I need some PC help!

depascal22

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
I have a HP Pavilion ZV5000 that I've owned for about 2 years now. The other day I got home and noticed that all the icons on my desktop have been removed and the toolbar on the bottom is gone. I can still open files but I have to go the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Then I can go to New File and go to the specific folder and open what I need to open. I also get a warning message every once in a while saying that I have an error with newdev.dll file. Anyone know what the hell I can do? I tried reloading Windows XP but I can't seem to get anything to work on this damn thing.

Here's a start.

You can probably boot to safe mode with network support by repeatedly pressing F8 after the initial post screen (where it tells you your computer speed + memory and maybe your computer brand). I would also run a spyware and virus check. Those would be my first action if I get that sort of error. Or you can do a system restore to perhaps last week when your computer was still good. You can do a system restore back to a certain date by going to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.

Thanks brother. I'm running the scan right now. I don't have any access to my Start menu at the moment since it freezes up when I try to get to some of the items through the Task Manager. It's about 60% through the scan and it's already found damaged shortcut paths and missing registry files.

bread's done
Back