I need advice...

Xavin

CAGiversary!
So here's what happened. I bought my 360 from a guy on Craigslist. It did not come with a hard drive. I got it for a great deal so no complaints. So, I buy a 20gb hard drive from another guy. It doesn't work. I take it to Fred Meyer's, tell them it was a birthday present. They didn't have any more, so they give me a $90 gift card so that then, when they get some in, I can get one. Now, every time I call, they say that they don't carry 20gb hard drives. WTF am I supposed to do now?

[quote name='Xavin']So here's what happened. I bought my 360 from a guy on Craigslist. It did not come with a hard drive. I got it for a great deal so no complaints. So, I buy a 20gb hard drive from another guy. It doesn't work. I take it to Fred Meyer's, tell them it was a birthday present. They didn't have any more, so they give me a $90 gift card so that then, when they get some in, I can get one. Now, every time I call, they say that they don't carry 20gb hard drives. WTF am I supposed to do now?[/quote]

Did you take the hard drive you bought from some random guy back to the store? If so that is return fraud, and I doubt anyone here will help you that is my 2 cents.

The guy said he was sorry and told me that's where he got it from, but didn't have a reciept.

[quote name='Xavin']The guy said he was sorry and told me that's where he got it from, but didn't have a reciept.[/QUOTE]

That's when you tell him you want your money back.

[quote name='Xavin']The guy said he was sorry and told me that's where he got it from, but didn't have a reciept.[/quote]

Oh dear sweet lord... I've heard it all now.

[quote name='Xavin']The guy said he was sorry and told me that's where he got it from, but didn't have a reciept.[/quote]

I hate to say it but youre fucked then. Take it as a life lesson....or get your money back somehow.

[quote name='jman619']Oh dear sweet lord... I've heard it all now.[/quote]

Xavin could be very young and he didn't know any better. I'm willing to give him a benefit of the doubt.

You could add some money and get the 120gb HDD? If you have the money that is.

And ignore the people who say you did something wrong. CAG seems to be full of people who act like they are saints.

[quote name='whoknows']You could add some money and get the 120gb HDD? If you have the money that is.

And ignore the people who say you did something wrong. CAG seems to be full of people who act like they are saints.[/quote]

:rofl: I admit I'm no saint. I was just saying I haven't done what the op did.

i don't think they sell the 20 gb hds anymore. see how much they sell the 60 and 120 for. then use the store credit toward it. otherwise, sell off the credit and use the cash to buy what you need.

i've got a 20 gig hard drive i'll trade for that gift card. When you open the package, if it looks like an old brick i'm sorry, i got it from walmart so you can probably just take it back to them to get a refund. Let me know if you're interested

[quote name='Cracka']i've got a 20 gig hard drive i'll trade for that gift card. When you open the package, if it looks like an old brick i'm sorry, i got it from walmart so you can probably just take it back to them to get a refund. Let me know if you're interested[/quote]

interested, pm sent

You know, you could have just spent that first $90 that you paid for the 20gb and bought the 60gb starter pack from buy.com That would have been 40 more gigs and a 3 month live card.

First of all... yes I am young... I didn't think it was such a big deal.
Second of all... 60gb are only $100? If so, I might be able to get $10 more from my dad and just pick it up.

O ok thanks for that then lol... But it's a Fred Meyer's gift card... can you trade them in for cash?

You've already committed the fraud. how you apply the store credit hardly matters. Find out what they charge for the 60 or 120 GB drives and save up towards the required amount above the gift card. Don't forget the tax.

As far as I see it, the kid got lucky. If they don't sell 20g hds anymore and he got 90 bucks for his, then I don't see why he's complaining. Take the advice and get a little extra cash for the 60g hd. :D

P.S. And as for the OP, I would have done the same, I don't see much wrong with it.

bread's done
Back