I only have $215 left after getting fired...

TooMuchCoolness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
...damn insubordination! I didn't mean it

Well should I do with that money now? Any good investment ideas to make more money? I can look for a job but I just hate the hunting process...

I'm in deep ****

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']...damn insubordination! I didn't mean it

Well should I do with that money now? Any good investment ideas to make more money? I can look for a job but I just hate the hunting process...

I'm in deep ****[/QUOTE]

Unemployment and flipping...thats what I've been doing between apps and interviews.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']How do I do this flipping, beside burger flipping? Too old for that[/QUOTE]

Get a bunch of family members (or homeless people) to sign up for RZ accounts. Then you can flip the same title an infinite amount of times. If the homeless have passports or another form of id you could perhaps possibly flip the same title an infinite^2 amount of times.

Although I'm not sure if this is true... i just saw someone advocate for it in another thread.

Stop playing videogames immediately. Flip burgers, wash cars, hit craigslist up for side work. Do whatever you can to pay your bills.

Yep. You're an adult. Do whatever it takes to pay the bills. Don't think you're too good for flipping burgers or working retail for a while if that's all you can find.

Not an expert on unemployment, but I think in most states you can't get it for being fired with cause. Only for being laid off/let go through no fault of your own.

The things going for me is that I don't drink or smoke and am really good at video games, especially fighters. Thinking of playing seriously around tournaments and become a hired pro.

OP, you're in deep shit because you don't have any savings. You should have six months' worth of money set aside in savings to prevent problems like this, so you can find another job in semi-short order and not be in deep shit.

Go find some kind of job immediately, fast food, retail, manual labor job, something to put money in your pocket to cover bills. I'd also suggest selling/pawning items you can do without for a while, such as video games, movies, music, TV, other electronics.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']The things going for me is that I don't drink or smoke and am really good at video games, especially fighters. Thinking of playing seriously around tournaments and become a hired pro.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think now might be a good time to start drinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']The things going for me is that I don't drink or smoke and am really good at video games, especially fighters. Thinking of playing seriously around tournaments and become a hired pro.[/QUOTE]

Hit your parents up for a larger allowance because you are obviously twelve fucking years old.

do jobs like this even exist anymore.. i know back in the 90s and early 2000s yes now a days doubtful

go to your local arcade and bet money on games and hope the loser dont shoot you and take the cash

i remember making a few hundred a week playing pool in bars back in the late 90s

EVO is in summer and if you place in Top 3, you can get a several thousand dollar check. In the meantime I guess I will look for find a job, sell some stuff and practice.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']How do I do this flipping, beside burger flipping? Too old for that[/QUOTE]

No offense, but if you just got fired for insubordination, you're not too old to flip burgers.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']EVO is in summer and if you place in Top 3, you can get a several thousand dollar check. In the meantime I guess I will look for find a job, sell some stuff and practice.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you can win. There's a cost to get there as well. I think first place can get like $10K, but trust me, you're not going to win it.

Yeah, the biggest gripe I hear of from tournament goers is travel expense.

Plus, like stated, you'd better be damned fuckin' good if you're trying to take down some of the big players in that scene.

Now is not a time for pride. I wouldn't even be above a little grovelling to try to get said job back. If it's not an option, just start spamming applications. Gotta get that money from somewhere.

Good luck getting Unemployment since you were fired for Insubordination. The only way you can get UI is if your company goes under or they don't have a position for you and you get laid off..... your state Unemployment office will investigate and find out from them that you were terminated due to misconduct. In other words, don't even think about it and leave the UI for people who actually do get laid off and need it.

[quote name='IanKazimer']Yeah, the biggest gripe I hear of from tournament goers is travel expense.

Plus, like stated, you'd better be damned fuckin' good if you're trying to take down some of the big players in that scene.

Now is not a time for pride. I wouldn't even be above a little grovelling to try to get said job back. If it's not an option, just start spamming applications. Gotta get that money from somewhere.[/QUOTE]If he was fired for insubordination, he's not going to get his job back because most places won't fire you for a single offense unless it was something ridiculous like taking a shit on his boss' desk.

Insubordination firings need multiple offenses to be documented before you get canned, so I'm sure the OP decided to do it multiple times before he was finally canned. Again, unless it was something ridiculous in a single sitting.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Hit your parents up for a larger allowance because you are obviously twelve fucking years old.[/QUOTE]

This. The video game thing being mentioned in this thread is some of the dumbest stuff I have read on CAG.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Good luck getting Unemployment since you were fired for Insubordination. The only way you can get UI is if your company goes under or they don't have a position for you and you get laid off..... your state Unemployment office will investigate and find out from them that you were terminated due to misconduct. In other words, don't even think about it and leave the UI for people who actually do get laid off and need it.[/QUOTE]

also if your self employed under their work force no matter why they let you go you will never collect unemployment

Live the dream, man.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']EVO is in summer and if you place in Top 3, you can get a several thousand dollar check. In the meantime I guess I will look for find a job, sell some stuff and practice.[/QUOTE]

You must be young and naive because EVO shouldn't even be on your radar. It's a Cinderella story that sounds great if you're making a fake reality show. We all fuck up and get in tough situations but you need to think realisticlly. Sorry for your misfortune but welcome to real life.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']The things going for me is that I don't drink or smoke and am really good at video games, especially fighters. [/QUOTE]

Those are not things that look good on a resume.

