I rescued a kitty

doomlv20

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
So for the past week I've seen this little white cat wandering around my apartment building. My girlfriend and I weren't sure if it was a stray, but it followed us inside the building, but as soon as the front door closed, she freaked out and wanted to go back outside. I didn't see her again until last night, she didn't have a collar on her or anything and her fur was very dirty so I figured I'd take her in. So after her hissing at my girlfriend's cat and my power going out I decided to go to bed, and when I woke up she was sleeping on my chest, this tiny ball of white fluff.

In the morning my girlfriend and I took her to the vet and got confirmation that she was indeed a she, and that she did not have a tracking chip in her, so we decided to adopt her as our kitty. She got her shots and we went back home. While we were at the vet I thought of the perfect name for her, Menchi.

That's awesome man.

[quote name='ITDEFX']sometimes you get the cat, other times the cat gets you!

so who's the master now? you or her?[/QUOTE]

Spoken by someone who doesn't live with a cat. :lol:

[quote name='Rivalz']Aint most kitty's are homeless?
like... pumas, lions etc?[/QUOTE]

Well, they don't live in a house, but those are wild animals. :whistle2:s

[quote name='wubb']Well, they don't live in a house, but those are wild animals. :whistle2:s[/quote]
Let me tell you about the magical monster called: A Joke.

The last picture looks just like my cat when she was young, the grey went away through. For a stray that cat looks pretty big. Neither of my cats have anything on them, or a chip inside so the vet would just rule they are stray's?

My sister and I found a fat black cat in the garage once after a snow storm and we kept it for years. My mom and dad found one almost 30 years ago and took it in, and then my aunt gave us one she found, sadly that cat had everything including cat cancer.

That's really awesome. She was really sleeping on your chest when you woke up? I think that would melt even the cruelest of hearts:D

we adopted two cats a few years back, but since we had the baby.. we had to give them up (to really good home.. thanx god).. so before any of you who might think about adopting any kitty.. don't forget to bring in factor like family, g.f., etc...

cute kitty btw.. :)

my brother and his wife adopted a cat a few years ago. I love that cat so much, she's very tame and well behaved.

btw, do you know what type of cat you now have?

[quote name='wubb']That's awesome man.

Spoken by someone who doesn't live with a cat. :lol:[/QUOTE]

yep... I like cats, but after an hour I am weezing and coughing and my eyes feel like they are burning :(

So OP, tell me about the cat's personality? Playful, active? lazy? mean?
Also how the hell did it get inside your house and into your bed?

So far she likes to talk quite a bit, she only stops meowing when I start petting her or when she's asleep. She definately likes me more than my girlfriend, but thats OK because my girlfriend's cat likes her more. Menchi likes to sit on the other chair in our computer room, which is what she is doing right now.
One thing I'm really concerned about is that she hasn't eaten or drank anything since I took her in, we've tried giving her ham, wet food, milk, and water. She doesn't even look at any of it twice. Even though she hasn't eaten she seems healthy, she's always following me around and meowing.

OK as of wirting this my girlfriend came in and gave Menchi a piece of ham, which she is currently gobbling down. I guess she's gonna eat now, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. Now I only have to worry about Menchi and my girlfirend's cat, Oni, hissing at eachother when they get too close.

Here's a couple more pictures, one of Menchi and the orange cat is Oni.

[quote name='racthamp']we adopted two cats a few years back, but since we had the baby.. we had to give them up (to really good home.. thanx god).. so before any of you who might think about adopting any kitty.. don't forget to bring in factor like family, g.f., etc...

cute kitty btw.. :)[/quote]

why would you have to get rid of the cats?

Gotta be careful ... seems certain wet cat food is killing cats. Hopefully your new cat isn't about to expire. My GF's cat was like that, barely ate, then when she took it to the vet to stay overnight, the cat passed away. My gf was devastated.

[quote name='doomlv20']So far she likes to talk quite a bit, she only stops meowing when I start petting her or when she's asleep. She definately likes me more than my girlfriend, but thats OK because my girlfriend's cat likes her more. Menchi likes to sit on the other chair in our computer room, which is what she is doing right now.
One thing I'm really concerned about is that she hasn't eaten or drank anything since I took her in, we've tried giving her ham, wet food, milk, and water. She doesn't even look at any of it twice. Even though she hasn't eaten she seems healthy, she's always following me around and meowing.

