, challenging, and offers pretty unilimited play. There's really no excuse for not having and loving at least one of these games. I suggest you wait until Diamond/Pearl, the boosted graphics, better story, and improved gameplay should make it so that you enjoy it more [plus two of the starter pokemon are a penguin and a monkey, most people should love one of the two]

I can't believe there's some people that have never played one of the "true" Pokemon games. (Red, Gold, Ruby, etc.)

Seriously, just give them a try. Pick up the remade FireRed or LeafGreen if you want the best in the series. (IMO)

I don't watch the cartoon or collect the cards or anything, and I haven't kept up with the newer games in the series, but they really are good.

I've never played any of the Pokemon games, not for even a second, but I can see the attraction. If I didn't have so many other things to play I might have tried one. I've heard they're excellent games, and even though I have zero interest in the show or cards or other Pokecrap I don't consider the GAMES any more kiddy than some of the other Nintendo licenses. I mean, really, think about it! I may in fact pick up Diamond/Pearl, we'll see!

I think theres one thing that Pokemon does right: The music.

After some gyms battles, the music is etched in your brain.:lol:

Seriously.

bread's done
Back