I need money,

Give sales a try I did that line of work when I was your age and it was easy to get hired (most people quit after 3 days). You probably will not make a sale your first day, but keep trying because making a sale is one of the greatest feelings. It is harder getting hired in telemarketing because you need a good phone voice, but you will make more sales. Door to Door is most likely were you will end up. Remember that if you hit sixty doors there will probably be only four people that you will be able to sell the product to and from that four will determine how good of a salesman you are. If you go door to door try selling the newspaper or TV service. I had decent luck with both.

Well I got an interview for one of the places I applied. Hopefully I nail it and get the job. Also @DragonClaw door salesman here I don't think would work to well. I don't live in the suburbs of New York.

[quote name='CappyCobra']You fail to miss my point. The fact of the matter is that the OP is asking for ideas on getting a job instead of getting off of the computer, going out and actively looking for a job. You cant me to tell me that there are zero jobs in the fast food, grocery or retail businesses in NYC?

When I was a manager (at Gamestop no less), I would get applicants all of the time that put down $8 even $12 (this was when minimum wage was like 6.25). No experience, No skills, but they believe that they are entitled to make above minimum wage. You know what happened to those applications? I never gave them the light of day.

What's worse is that the ones that weren't greedy, weren't exactly Rhodes Scholars. There were misspellings numerous times on the application but since they were reasonable on the pay rate, guess who would get a call? (yeah it was the 'Rhodes Scholars')

If the interview went well, they can add and subtract, & can talk to people without a stutter or drool escaping thier lips they were hired. Seriously though, if the person had a good attitude & ethics that made all of the difference.[/QUOTE]

I was always taught to put a couple dollars more than what you wanted. If they will give you that amount great! If not, they will offer you a couple bucks less which is what you expected to get anyways. When I applied I never expected to get the amount I was asking for.

bread's done
Back