I quit smoking -- You can too!

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I quit smoking exactly six months ago today. I smoked a pack a day since I was 18 until I turned 24. I feel a hundred times healthier. I don't cough up green shit every morning. My clothes don't smell like smoke. I don't have to schedule my life around when I can take a cigarette break. I've saved an estimated $720.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys here, in case someone else is trying to quit as well. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I can tell you it's also the most important. And like they say, there really is no better time to quit than right now.

I'm smoking one right now and it feels great. I just love the way it feels to hold it in my hand and let the smoke go slowly down my throat. It's like unleashing a a goblin down there to scratch the middle of your back that you can't seem to reach by normal means.

mmm.

It should be noted that today is the last day to buy cloves without importing them, because you're not allowed to do what you want with your body.

[quote name='Liquid 2']It should be noted that today is the last day to buy cloves without importing them, because you're not allowed to do what you want with your body.[/QUOTE]

That's true...but Djarum released a repackaged item called Djarum Black Clove Cigars that come in a 12 pack to get around this.

I don't really care either way. Cloves are legit gross.

I'll stick to my Turkish Royals/Camel Unfiltereds/Dunhills/hand rolled cigs.

I decided to quit on Sunday and wanted to get through today without buying another pack... it's fuckin' tough, but trip-ups aside, it's doable. I wanted to jump in cold turkey but I think I'll be best off weening one more pack. My biggest hurdle is not smoking in the car, so I won't be taking them with me when I leave tomorrow.

Thing of it is, I thoroughly enjoy the act itself and it's more for monetary reasons than health reasons.. so I think that will make it easier.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I quit smoking exactly six months ago today. I smoked a pack a day since I was 18 until I turned 24. I feel a hundred times healthier. I don't cough up green shit every morning. My clothes don't smell like smoke. I don't have to schedule my life around when I can take a cigarette break. I've saved an estimated $720.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys here, in case someone else is trying to quit as well. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but I can tell you it's also the most important. And like they say, there really is no better time to quit than right now.[/QUOTE]

First off, good for you.

But it's the most important thing you've ever done in your life? Gee.

umm... it probably is the most important thing you've done to increase your life span. kudos.. and yes cold turkey is the best way. congrats

I went cold turkey a couple years ago but I sneak one every once in a while when I go out to bars. Kudos and good luck staying away from the smokes.

It's funny all the obvious "bad" aspect of smoking (Is there any good reason... ?) that the OP realizes AFTER quiting.

Speaking of quiting, I'm sorry to say you haven't. You'll go back to it again. That's the way it is with this stuff. You may think you have. Everyone that's smoked that I know of is in this boat and the only way it's gonna stop is when (not if) you have a serious health issue as a result.

Good luck though.

Congrats OP. Was in the same boat as you 3 years ago. Had been smoking for over 10 years and was smoking a pack a day and also doing dip. I could never see myself quitting. But, the wife knocked some sense and to me and I quit cold turkey. Now I'm repulsed by the smell and have no urge to start again.

Stay strong though, those urges are a motherfucker.

lol, we sure do have some cynical members here. The sad truth is that almost no one started smoking with the intention to get addicted, so no need to beat anyone up over it or chastise anyone making a conscious decision to quit.

bread's done
Back