I need a Headset compatible with the Xbox One (Just game audio, a headset that takes Optical input)

iceytoa1

CAGiversary!
Hi Guys,

I've been looking around for a headset that supports an Optical input so I can use it with my Xbox One.

Any one have any experience advice on them and which ones they use/like?

It's annoying on Turtlebeach and Trittons site there isn't a "Optical Input" type option to narrow it down straight away.

Just to explain why I'm posting here instead of researching: I ahve 2 TV's next to eachother, one for my Xbox and one for my PC.
Now, to get game audio working on my X12's I have had to swap the TV's.

The one for my Xbox is horrid to use and look at the computer on (Bright, low contrast, soft) and the one for my PC is horrible for the Xbox (Dark, contrasty, overly sharp).

I don't want to change the settings temporarily becasue, well, they're perfect for their job.

Thanks for any help you can give :D

If you have the X12s already, you can get the Turtle Beach DSS2 surround sound processor (link). This accepts and includes an Optical Toslink cable and converts the audio to Dolby.

Right now however, the Xbox One doesn't support 5.1/7.1 via the optical port, but it will via a Firmware update down the road. It will only be virtual surround sound at the moment with the DSS2 and just about all of the other surround processors.

Obviously with chat audio, there will be an adapter coming for "legacy" headsets, but it doesn't sound like that's important to you.

Other than that, the majority of 5.1/7.1 surround sound headsets get their audio via a an optical cable.

bread's done
Back