I need serious help with an eBay purchase

thamaster24

CAGiversary!
I recently purchased a pair of birkenstocks on ebay. The only way the seller had to get them was buy it now and they had 10 pairs. Since I was getting them for a Christmas present I went ahead and got them.

The seller had English on some of their item and the rest was German. Translating the German online I found out I had to instruct the seller on where to send the item, which sounds suspicious already since my info is on paypal and ebay.

I paid and also contacted the seller where to send it. My problem is the payment went through and the seller has never contacted me. It seems simple but in addition to that, under the item it says I have never bought it. eBay has no history of me buying the item, yet I have a transaction on my bank statement from paypal.

Help me! I just want my money back. I usually am very prudent about sales and I've never been cheated out of money or anything on ebay before. I also looked at it but I'm not sure at all how to deal with this as ebay is not letting me file a dispute since I have no history of buying the item.

In your ebay account history, is there any record of you purchasing the item (there should be a section for bought)? Sometimes there are glitches and transactions disappear temporarily ...

Maybe for some reason your bid didnt go through, and you still though you won and paid?

Otherwise, the only think I can think of is that you somehow ended up in a fake phishing website (thouhgh usually its for more high end stuff like plasma tvs not birkenstocks :| )

Anyway if you conclude that you really sent money to a scammer, you should contact paypal security and see if they can reverse the transaction. They might not, but it doesn't hurt to try

Sure here's the listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120324805292

I know it wasn't a phishing website I always make sure and check it before I pay. I'll contact paypal though, for some reason I didn't even think of that. I contacted eBay already I'll go contact paypal now. By some freak chance they could be on there way here, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Looking at their history it seems very uncharacteristic of the seller, I never got a notice of shipment and while they could be on the way, it seems doubtful as I'm not on the buyer's list.

I have contacted ebay and paypal though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods go ahead and lock the thread, sorry for the extra work. This was incredibly shady as I emailed the seller multiple times and never got a response. Only after I filed a dispute did I get notice my item was sent Dec 2nd. 12 days after the purchase date.

bread's done
Back