I Need Help!!!!!!!!

bullsrfive

CAGiversary!
So tomorrow night I'm having movie night at my place. I have a 60 inch Pioneer Elite plasma TV. Well I just tried out my PS3 on that tv and it doesn't work!! It works perfectly fine on my 32 inch Sony Bravia. The problem is with the HDMI cable, the tv says its an illegal signal, and I threw away the component cables that came with it cuz i thought i would never need it. I tried the ps2 component cables and it doesn't work.

Making matters is worse is that the TV doesn't have speakers, its connected to a receiver thats connected to speaker, and the reciever doesn't have an hdmi slot. So i think even if i get the picture to work, there would be no sound? Please help.

eh nvm. i got the picture to work and for the sound someone told me to go buy an optical cable so i'll try that out tomorrow.

The HDMI carries sound too- so you don't really need it unless you really want it- even then, i recommend ordering from Amazon. You can get one for around 5-10 dollars instead of spending 30-50 in stores. You should be able to do audio out on your TV using the optical or just standard Red and White cables. It doesn't have to be the same source.

Now for a quick fix- have you tried turning on your TV, then holding the power button on your PS3 for 5 seconds? This should boot your PS3 up to a special screen that will try to pick the best audio and video settings.

After that, you will need to go to the Audio Settings, and select/deselect each option until it corrects itself.

A lot of people have problems with losing sound because these options are configured wrong. I had a reverse issue where my system was sending out 2.1 sound to my TV causing my internal speakers to kick on really loud (instead of staying off like i have them set). It caused and ugly echo.

hope that was helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back