I need help. Sony won't cough up the $100 credit

Samduhman

CAGiversary!
I know this isn't a game deal but considering my problem is the result of a game deal thread I hope it's ok to ask for help here. If not get out the bamboo.

Near the end of September I ran across a deal thread (Im assuming here but I could be wrong) that said if you sign up for the sony card and spend $299 or more you will get a $100 credit. The deal did not stipulate the purchase had to be made at Sony Style or store. I read through the thread where others where confirming the same thing. You could meet the agreement anywhere. At the time Amazon had the best price on a ps3 60gig So I ordered. Three months later Im on the phone asking yet again where is my $100 credit. Im told that the deal I signed up for at the time had to be purchased at Sonystyle or their store. I say BS. Im a pretty frugal deal shopper and the chance of my missing that would be very slim and considering other deal shopper like ourselves were confirming it Im not buying it.

My issue is I can't find the proof of that offer or thread now. Is there anyone here great at web searching who may be able to find that orginal deal thread? I've looked for hours without any luck. I ordered the PS3 on September 26th and I believe it may have been getting ready to end so I jumped on it.

I was looking at doing that deal and I originally didn't do it because I'm almost 100% sure you had to buy the $300 worth of stuff off of the SonyStyle website, which I didn't want to do. I am almost certain it had to be spent on their website or in the Sony Store...at least the one I was looking at was.

I remember that thread and atleast two others like it which stipulated that the purchase had to be made at SonyStyle either online or at B&M. It also had to be made using the SonyStyle credit card.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I was looking at doing that deal and I originally didn't do it because I'm almost 100% sure you had to buy the $300 worth of stuff off of the SonyStyle website, which I didn't want to do. I am almost certain it had to be spent on their website or in the Sony Store...at least the one I was looking at was.[/quote]

Yeah, I had a feeling they would shaft me on this, so I didn't bother.

But if you bought the PS3 via the SonyStyle store, theoretically... you would get the credit as a check mailed out to you - assuming you waited whatever amount of time is necessary before they mail you the credit.

Most credit cards will eventually mail you a check if you leave a credit on there long enough.

But again... that's way too much trouble and involves too many hypotheticals. I'll wait for a better deal (and probably toss the Sony card I got in contemplation of using this deal.. :roll:)

I did this during the old deal... but I ended up buying my PS3 through Sony Style online, so I can't really vouch for the $100 credit any other way. I got mine, though... and 5000 rewards points + the 5 points per dollar for the PS3.

EDIT: There was actually no check involved, it was a straight $100 credit to the card.

[quote name='Samduhman']I know this isn't a game deal but considering my problem is the result of a game deal thread I hope it's ok to ask for help here. If not get out the bamboo.

Near the end of September I ran across a deal thread (Im assuming here but I could be wrong) that said if you sign up for the sony card and spend $299 or more you will get a $100 credit. The deal did not stipulate the purchase had to be made at Sony Style or store. I read through the thread where others where confirming the same thing. You could meet the agreement anywhere. At the time Amazon had the best price on a ps3 60gig So I ordered. Three months later Im on the phone asking yet again where is my $100 credit. Im told that the deal I signed up for at the time had to be purchased at Sonystyle or their store. I say BS. Im a pretty frugal deal shopper and the chance of my missing that would be very slim and considering other deal shopper like ourselves were confirming it Im not buying it.

My issue is I can't find the proof of that offer or thread now. Is there anyone here great at web searching who may be able to find that orginal deal thread? I've looked for hours without any luck. I ordered the PS3 on September 26th and I believe it may have been getting ready to end so I jumped on it.[/quote]

I did take advantage of this deal last September. The deal did stipulate that the $299 must be spent on either the Sony Style online store or B&M store. I bought my 60 GB PS3 off of the online store. A week after I got my PS3, a credit of $100 was posted to my Sony credit card account. I remember reading the fine print on the offer page a gazillion times to make sure that I understood what qualifies for the $100 credit. You pretty much had to make the purchase from Sony.

Yeah the stipulation says it must be spent at the website to get the 100 back.

Guess your sol on this.. try calling and talking to a supervisor or complaining.. may help

Not trying to be a dick but this question got asked over and over in those threads. I can't believe people are still not getting you have to spend the money in their own store. If I remember correctly it even siad it right on the signup page "Spend $299 in the Sony Store with your SonyStyle card and receive $100 off your bill"

Goodluck with getting your money back, but like Ice said you might be sol on this one.

I did this LOOOONG time ago when it was just get a $100 credit as long as your first purchase (no matter how much) was at the Sony style store. It has always been that the purchase had to be made at sonystyle.com.

I hear what you guys are saying but if you look at the link below you can pretty much see instantly that you have to make the purchase at Sony Style. Well the link I used when I signed up made no indication of this. It looked pretty much like this link but reading through it never indicated you had to make the purchase at Sony. Seems Sony has had a number of these promotions and all not the same from what I've been gathering researching this issue.

If this needs to be moved to discussion that's fine. If I could just if anyway possible find that thread. Even if I did would the link I used still be accessable? It may have been at Fatwallet, Anandtech, Hardocp or one of the other deal forums I check on occasion.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...ick&langId=-1&catalogId=10551&ddkey=ClickInfo

Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: OH, Kelpie182 obviously found a similar promotion back in May which I hope gives my situation more credence. Still I have no way to prove I'm right unless I can find that one deal thread. :( So what I need is for helpful people who know how to web search not people to tell me Im wrong. ;) That Sony customer service rep herself said Sony had multiple promotions around that time.

It's irritating since I buought a PS3, Blue Ray movies, games, a Sony 60" 1080p tv and now Sony is giving me a hard ass time over $100.

Doesn't really help you now, but I usually print a copy of the offer page to PDF so I can reference it/forward it over in the event something like this happens.

Anyway I did a Sony card offer a year or two ago maybe where I got $100 or $150 - credited to the card IIRC - after my first purchase (of any amount at any store.) I think I used it for something smallish and then used it again to use up the credit and haven't used it again since.

bread's done
Back