Have you thought of joining the military? It's kind of like a big video game, only if you screw up, you, uh, die.

[quote name='keithp']Those are not things that look good on a resume.

Have you thought of joining the military? It's kind of like a big video game, only if you screw up, you, uh, die.[/QUOTE]

And the herd is culled.

[quote name='burritoman']He is a "Deep Ass Gamer."[/QUOTE]
That...worked out better then I could ever imagine.

Also this thread is on par with that thread from WAAAAY back when a CAG was asking any random CAG members if he can stay over with them for awhile.

I'm looking for a job as well. I drink and smoke and suck at video games. (But I've got total enlightenment coming to me on my deathbed so I got that going for me. )

What should I do?

[quote name='shrike4242']If he was fired for insubordination, he's not going to get his job back because most places won't fire you for a single offense unless it was something ridiculous like taking a shit on his boss' desk.

Insubordination firings need multiple offenses to be documented before you get canned, so I'm sure the OP decided to do it multiple times before he was finally canned. Again, unless it was something ridiculous in a single sitting.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no doubt. That was mostly an indication that now is a time to swallow pride and just do what it takes, not really a suggestion.

[quote name='keithp']Those are not things that look good on a resume.

[/QUOTE]

They would, however, qualify him to join Napoleon Dynamite's family.

In no why am I advocating this at all because in fact I am pretty infuriated by it. But I know three past co-workers of mine that got fired for even much worst reasons and they are collecting unemployment for two whole years.
One got into an accident with an equipment but didn't report it (tried to hide it too), one was late ALL the freaking time until he incurred enough negative points to get fired, and one got too many customer complaints.
I have no idea how they got unemployment afterwards. They might have found a loophole or something. Sometimes I even consider getting fired on purpose just to sit home on my ass and collect money too, haha. But then I wise up.
And I'm pretty sure none of them have found another jobs since then. Economy is still shit right now so you better just get your resume out there to any and all places you can. Don't be naive to think you're too good for a job because I have $215 that says you're not.

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, you're in deep shit because you don't have any savings. You should have six months' worth of money set aside in savings to prevent problems like this, so you can find another job in semi-short order and not be in deep shit.

Go find some kind of job immediately, fast food, retail, manual labor job, something to put money in your pocket to cover bills. I'd also suggest selling/pawning items you can do without for a while, such as video games, movies, music, TV, other electronics.[/QUOTE]

Best advice you are going to get. You should always have an emergency fund of at least 6 months of expenses.

Secondly, go get a job immediately. There is more pride in taking any job to get by while you wait then sit around waiting for the next opportunity.

[quote name='bardockkun']Start taking it in the pooper.[/QUOTE]

Going by your listed skill set, I would say this is going to be your most effective route.

A few suggestions:

1. Practice. Enlist the help of a friend or relative that doesn't care about your well being.

2. fuck pride. You won't make it in the world of poop-chuting if you're not open to getting the job done no matter what it takes.

3. Invest in a hemorrhoid doughnut. This will help you out when you're kicking ass at EVO.

4. Defend your territory. Aggression determines the pecking order in this world.

5. Get a pimp. If you can't defend your territory, a pimp can make the difference between being broke or just having a broke ass.

I'm sure there's a few things I'm missing. Being the gaming savant you are, I'm sure you will figure them out.

Dude why the fuck would you go back to work.
fuck that.

Live in a tub, walk backwards around town,
and badger people about their lack of humanity
while pooping in public areas

[quote name='Invicta 61']
3. Invest in a hemorrhoid doughnut. This will help you out when you're kicking ass at EVO.

[/QUOTE]

How does one go about kick extra virgin olive oil's ass? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I flipped burgers (and stared at a clock) for six days straight to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and left. A couple of years later I applied to Target and got the job. I've been there for nine years and I make $250 a week. Even if it's brief, I think having some work experience must mean something.

Lately I've been wanting to leave the place (the employees are worse than the shoppers and expenses are getting tighter) and/or go back to college to know what I can do to get a better job. Getting a better education to know what you want to do with your life seems worthwhile.

You just need to get yourself a trade, I make more in a day than what you do in a week. Hell the garnishes they take out of my check are more than what you make in 2 1/2 weeks. I've been at the same company for 13 years and it's hard work and it did take me 7 years of that to finally start making a living. There is a lot of opportunity out there, just don't settle for less.

[quote name='skiizim']You just need to get yourself a trade, I make more in a day than what you do in a week. Hell the garnishes they take out of my check are more than what you make in 2 1/2 weeks. I've been at the same company for 13 years and it's hard work and it did take me 7 years of that to finally start making a living. There is a lot of opportunity out there, just don't settle for less.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

We got a badass over here folks!

[quote name='skiizim']lol.... This is one of the dumbest threads I have ever read, if you are really serious go jump off the sears tower.[/QUOTE]
I got it--he could jump, make a video and try to upload it to Youtube before he hits the sidewalk!

[quote name='skiizim']You just need to get yourself a trade, I make more in a day than what you do in a week. Hell the garnishes they take out of my check are more than what you make in 2 1/2 weeks. I've been at the same company for 13 years and it's hard work and it did take me 7 years of that to finally start making a living. There is a lot of opportunity out there, just don't settle for less.[/QUOTE]

I make 3 billion dollars.

Now what?

bread's done
Back