I need a single monitor/TV for PC/PS3/XBox

Broseph

CAGiversary!
I need a single monitor/TV for use with my PC/PS3/XBox

I may be moving. I won't be able to make any significant purchases for about two years once I move...and I could definitely use a deal now.

In short, I want a monitor/TV that will support all my devices. I'm probably going to end up in a small living space, I don't need anything large. I'm thinking 24'' at least but a 40'' at most.

I'm trying to research this but it's proving quite difficult. Any advice? I'm hoping to spend $800 or less. Thanks in advance!

How far will you be sitting from said monitor? That'll determine what size works best for your needs?

What's the video output connections that your PC supports, for both video and audio?

I'm assuming you'd connect the PS3 and 360 via HDMI, though would you be using the TV speakers or a surround sound system / external speakers?

In my honest Opinion, I would go with a 32 inch but the resolution is the important factor. I would go with 1080 with out a doubt. Mainly for the PC factor. dealing with a 720 Resolution up and down for a PC is like looking at a Netbook real close up. thees no room. As far as deals I would go to Newegg.com. frys.com but to tell you the truth you best deals are going to be online. Most places will offer a free shipping for spending over a certain amount as well.

Good luck

Thanks for the speedy replies guys.

I don't know enough about the space I'm moving to - but I envision a scenario where I sit at a computer desk and simply "roll farther away" when I fire up the consoles.

The PC is a distant third here, I'll be using it for email and browsing the web. It's a two, maybe three year old PC and it has only the basic connections and outs. The video card is a semi-budget GeForce card. I don't have access to it now, or I could try and tell you more. Besides having several years vested in City of Heroes- which runs wonderfully already, I have no special PC or gaming needs.

Sadly, audio-wise I'll be using super low end PC speakers or whatever sound the monitor will offer. I imagine the living situation will often require headphones. So I guess this is something I'll have to consider as well.

Yeah, HDMI is my goal here for connecting the consoles to the monitor. I'm not in a position to say 1080 is a must, but that's definitely something I need, even if I have to go down a few inches in size.

I apologize for being kind of vague - I'm pretty terrible at this sort of thing.

bread's done
Back