I need a crash course in dancing

QiG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Got a wedding coming up in about two weeks. Slow dancing is not a problem, I can keep a rhythm and not stomp on the girls feet, but I'm clueless on how to dance to modern (pop) music without feeling like a lanky uncoordinated A-hole. Any advice?

Bachelor party is Friday and I'm sure we'll hit a club or two and I can observe, but any other methods/videos/suggestions would be welcome :D

1408182beztytuu.jpg

Just move your fat body freely!

Thanks guys, I'll also look up Thriller, Electric Slide, Macarena and the funky chicken and be all set. [/sarcasm] :D

ok real advice.

the last few weddings ive gone to ive just had a healthy amount of drinks and hit the dance floor and just wing it. nobody will notice, nobody cares.

If you need a crash course in dancing I don't know why you're posting on a forum. Go look for a dance teacher and do something about it.

Peanuts dance is great, so much variety. From mummy like stance, to head bobbing.

I can pull of the snoopy dance (stomping of feet) quite gracefully, if i don't say so myself.

You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about. Do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about. (Repeat with remaining limbs, ass, and then whole body).

/crash course

[quote name='jbroush99']You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about. Do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about. (Repeat with remaining limbs, ass, and then whole body).

/crash course[/QUOTE]

It's always a party when you add your testicles to the dance.

Also, these simple dances never fail to impress the ladies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wePMYM4av6Q

vinny.gif

If you get pit-stains you're doin it right

14jt9fl.jpg

155783_o.gif

111jtd5.gif

2lay0m0.gif

Alcohol may be needed to properly operate some of these dance moves. But with these moves you should be set.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ok real advice.

the last few weddings ive gone to ive just had a healthy amount of drinks and hit the dance floor and just wing it. nobody will notice, nobody cares.[/QUOTE]

this.

Well, if you feel like a lanky uncoordinated A-hole, you'll probably appear that way to others as well. Either decide to not do it or to just make a jackass of yourself and don't give a fuck about it. If you are THAT self-conscious, you really should probably just refrain, because I don't think you're getting over that in a couple of weeks... Or yeah, as stated, just get so drunk you don't care anymore, if that's your thing.

OP

First thing I can say is dance to the beat. Practice shifting weight on every beat of the 4 count (left right left right). That's got to be #1. Don't try anything fancy here - stepping on other beats comes much later in the game.

Get a mirror to practice in front of. Stand up straight and don't lose your frame. Don't let your arms dangle unless you're trying out for riverdance.

Then watch a few movies on youtube. With only two weeks I'd choose merengue vids since it's a two beat dance, easy, free form, and easily translated to pop. If you can properly lead a girl into a turn you're probably ahead of most other guys right there. Also - keep on the beat, as lead it's your job to keep the lady on the beat.

These seem like a pretty good start, as long as you understand that the guy is leading and the girl following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7XptFslUEA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq65eRW1RkA&feature=channel

'the knock' by the Honda guy.

'handle bars' by Hugh Grant in Music & Lyrics.

always start slow, reserved, and awkward. then bust out your Justin Timberland/Beyonce/MJ moves to win the crowd. a few shots to loosen up helps, but not too much to mess with your coordination.

[quote name='ramstoria']ok real advice.

The last few weddings ive gone to ive just had a healthy amount of drinks and hit the dance floor and just wing it. nobody will notice, nobody cares.[/quote]

+1

The key is to watch the bride and groom, with snobs trying to make it a magical evening, everybody will think the idiot that had no business out there dancing was a low point. If they're a crazy and carefree couple, they'll set the tone that everybody should just rock out with their cocks out (that's just an expression, don't actually take your cock out).

bread's done
Back