I need to bring my laptop back from the dead (minor fix)?

Slim Gatsby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (97%)
Hi -- so, lesson learned and I now keep my laptop away from LOST night and the snacks involved, because last year a stray can of root beer got knocked onto the keyboard of my laptop.

The keys were sticking, and, while cleaning them, I kind of "popped" something under the L key. Now, the unit itself works fine, the keys work (but still stick!), except for L, that one is dead. For a while, I used a USB keyboard and it was business as usual, but thats a pain in the ass and made it far less portable.

Can anyone recommend a replacement part/tutorial for fixing this? Its a Toshiba Satellite A205. I *think* I just need to replace the white part under the keys, but any other suggestions? Its really just obnoxious at this point. I've since replaced it with a far more powerful unit, but I would like to restore this, because, hey, its a working laptop.

Thanks CAGs!

I'd get a replacement keyboard. Open the computer on the underside of the keyboard there is usually a s/n and p/n. Google the P/N and you will find the exact model you need to order.
I googled: Toshiba Satellite A205 replacement keyboard; but you still should make sure you have the same part number as on the bottom of your existing keyboard.

[quote name='seen']I'd get a replacement keyboard. Open the computer on the underside of the keyboard there is usually a s/n and p/n. Google the P/N and you will find the exact model you need to order.
I googled: Toshiba Satellite A205 replacement keyboard; but you still should make sure you have the same part number as on the bottom of your existing keyboard.[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='papayaone']China wholesale electronics
...[/quote]

:bomb: THEY'RE SPAMMIN' MAH THREAD! :bomb:

Wow, this sounds like the same exact problem my brother had like 4-6 years ago. He spilled some soda on his Toshiba Satellite laptop. I forgot what model, but it's now considered old, but he also used a usb keyboard for a long amount of time. He got a quote from Toshiba on how much it would cost to replace the keyboard and they gave him a ridiculous amount, so he got a replacement keyboard from some site and followed a tutorial...

so... just use Google and hopefully you'll find your way around. Installing the keyboard should be easy, just be careful not to use too much force. There's a small crack in the replacement keyboard when my brother put installed it, though it's only a cosmetic problem, nothing else. =p

bread's done
Back