I Need Help With Buying Gamecube!

videogamemaster

CAGiversary!
Hey everybody! I am currently looking for a Gamecube for my brother for his birthday, but I am not quite sure what I should offer for a Console, 6 games and two controllers. I found this deal on Craigslist, but it is a lot with a PS3 and Xbox, though he says he will accept best offers on individual lots. The ad looked like this:
I am selling my Playstation 3, original Xbox, and Nintendo Gamecube.
PS3: 5 Games, an extra controller, and component cable
Xbox: 5 Games, 3 Controllers
Gamecube: 6 Games, 2 Controllers

I also have 12 PS2 games that will go as well.

All consoles and games are in excellent condition.

Since he is accepting offers on the Gamecube lot, what should I offer? I am thinking 50 or 60 bucks, but I will need your guy's input to see if it is worth it. Thanks for reading!

[quote name='videogamemaster']Hey everybody! I am currently looking for a Gamecube for my brother for his birthday, but I am not quite sure what I should offer for a Console, 6 games and two controllers. I found this deal on Craigslist, but it is a lot with a PS3 and Xbox, though he says he will accept best offers on individual lots. The ad looked like this:
I am selling my Playstation 3, original Xbox, and Nintendo Gamecube.
PS3: 5 Games, an extra controller, and component cable
Xbox: 5 Games, 3 Controllers
Gamecube: 6 Games, 2 Controllers

I also have 12 PS2 games that will go as well.

All consoles and games are in excellent condition.

Since he is accepting offers on the Gamecube lot, what should I offer? I am thinking 50 or 60 bucks, but I will need your guy's input to see if it is worth it. Thanks for reading![/quote]

Depends on the games, if its Gamecube 2 controllers(hopefully 1st party) and madden 02, fifa 03, mvp 2005, etc. its not worth it.

Gs has thousands of used gc's there bound to be a minty one and you can find a few games there for cheaaps

Although it really depends on the the games included, I think you should start negotiating at around $50.00 and see what he says. Dont pay over $70.00 though... And if you have no luck im sure you get get a GC on CAG for a lot cheaper.

Thanks for the tips! I am going to call the guy at around 4 when he gets off work and ask him what games are included. The ad has been up since April 24th, so he may be willing to give it cheap if nobody else offered anything.

I would really, really recommend you posting which games are included so that some CAGs can let you know it's value.

Some GCN games are worth $50 used, like Pikmin 2. Some are worthless, like virtually any EA Sports game (except NCAA Basketball 2003 for GCN, that is really rare).

Also make sure that the controllers are 1st party (which means made directly by Nintendo if you didn't know). Also, if its a Wavebird (wireless 1st party controller), those alone are worth like $30 a pop.

So depending on what he has, the value changes significantly.

[quote name='Samus']I would really, really recommend you posting which games are included so that some CAGs can let you know it's value.

Some GCN games are worth $50 used, like Pikmin 2. Some are worthless, like virtually any EA Sports game (except NCAA Basketball 2003 for GCN, that is really rare).

Also make sure that the controllers are 1st party (which means made directly by Nintendo if you didn't know). Also, if its a Wavebird (wireless 1st party controller), those alone are worth like $30 a pop.

So depending on what he has, the value changes significantly.[/quote]

NCAA Basketball 2K3 is rare not EA sports NCAA 2003.

I have a gamebcube with 1 controller(nintendo brand), Resident Evil 4, and One Piece: Grand Battle i would sell for $50 shipped if you dont get that one.

Thanks for offering to sell your GC Sinnbox, but I just went and bought that GC, Sorry!

Well, I called the guy, and he said 50 bucks. I thought that was reasonable, so I go and buy it from him. This is what I got:

Console w/hookups
Two Third Party Controllers, good condition
6 Games, all but one aren't sports games. They are also all complete and in excellent condition

Not the best deal, but I think it was definately worth it, since he only lived 10 minutes away from me.

It came with Spy Hunter, Luigi's Mansion, NFL Blitz 20-02, Crash Nitro Kart, Namco Museum, and True Crime: Streets of LA. I was amazed that only one was a sports game, and the rest of the games look decent.

Not the best deal... I got my second two GC's by using that buy a used GC, get a free GC game and selling off the free games (which in this case were DDR mario, which when sold paid for the systems and made me a few bucks too..

Those games are ok... nothing worth too much out of that bunch... but if it brings you enjoyment, you got a good deal

[quote name='zman73']Not the best deal... I got my second two GC's by using that buy a used GC, get a free GC game and selling off the free games (which in this case were DDR mario, which when sold paid for the systems and made me a few bucks too..

Those games are ok... nothing worth too much out of that bunch... but if it brings you enjoyment, you got a good deal[/quote]

Was that a EB promo? I don't remember hearing of that one.

[quote name='videogamemaster']It came with Spy Hunter, Luigi's Mansion, NFL Blitz 20-02, Crash Nitro Kart, Namco Museum, and True Crime: Streets of LA. I was amazed that only one was a sports game, and the rest of the games look decent.[/quote]

NFL Blitz is one of the better sports games to get anyway.

I would have offered him $30 for it all, personally. You didn't get ripped off but you didn't get a good deal.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Was that a EB promo? I don't remember hearing of that one.[/QUOTE]

It was one of the GS weekly coupons... funny when the free game was priced at more than the used system it played on

[quote name='Samus']NFL Blitz is one of the better sports games to get anyway.

I would have offered him $30 for it all, personally. You didn't get ripped off but you didn't get a good deal.[/quote]
I would have to agree. He wanted 50 but I am pretty sure the guy would have taken 40. I also did that GS coupon deal. I did it 3 times and sold all 3 on CL and made a little + had Twilight princess, Mario Party (can't remember which 1) and DDR Mario left. Funny thing was it took me until the last day to realize what I could do with the coupon. If I had realized it sooner I would have had 7 or 8 free games.

bread's done
Back