I set my record for longest straight playing session (pretty sad)

jlarlee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
ok let me set this stage for you on this one. 25 yo gamer been playing since I got my NES at 8 yo. I'm maried and got two kids so playing time is at a premium and marathon sessions are definetly rare. Anyways my wife and kids visit her folks over the weekend so its on. I have been slowly playing through skies of arcadia legend son the cube for an eternity. I started playing at noon on saturday and I beat the game on Sunday at 10 a.m. that folks is a 22 hour straight playthrough I only got up to piss grab or grab a soda or some pizza. my previous high was like 14 hours back in the day. I kept saying I was going to turn the game off and do somethign else until about 2 a.m. when I stopped lying to myself and determined iI wasn't going off until I beat the game.

Nice. My personal best is 27 hours straight playing Dragon Force on the Saturn. I fell asleep in the chair I was playing in, woke up about 6 hours later, and put in another 10 hours. :D That was one great weekend!

Damn Jeremy, that's mad crazy. Congrats for sure.

I know how it is when the wife and kids are gone. You really have to get after the gaming because you don't know when you'll have the chance later on.

So, were you hooked the entire time, or did you have some moments in the early morning that you thought you weren't going to make it.

Also, what the hell did ya do once you finished the game? Prolly went straight to sleep, eh?

Dude, if that were me, I'd have had a case of beer, and a large pizza. That's all I would need for an awesome gaming session.

!!

What the hell, dudes, you're all out of your f'n minds.

14 hours, Final Fantasy for the NES, 1990. And that was because it was a rental. 27 hours plus 10 more... jesus...

The most I've ever played was 7 and a half hours. I can't remember the game but I know I was playing it with some friends. Multiplayer madness.

i was trading my friend ffx for ffvii and 2 nights before i decided to put in ffx to give it one last run, i played for 3 hours, the next day i went to school, and i only wanted to play ffx more, i got home at 2, popped in the game and played until 10. I ordered some pizza sat down and ate it, and at 10:30 resumed playing until 7:00 the next moring when i had no choice but to go to school. crrrrazy! :)

[quote name='magilacudy']Nice work! Hopefully hardcore gaming won't be gone for me if and when I get married. :?[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... good luck.

[quote name='daphatty']Nice. My personal best is 27 hours straight playing Dragon Force on the Saturn. I fell asleep in the chair I was playing in, woke up about 6 hours later, and put in another 10 hours. :D That was one great weekend![/quote]

I could only stand Dragon Force so long, after my Army of Dragons just up and left (and I was pampering them with lots of cash) for no reason, I had to quit.

Unfortunately, I didn't beat dragon force. For some reason the main Anti-Hero (I forget the guys name) disappeared and I couldn't find him. I spent the last 10 hours trying to find him. I couldn't proceed beyond that point since the purpose of the game is to unite the lands, so I just gave up.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my second longest gaming session was when I worked for Sega. I worked a 27 hour shift with a 3 hour (paid) break @ 9 p.m. :D

[quote name='sj41']What about a toilet? Or did you piss/crap in your pants?[/quote]

I said right in the post that the only breaks i took were to piss and/or grab a soda and some food

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Damn Jeremy, that's mad crazy. Congrats for sure.

I know how it is when the wife and kids are gone. You really have to get after the gaming because you don't know when you'll have the chance later on.

So, were you hooked the entire time, or did you have some moments in the early morning that you thought you weren't going to make it.

Also, what the hell did ya do once you finished the game? Prolly went straight to sleep, eh?

Dude, if that were me, I'd have had a case of beer, and a large pizza. That's all I would need for an awesome gaming session.[/quote]

I got tired but I was hooked the whole time the last 10 hours of Skies of Arcadia is quite good. And yes I went straight to bed

[quote name='daphatty']Nice. My personal best is 27 hours straight playing Dragon Force on the Saturn. I fell asleep in the chair I was playing in, woke up about 6 hours later, and put in another 10 hours. :D That was one great weekend![/quote]

They need to make that game for GBA. Anyways i have it, and it's great. I thought it to be kind of hard and never beat it... but then again i dont have a power chord for my saturn.

The longest I've gone is only about 12 hours, nice job!!! Anyway, this Dragon Force sounds REALLY interesting, could someone give me some details?

Yesterday I played Valkyrie Profile all day long, but I took like 2 hour breaks after a couple hours for food, and going out to buy some Captian Morgan and Honey Brown.

I miss yesterday, "sigh".

WHEN MY BRO BOUGHT KOTOR, HE GAVE ME 2 WEEKS TO PLAY. I LITERALLY STAYED UP 5 DAYS IN A ROW PLAYING KOTOR. 5X24=120 HOURS NONSTOP. I FELT SICK TO MY STOMACH FROM EATING NOTHING BUT SLATINES AND JUICE AND STARING AT THE SCREEN FRO SO LONG. I HAD THE HUGEST HEADACHE ON ABOUT THE 3RD DAY AND ADJUSTED TO THE PAIN BY LAYING SIDEWAYS ON MY FUTON AND KEPT PLAYING. AFTER THOSE 5 DAYS WERE OVER, I SMELLED HORRIBLE AND HAD SHARP PAINS IN MY EYES SO I FREQUENTLY HAD TO CLOSE THEM TOSTOP WATERING. I KNOW, IM A LOSER. BUT NONETHELESS, A PROUD LOSER. I HAD A PERFECT LIGHT SIDE RATING AND THEN COPIED MY SAVE AND PLAYED WITH THE SAME CHARACTER AND ADE A PERFECT DARK RATING. LIGHT SIDE WAS PROLLY MORE ENJOYABLE THOUGH. MY FAV PART WAS WHEN YOU TEAM UP WITH 2 SITH WHO END UP BETRAYING EACHOTHER AND IN THE CAVE, CHOOSING TO BETRAY BOTH AND FIGHTING EVERY SITH CHARACTER BACK TO YOUR SHIP. THE RUSH FROM THAT EXPERIENCE WAS BETTER THAN....NEVER MIND ILL STOP.

