I Need My Roomate OUT!!!!!!!!!

I take it most of you have never really dealt with landlord tenant laws, or you don't live in a major metro area.

You can't just change the locks on someone, or just kick them out, or use these stupid bully tactics. There are laws set to protect people from being unjustly removed from a dwelling, whether they are on the lease or not. Something does not have to in writing to be a legal contract - someone living at a residence is a legal, oral contract, and you accepting contributions from her is paper evidence that there is a legal, oral contract between you and her as a roommate.

Doing stupid, juvenille shit like changing locks is an easy way to get sued, and reamed for punitive damages. Courts don't take kindly to illegally evicting / locking people out. FFS she's also a female with 2 male roommates she would have a field day with you in court.

The more you describe how you're doing things the more it becomes very obvious you need to stop everything what you're doing, send her (and your landlord) a certified letter stating your intent to move on a certain date (with proper notice), and GTFO.

[quote name='mac101010']I'm guessing this is the actual link: http://$$$$$$$/kmwOa

EDIT: Change $$$$$$$ to b_i_t_._l_y (without underscores)[/QUOTE]

Oh wow...

[quote name='darthbudge']Is that really her? Don't kick her out, just burn it with fire or something.[/QUOTE]

maybe we can rescue han solo from the carbonite chamber before burning jabba with fire

The negative comments re: the pic save me the trouble and potential vomiting of actually going to look at said pic.

What I want to know is how "her" man is going to straighten you out, OP. Is he a big dude? Does he ever hang out at your place?

[quote name='shieryda']The negative comments re: the pic save me the trouble and potential vomiting of actually going to look at said pic.

What I want to know is how "her" man is going to straighten you out, OP. Is he a big dude? Does he ever hang out at your place?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the pic? If she has a "man" he's chained up someplace and his family misses him dearly.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']Have you seen the pic? If she has a "man" he's chained up someplace and his family misses him dearly.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='shieryda']The negative comments re: the pic save me the trouble and potential vomiting of actually going to look at said pic.

What I want to know is how "her" man is going to straighten you out, OP. Is he a big dude? Does he ever hang out at your place?[/QUOTE]

lucky you for not looking........that was a joke pic wasnt it op?

[quote name='lokizz']lucky you for not looking........that was a joke pic wasnt it op?[/QUOTE]

Real or not, that pic will haunt me till my dying day.

Make sure she never vomits in the house OP, it will attract the Horde.

"She" is a man. If in fact she does have a "man" I can understand why he won't let her live with him. I bet she'd threaten to eat him if he tried to break up with her. Or possibly her man is a Rottweiler. As Tom Leykis would say "Dump that Bitch!"

[quote name='JimmieMac']Can you get a pic of her topless, on the toilet, eating a banana? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

What about Tek!?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']i can't see anything[/QUOTE]

and now cuz of that pic I think I won't be seeing anything for a while now...it makes me want to dig my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

OK here's a few points...

1) If you sign the lease, do it AFTER she leaves. That way she can't come back with a law suit and it covers everyone.

2) If she refuses to leave then you and your roommate do have the right to sue her out but if she signed anything with your landlord then have them give her the boot...with the cops present. Don't just toss her stuff out because NY law states that if you do she's entitled to triple damages . Be sure to give her a written notice that your giving her 30 days (given to her by third party) and keep a copy for yourself. after that i believe you must file a writ of possession and then after judgement take the writ to the cops and they can pretty much tell her to get her stuff and get out at that point. Double check with a lawyer to be sure and you can probably file this under "being/creating a nuisance" to be legally safe.

3) Her "man" (the poor poor fool) can't do squat to you or your room mates. If he even touches you then claim battery (yes I am stating that right. battery is unwanted touch and assault is the same but with violence) and if he stops you tell him you can have the cops there to take him away. More than likely the mention of cops will send him packing.

Take pics of all of your stuff (especially the serials) and keep them some place safe away from the apartment just in case. That way if anything is missing you can easily get the pics and sic the cops on her.

[quote name='GenPirate']I wanted to see the picture, but the OP edited the link out :([/QUOTE]

Check post 52 for the solution to this mystery.

here's the op's pic if you really want to see it
004_pics.jpg

[quote name='shadylane']UPDATED. Linky Fixed[/QUOTE]

If the picture that we're all looking at isn't her, and my god I really hope that's not her for your safety and well being, put underscores or something between letters and we'll type it in manually.

bread's done
Back