I might buy a PS3 today...a couple of questions.

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I'm thinking of treating myself and buying a PS3 today! But, I have a few questions...

1.) Anyone buy one at Costco? Do you still get a 2 year warranty like other products? What game did it come with?

2.) At home my TV has an HDMI, so thats not a problem, but at school I use a VGA...do they make that output for PS3?

3.) After Ninja Gaiden, what is the next big game coming?

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm thinking of treating myself and buying a PS3 today! But, I have a few questions...

1.) Anyone buy one at Costco? Do you still get a 2 year warranty like other products? What game did it come with?

2.) At home my TV has an HDMI, so thats not a problem, but at school I use a VGA...do they make that output for PS3?

3.) After Ninja Gaiden, what is the next big game coming?[/QUOTE]
No VGA output

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm thinking of treating myself and buying a PS3 today! But, I have a few questions...

3.) After Ninja Gaiden, what is the next big game coming?[/quote]

i live in san diego and my costco has ps3 with and extra controller and motostorm bundled for 699.99.

3.) After Ninja Gaiden, what is the next big game coming?[/QUOTE]

1. I didn't.

2. don't know.

3. Lair in July/August, Heavenly Sword in August/September

[quote name='seanr1221']Also, I never owned a PS2...bully and GoW2 here I come!![/QUOTE]

oh my...you've got some catching up to do :)

3.) After Ninja Gaiden, what is the next big game coming?[/quote]

1. Costco sells it with an extra controller, and I think the game is Genji and Untold Legends or just one of the two. They have a 2 year warranty on top of the manufactor warranty.

2. You can probably try to use the HDMI/DVI adaptor things

3. Lair is suppose to come out in August, them September-November there will be a lot of games coming out.

don't forget about these other good Ps2 games you missed out on - Resident Evil 4, Okami, Shadow of The Colossus, God of War 1 and 2, Final Fantasy XII, Devil May Cry 1, 3, Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence

1. Costco also has a lifetime return policy on everything but televisions, iPod and computers. I'd imagine that PS3s (and other consoles) are included in the lifetime satisfaction guarantee. On a related note, I was even able to return an opened video game to Costco! They didn't even give me a hard time about it. (I had bought R6: Vegas 2 days before I decided to sell my 360 so I didn't want to get stuck with it.)

yeah game consoles have unlimited warranty, not a two year thing

there is no two year thing, just a doubling of manufacturer's warranty for those specified items

Try updating the console by downloading the update online and installing via card reader (assuming you got a 60g). This helps a lot of people with their connections.

I have the latest system update :whistle2:/

Also, another problem. I have it hooked up through HDMI, and have an optical cable running directly out through my system, however, my speaker receiver is not showing a dolby digital connection...unless that happens when I play a game.

its your router i got a different one and it worked. I was previously using a linksys 11b router. whats the speed the older ones have communication problems. Or if it isn't older you have to mess with the settings on the router from your pc.

Any insight on what to mess with? So far my first experience with a sony product since the PS1 days has been a disaster...hdmi is displaying the text uber tiny in 1080i...the dolby digital isn't working right, and I cant connect through the wireless..seriously WTF

[quote name='seanr1221']Any insight on what to mess with? So far my first experience with a sony product since the PS1 days has been a disaster...hdmi is displaying the text uber tiny in 1080i...the dolby digital isn't working right, and I cant connect through the wireless..seriously WTF[/quote]

you need to tell me about your router first

Taken from the dolby website - try these steps perhaps?
What type of router is it (What wireless standard?)
As for the tiny text via HDMI... what kind of TV is it?

PLAYSTATION 3

Many PLAYSTATION®3 games support Dolby Digital 5.1 interactive encoding. For connection with a digital optical cable, click on the diagram and follow these instructions to experience the excitement of surround sound.

1. Connect your PLAYSTATION 3 to a sound system with Dolby Digital technology using a digital optical cable.

2. Set the sound system for the optical input.

3. From the system menu of the PLAYSTATION 3, select the Settings menu, then choose Sound Settings, Audio Output Settings, and select Optical Digital.

4. Select Dolby Digital 5.1 ch.

5. Press the right arrow button. Dolby Digital 5.1 ch. should be listed under Output Format.

6. Press the O button to save settings. Check the Options menu of each game and set it to output Dolby Digital.

I just got my HDMI to DVI cable today from Monoprice for $10 shipped and it works, but only if your LCD monitor supports HDCP. The cable only supports video, so in order to get sound you would have to use the composite cables and plug the red and white one into the split like you would for Xbox 360.

Ok a little update. My wireless router is a neatgear mr418v2. The wired connection hasn't dropped me once.

****EDIT****

Err...so remember I said the wired hasn't dropped me yet? Well, I looked under connection settings, and here I was running on the wireless. WTF? So I unplug the wire, and it has been ok for like....20 minutes now...so...it fixed itself?

Also, what on the console shows the HDD saving? The little yellow light?

********EDIT2!!*******

Now it keeps disconnecting me...this is very frustrating.

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok a little update. My wireless router is a neatgear mr418v2. The wired connection hasn't dropped me once.

****EDIT****

Err...so remember I said the wired hasn't dropped me yet? Well, I looked under connection settings, and here I was running on the wireless. WTF? So I unplug the wire, and it has been ok for like....20 minutes now...so...it fixed itself?

Also, what on the console shows the HDD saving? The little yellow light?

********EDIT2!!*******

Now it keeps disconnecting me...this is very frustrating.[/quote]

Is there another number i did a google search VERY few results and went to the site and typed theat number, got nothing. (talking about wireless router) About how old is it? If its old,2-3 years, the only way to get rid of that problem is to actually get another router.

It's about 2 years old...but theres no way I'm going to get a new router, not when the Wii, 360, DS, iBook and iMac all work great on it ;)

Also, it kept disconnecting me this time when Virtua Fighter was installing on my HDD, so maybe thats why? I'm reconnecting now, so lets see what happens.

p.s., I'll send you a friend request.

[quote name='seanr1221']It's about 2 years old...but theres no way I'm going to get a new router, not when the Wii, 360, DS, iBook and iMac all work great on it ;)

Also, it kept disconnecting me this time when Virtua Fighter was installing on my HDD, so maybe thats why? I'm reconnecting now, so lets see what happens.

p.s., I'll send you a friend request.[/QUOTE]

the ninja gaiden demo is worth the new router :)

[quote name='Apossum']the ninja gaiden demo is worth the new router :)[/QUOTE]

Played it and loved it. Now the wireless is running smooth...download the video for Ratchet and Clank (looks amazing). Maybe it was disconnecting because VF5 was installing?

But anyway, I sent you a FR too Apossum.

Oh, and here is my current setup! (excuse the wires, I just moved things back home from college)

n152500659301582966569iv3.jpg

[quote name='WebScud']Have you tried updating your router's firmware?[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. Im at school now (the PS3 is working fine on my cheap-o wireless router here) but I will try that when I get home. Thanks.

bread's done
Back