OK as of wirting this my girlfriend came in and gave Menchi a piece of ham, which she is currently gobbling down. I guess she's gonna eat now, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. Now I only have to worry about Menchi and my girlfirend's cat, Oni, hissing at eachother when they get too close.

Here's a couple more pictures, one of Menchi and the orange cat is Oni.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ITDEFX']Gotta be careful ... seems certain wet cat food is killing cats. Hopefully your new cat isn't about to expire. My GF's cat was like that, barely ate, then when she took it to the vet to stay overnight, the cat passed away. My gf was devastated.[/QUOTE]
Yea it's a sad horrible thing going on with that pet food recall. Yet another reason why I only but pet food from the vet. Prescription Diet is worth the extra few bucks it costs.

[quote name='Rivalz']Aint most kitty's are homeless?
like... pumas, lions etc?[/quote]

[quote name='Rivalz']Let me tell you about the magical monster called: A Joke.[/quote]

One prerequisite to be called a joke is being humorous. You didn't pass.

[quote name='Jedi1979']why would you have to get rid of the cats?[/quote]

I've heard the bacteria in cat poopz can kill a baby? And since Cats like to walk in their feces, its prob not that hard to spread.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I've heard the bacteria in cat poopz can kill a baby? And since Cats like to walk in their feces, its prob not that hard to spread.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?! Cats are extremely clean, and they don't walk in there shit. Cat and dog crap is bad for plants through.

And buying food from your vet means nothing. Anything can be recalled.

I checked my cats food and there was one packet left that was from one of the brands. It obviously didn't have the same date (otherwise the cats would already be sick) but I threw it out anyways.

Whiska's all the way!

The thing about cat poop is far scarier than (just) killing babies. There's this nasty parasite called toxoplasma gondi http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondi that can only reproduce in cat (& bird - news to me) intestines.

The freaky part is in order to get into cat's stomachs the bug gets into rats and actually alters their behavior (!) Rats generally stay the hell away from cat pee so they don't get eaten. Toxoplasma turns that part of their brain off so they're more likely to be kitty dinner. Eggs are then passed through their poo-poo. Gross me out to the max fact: people then inhale the fecal matter and toxoplasma becomes a part of them.

Somewhere between 15 and 30 percent of people worldwide have this thing inside them. There's been speculation that Toxoplasma has a role in schizophrenia and a (questionable) study found that female carriers are more flirtatious while males are more suspicious. Another study reported that human hosts were more likely to be involved in car accidents than those who aren't infected.

I wrote a 6 page paper on Toxoplasma after learning about it from those documents Leon comes across in RE4. The one thing I would suggest (aside from keeping your cats indoors whenever possible) is if there's a pregnancy involved the guy has to change the box. My wife's 20 weeks pregnant right now & while it sucks not taking turns there is no way I'd allow her within 10 feet of the litter box.

From wikipedia: If infection with T. gondii occurs for the first time during pregnancy, the parasite can cross the placenta, possibly leading to hydrocephalus, intracranial calcification, and chorioretinitis, with the possibility of spontaneous abortion or intrauterine death.

Cute cats by the way.

[quote name='doomlv20']Now I only have to worry about Menchi and my girlfirend's cat, Oni, hissing at eachother when they get too close.
[/QUOTE]

Better get used to it, chances are it will never stop.

When my parents moved, they had 4 cats, they found 2 more that were homeless... one was a siamese, the other was just a white cat (don't know what kind it was). They fed them, because they didn't really want to take on two more cats, but when the cats started showing up bloody and beaten, they didn't have a choice.

Apparently, they found out the lady that owned them moved, didn't want to take them, so just left them. The cats were also declawed in the front.

The siamese gets along well with the other 4, however the white cat still fights with them to this day, and it's been about a year since they've been in the house.

Oh no! A bacteria!!! There is shit everywhere and if you looked up what it really is and what it does you would kill yourself. I think it's just PETA spreading lies so people don't have pets and so their "animal liberation" can take place.

And all white cats are part siamese.

Awesome. We have 2 cats, and they get along fairly well now, though the newer one (boy) always wants to play and our older one (girl) isn't always in the mood. It took a really long time (over a year) for them to get totally comfortable with each other though.

Toxoplasmosis is dangerous to the fetus, but only if the pregnant woman contracts it while pregnant. Most women who have been around cats already have it so it's no big deal. That said, my wife is pregnant and we no longer take turns scooping out the litter - it's all me now.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How many of these bush league "I eat cats" jokes are we gonna have in this thread?[/quote]

How dare you.

I tell Major League pussy eating jokes.

bread's done
Back