AND YOU GUYS THOUGHT YOU WERE HARDCORE GAMERS. IM FEELING LIKE A PIMP SO ILL GO AHEAD AND BRUSH MY SHOULDERS OFF. LOL.

That's an impressive feat rickybee. Is typing in all caps a result? Just kidding.

My best was somewhere over 20 hours when Baldurs Gate 2 came out.

[quote name='SatchmoKhan']That's an impressive feat rickybee. Is typing in all caps a result? Just kidding.

My best was somewhere over 20 hours when Baldurs Gate 2 came out.[/quote]

The second one must be a longer game I beat the first one in 9 hours

jlarlee, I was meaning I played Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn for the PC in a 20+ hour marathon. You are probably thinking of BG: Dark Alliance, if not, completing Baldurs Gate for the PC in 9 hours is amazing.

[quote name='SatchmoKhan']jlarlee, I was meaning I played Baldurs Gate 2: Shadows of Amn for the PC in a 20+ hour marathon. You are probably thinking of BG: Dark Alliance, if not, completing Baldurs Gate for the PC in 9 hours is amazing.[/quote]

Man if you beat Baldur's Gate for PC in 9 hours, my hat goes off to you. It took me about a month playing almost all day with a very good walkthrough to beat it.

I've been over 24 hours several times in the middle of my UO fascination back in 98-00. Not that uncommon for 12+ hours of the day to be devoted to it.

As far as console games... memorable streteches would be 14 hours beating CT in one sitting, Sunshin in one sitting (18 hours), and that's all that comes to mind immediately.

The longest I've played during one sitting is about 3 hours, and I've done this a couple of times with Gran Turismo 3 and Chrono Cross. I would really have to be in the game to sit there for a pretty long time.

Well the best I've done is somewhere in the 14-hour zone, enjoying Final Fantasy IX when it was released, I really liked the chocobo game. I started in the morning and played until the next morning.

There was never a time that I played for that long, but I did purposely forego much needed sleep to game on a few occassions. A month or so after Kingdom Hearts came out, I borrowed it from a friend and was slowly working through it. I was on the second to last world one night at like 10 and had 8AM classes, so I went to turn it off. Then I said, "F this, I'm beating this piece of crap tonight" and immediately turned it back on. Played till 6AM, slept for maybe an hour, then fought off sleep in class.
Those were the days...

My favorite one is when I rented Final Fantasy 9. I had an entire weekend to play it, and I spent 40 hours in one weekend. (Friday through Monday) I played so much that my parents grounded me.

Myself, My girl, My girls 2 brothers 27 hours straight of amplitude trying to destroy it on insane and get 3 bars of perfect. Still can't get it all the way. I really really hope another amplitude comes out pray for it.

m.n

for some reason i can't give over 3 hours to a single player gaming session, either my add kicks in or commitments come up. you are my role model

dude if you had snack food:

Essentials include:
Cheeto's (for there rich cheesy goodness)
Dorito's (cooler ranch personal fav)
Ruffles Cheddar n Sour Cream (my god like crack)
5, 24 packs of MD (for alertness)
1, 12 pack of MGD (for anger/rage control)
Number to local Pizza hut with coupon for 2 large pizza's for 12.99
(have to have this or it's all useless and wate of time)
Gameboy Advance SP and copy of Ghouls and ghosts
(for when it's not your turn)

If you combine all these elements in the room and have these within reaching distance you will not move, i promise you, for at least 6 -10 hours.

Meynerd

[quote name='Maynard']dude if you had snack food:

Essentials include:

If you combine all these elements in the room and have these within reaching distance you will not move, i promise you, for at least 6 -10 hours.

Meynerd[/quote]

Man, that would be so great to be able to do something like that. By yourself or even with one of your friends.

If I knew marriage was so restricting, I would have had a lot more killer gaming sessions than I do now.

Jeremy, when we go to E3 next year. It is ON! I plan on not sleeping the entire week I'm there. Looking at video games during the day and all-night gaming when I'm not at E3.

[quote name='Maynard']dude if you had snack food:

Essentials include:

Meynerd[/quote]

Kind of reminds me of a case rase. 2 teams of 3. Each team gets a 30 pack and a large trash can. Each team goes into a room. No one can leave the room until all the beer is gone.

When quake 2 first came out, i bought it, sat down and couldnt stop playing it, with my friend as a witness..... All i had was a bottle of water next to me. 11 hours later, it was over. ANd damn...that was an awesome experience.

[quote name='BigNick']Kind of reminds me of a case rase. 2 teams of 3. Each team gets a 30 pack and a large trash can. Each team goes into a room. No one can leave the room until all the beer is gone.[/quote]

Lol you frat boy, I love you man :rofl:

bread's done
Back