I saw Blade: Trinity last night..

ArchangelOfWar

CAGiversary!
I scored some passes from Chud.com. Anyway, the movie is decent, but felt anti-climatic. I won't spoil anything, but let's just say there is still a lot of breathing room in the Blade/Nightstalkers universe for more movies. Jessica Biel fans might feel a little cheated on this one, since she didn't have a lot of dialogue compared to Hannibal King (Ryan Reynolds from Van Wilder) and Blade. The two fellas get big fight scenes in the end, but Jessica just annihilates faceless grunts the entire movie.

Does the much-talked about humor work? Yeah, and the best lines come from Hannibal King, but Blade gets in some funny comebacks as well. Hannibal King, speaking of which, eclipses Jessica Biel's screentime at least (it seemed like) two-fold.

Miscasting of the year: The smaller, chubby guy from King of Queens plays a "Q" type gadget-explaining character. LOL, but he does get in a decent joke.

The action got on my nerves, though. David Goyer speeds practically everything up, literally. In one scene, Triple H looks like a Looney Toon character running after the Nightstalkers. Lots of quick editing, sped up footage, and lame choreography [sic]. Not to mention the stock techno, some of which was popular in say..1997. Ah, well, at least most of the CG shots aren't in the fights and are of Drake and people falling off buildings..onto cars..onto Blade..whatever.

Drake is a typical post-modern Dracula. In other words, his acting is wooden, and has a laughable accent. Oh, and one of my favorite plot holes involves him:

*SPOILERS*
Why the hell did he run from Blade in Dr. Vance's office?
*END SPOILERS*

Moving on..Whistler has a total of three scenes with a predictable character arc. The vampires who dig up Drake are forgettable, and Triple H looked pretty hilarious with silver-fronts. I mean..fangs. It seems like I hate this movie, but I didn't. It's passable popcorn. Not a "sympathy for the mediocre" passable, but a legitimately passable popcorn movie.

6 out of 10.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']So how much action does HHH get in? Who does he go over?[/quote]
Blade was about to beat Triple H but then at the last second Ric Flair runs in.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='Monsta Mack']So how much action does HHH get in? Who does he go over?[/quote]
Blade was about to beat Triple H but then at the last second Ric Flair runs in.[/quote]

:rofl:

classic! :lol:

[quote name='crickett003'][quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='Monsta Mack']So how much action does HHH get in? Who does he go over?[/quote]
Blade was about to beat Triple H but then at the last second Ric Flair runs in.[/quote]

:rofl:

classic! :lol:[/quote]
Yea, there goes Blades title shot...

HHH doesn't get that much action, but that doesn't mean he's in it for only five minutes. He's actually used for a good bit in the movie, and has a "big" fight scene towards the end. Luckily, we don't get a pedigree, but do get a nice powerslam out of him.

And Johnnyoski, I'd definitely say its more entertaining than Blade II, but is still too diluted for my tastes to top the original. For the subject matter, Blade II and Trinity seem too upbeat at times when compared to the original. Vampires have a hand in every political organization, the media, and such..but there's time to joke and make mp3 playlists before killing vampires? PFFT.

*SPOILERS*

Another thing I didn't understand about this flick is the scheme the Nightstalkers come up with to kill Drake and vampires. They put together a biological weapon that kills the vampire gene or virus. This all isn't possible, of course, without Drake's blood. Anyway, they release this bioweapon after Abigail and Blade eventually jam a dart carrying the virus into Drake. All the vampires in the building are wittled down to ash, incluiding Drake.

The ending, which is narrated by Hannibal King, basically states Blade is a weapon and represents war, and war never ends. Uh..what happened to the other vampires on Earth? If they're all dead, what purpose does Blade have?

Now, earlier in the movie, Abigail and Blade find a blood farm of sorts where the homeless is being used to supply blood. They force a vamp into typing in the shut down code. Exit scene. LOL, so all Blade had to do was just talk a vampire into shutting down their blood reserves?

I guess through these plot devices (and in the ending's case, hole) it'll set up the next Blade and/or Nightstalkers film. IF they go through with that subplot.

So..there you have it.
*END SPOILERS*

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='javeryh']Jessica Biel is smoking hot.[/quote]

If buy smoking hot you mean entirely average then yeah.[/quote]

Are you constantly dating supermodels that can't get enough of you? If so then I can almost understand how you might feel about her. She might not be the hottest hollywood person out there but she is sure hotter than anyone I come into contact with during the course of my day...

I enjoyed the first two Blade Movies. I was really looking forward to this one. I saw a quick blurb at Rottentomatoes stating that this movie was made for people with ADD.

Thats a shame.

This movie was awesome I would totally recomend it to any of the Blade fans out there. This movie is really funny and has good action.

The "hole" at the end is because there is a spinoff staring blades helpers (whatever there called...VanWilder and "that girl") i believe as a tv show.

I hated Blade:Trinity. I felt the story lacking and I thought they would compensate it for good action sequences. Unfortunately, the fight choreography looks like a Britney Spears dance number. Wesley Snipes' acting is completely dull. I didn't find his character threatening and ferocious. This is a good movie, that is if u compare it with the other Blade films.

Thanks for the quick review and for marking the spoilers OP. I though one and two were good, so three should be decent enough to warrant a weekend movie visit.

I saw it last night........the one thing that distracted me was the size of Blades lips......have they gotten progressively bigger over the past 3 movies or is Wesley Snipes just getting botox injections to compete with Angelina Jolie.

Other than that I thought it was a fairly decent movie. Just don't expect to much. I went in thinking that it was going to suck (but hoping against that).

[quote name='Journey']I saw it last night........the one thing that distracted me was the size of Blades lips......have they gotten progressively bigger over the past 3 movies or is Wesley Snipes just getting botox injections to compete with Angelina Jolie.

Other than that I thought it was a fairly decent movie. Just don't expect to much. I went in thinking that it was going to suck (but hoping against that).[/quote]

You are thinking collagen. Botox removes wrinkles.

Edit- FYI botox is derived from one of the most powerful toxins known to man, botulinim. You can find botulinim in canned foods that have gone bad. I just always find that interesting.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='javeryh']Jessica Biel is smoking hot.[/quote]

I agree with your statement crymnl..

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='javeryh']Jessica Biel is smoking hot.[/quote]

Are you constantly dating supermodels that can't get enough of you? If so then I can almost understand how you might feel about her. She might not be the hottest hollywood person out there but she is sure hotter than anyone I come into contact with during the course of my day...[/quote]

Well I go to college. ;)

I liked Blade one and LOVED Blade 2! The reavers were really cool, but this movie looks so dumb from the commercial. I mean Blade never really needed a partner except whistler, now they bring in two young super sexy sidekicks. Dumb. I know all this shit is fiction anyway but c'mon, the chick loads songs on to her ipod before a battle to kill people to certain songs? Thats fuckin' over the top dumb.

I'd say I liked Blade II the best cuz nothing's gonna replace the feeling i had the first time I saw the Reavers. I remember reading the storyline for Blade III and it seemed much cooler then what was actually made. That Ipod shit was pretty stupid, I guess it makes Vampire Sam Fisher easier to kill Abigial Wistler.

That last fight was pretty disappoiting too. Hannibal King was pretty funny, and Blade had some cool lines too. There was a ton of stupidness that just dragged the movie down and some really dumb scenes like the splitscreen that looked like an intro to a 70's cop show. OVerall I'd say it's a good way to kill 90 mins but not as good as Blade II.

bread's done
Back