I need some help... (Preferably from those experienced with Ebay)

brianffrpg

CAGiversary!
Ok, sorry if this is in the wrong board, but I thought this thread should go in here since my problem concerns products related to Playstation.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I finally decided to sell some of my rare strategy guides on Ebay and I was just wondering how would you guys would go about shipping them to buyers?

At first, I was just planning to use bubble envelopes to mail the guides, but I realized that this may reduce the overall quality of the guide during transit. And I don't want that to happen, since I figure that anyone willing to spend a large amount of money on a strategy guide would demand it to be in the best condition possible, right?

So what are your guys thoughts on going about packaging a rare strategy guide so that it doesn't take much damage during transit? Are there any other alternatives besides bubble envelopes or big ol' cardboard boxes filled with bubble wrap, when packaging such items?

Any feedback would be most appreciated.

I'd consider one of two methods:

1) Just charge $5 for shipping and use a Priority Box (one of the phone book size) and pad the extra space with newspaper.
2) Use a bubble mailer and use cardboard on either side to prevent damage to the book.

Those are the two things that pop into my mind.

What guides do you have? Can you post a list?

Thanks,

TBW

I was planning to sell:

1. Thousand Arms - Official Strategy guide

2. Xenogears - Official strategy guide

3. Persona: Revelations - Official Strategy guide

4. Chrono Cross - Official Strategy guide

5. Legend of Mana - Official Strategy guide

Yes, I know that these are all PS1 games, but I didn't see a PS1 board so I decided to post my thread here.

BTW, thanks for replying so fast.

And those are actually pretty good suggestions, I'll probably do that bubble envelope/cardboard combination since it sounds much more tidy than a cardboard box filled with newspapers.

bubble mailer, but get 2 pieces of cardboard and sandwhich the guide in between them and stuff the whole mess into the bubble mailer.

yup, envelope + 2 pieces of cardboard is the best way to ship guides sold for a lot. thats how i just shipped one i sold for $55. just make sure the pieces of cardboard are the same size as the guide, not smaller.

bread's done
Back