I need a inkjet printer now!

odysseymedia

CAG Veteran
When I'm not playing games, ( I'm playing the punisher for ps2 very underrated) I'm a screenwriter. My printer just blew out on me. I'm asking any fellow CAG'S where in can I get a solid inkjet printer at, of course, a cheap ass price?

[quote name='odysseymedia']When I'm not playing games, ( I'm playing the punisher for ps2 very underrated) I'm a screenwriter. My printer just blew out on me. I'm asking any fellow CAG'S where in can I get a solid inkjet printer at, of course, a cheap ass price?[/QUOTE]

Why not go with laser jet, especially if you do alot of writing. It doesn't make a good impression when someone has to use a highlighter and the ink starts smearing. There are plenty of laser printer deals out there.

IF you really have to have inkjet (for color I guess). Then I would go with an epson that uses Durabrite ink which wont smear. Be aware that you can't let this printer sit alone without ink cartridges installed because the ink residues will dry and clog the printhead. Just never take out the ink cartridges until you are ready to switch and you should be fine:

EPSON C86 $49.95 at Radioshack use the store locator to find one near you. Still plenty around my area:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104534&cp=&kw=epson+c86&parentPage=search

I sell printers all day long at Staples. I know printers.

Color lasers are far too pricy, even black and white lasers (which can be had for as low as ~$80) take 1,000s of prints before the difference in ink/toner cost makes up for the difference in machine cost.

HP recently invested 1.3 billion in what's definitely the way of the future -- thermal injet, laser quality, laser speeds, instantly with liquid ink at nearly half the price per page. 65 ml cartridges at around $25. The printer itself is about $150, it's the K550. It gets over 30 pages per minute, and it drys instantly, so there's no smearing. The K550 is the first and only model with their new tech so far, so it's not a perfect machine yet... there's problems with the design. Basicaly, it's physically a standard injet, so it has a lot of trouble feeding paper as fast as it prints (a page every two seconds is insane when you think about it).

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...01&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=139998

If you wanted to stick with a standard, cheaper injet, I'd go with Epson or Canon. Check your local B&M office stores (Max, Depot, Staples) and see what's on clearance. Printer tech is advancing really slowly, so the clearance models (few months old) are nearly as good as the new models and a hell of a lot cheaper.

[quote name='Koggit']I sell printers all day long at Staples. I know printers.

Color lasers are far too pricy, even black and white lasers (which can be had for as low as ~$80) take 1,000s of prints before the difference in ink/toner cost makes up for the difference in machine cost.

HP recently invested 1.3 billion in what's definitely the way of the future -- thermal injet, laser quality, laser speeds, instantly with liquid ink at nearly half the price per page. 65 ml cartridges at around $25. The printer itself is about $150, it's the K550. It gets over 30 pages per minute, and it drys instantly, so there's no smearing. The K550 is the first and only model with their new tech so far, so it's not a perfect machine yet... there's problems with the design. Basicaly, it's physically a standard injet, so it has a lot of trouble feeding paper as fast as it prints (a page every two seconds is insane when you think about it).

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...01&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=139998

If you wanted to stick with a standard, cheaper injet, I'd go with Epson or Canon. Check your local B&M office stores (Max, Depot, Staples) and see what's on clearance. Printer tech is advancing really slowly, so the clearance models (few months old) are nearly as good as the new models and a hell of a lot cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yet you keep calling them INJETs! LOL

If you want a HP inkjet printer with HP Instant Ink, you can get one free extra month free when you sign-up.

During the free trial you can print up to 300 pages per month regardless of the plan you pick (50, 100 or 300 pages per month).

If the printer has for example 2 months free, you will get a 3rd one signing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a FYI. Inkjet printers are like razors. The companies don't make any money off the printers themselves, so you won't see a lot of sales.

I wonder if odysseymedia's 2006 model inkjet (injet) printer is still working or if he needs a new one now! Sadly, we won't likely find out since his last active day on CAG was Dec 14 2006. :(

The best advice I can give you is to never buy a HP printer, especially an inkjet HP printer.  They are a scam, the ink runs out fast and you have to keep buying more ink.  Do not buy from HP whatever you do.

Since we've revived this dead thread, I might as well ask.  

Does anyone know of a good all-in-one printer/copier/scanner where I can raise the cover of the scanning flatbed in order to scan school workbooks?

bread's done
Back