I think I missed something. Shaq fu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda the Red Mage

CAGiversary!
I haven't been here much lately because of finals. Apparently some sort of inside joke got started while I was away. Can anyone tell me what "shaq fu" means?

Yep. The filter takes the f word and it's variants and replaces them with Shaq-fu..
and it takes the N-word and replaces it with Night Trap.

Heh. I thought everyone on the board just typed it in each time because it was the worst game....

[quote name='jshorr']Heh. I thought everyone on the board just typed it in each time because it was the worst game....[/quote]

Hah, that's what I thought to.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

Yeah, where's the filter for cracker? Oh yeah, I forgot, no one cares if white ppl get ridiculed.......

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

Yeah, where's the filter for cracker? Oh yeah, I forgot, no one cares if white ppl get ridiculed.......[/quote]

Maybe the filter is for cracka'.....or maybe not.

[quote name='JSweeney']Yep. The filter takes the f word and it's variants and replaces them with Shaq-fu..
and it takes the N-word and replaces it with Night Trap.[/quote]

It replaces Nintendo with Night Trap?

[quote name='trustcompany1013']basically

im not complaining, i personally dont care.....but its just funny how the same rules never apply[/quote]

Well, no one really cares, they just don't wanna be gang-raped by whining blacks and bitching liberals, well, that's kind of the same thing.

*hands trustcompany and XboxMaster heavy-duty flame shields*

On a side note, you people are a bunch of fucking niggers. :wink: BTW, CheapyD should consider replacing sh*t with something like Shin-Tzu...

[quote name='trustcompany1013']thanks for the flame shield....but why would i need one? i didnt say anything wrong at all.....whats wrong with believing in equal rights?[/quote]

Don't get me wrong...I agree with you whole-heartedly. I just know that sooner or later, someone's going to jump into this topic and start defending hypocrisy.

Whats funny is that I can look at what you guys typed in to see exactly what you put before the filter took effect.

I'll willingly take your heavy-duty flame shield. I wasn't expecting to say what I did, I just got tired of the whole "Oh no, you're being racist against blacks" concept that our country's society is so heavily based on. I'm not saying you should make fun of them, I'm just saying it's not fair that everyone sucks up to them while whites are left kissing their ass thinking it's payback for slavery. I will admit, though, blacks have stopped using slavery as an excuse lately. I guess they're waiting for something else to happen. :lol:

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

Yeah, where's the filter for cracker? Oh yeah, I forgot, no one cares if white ppl get ridiculed.......[/quote]

I'm probably one of the most conservative people on this site, but if you're going to honest with yourself you have to observe both sides of an argument (something I don't think "politically correct" people do very much of).

The "N" word represents centuries of slavery and mistreatment to the group of people it denegrates. "Cracker", "honkey", etc. are not kind terms, but they do not have the same historical significance.

For instance, if you call your sister a "retard", it's not a very nice thing. But if you go to the Special Olympics and call one of their contestants a "retard", you crossed the line.

I'm all for ending double-standards, and I think if both sides of this country *really* want to move forward and away from racial boundaries that BOTH sides have to learn to respect each other and take personal responsility for resolving differences respectfully and honestly. I also think that there is a double-standard on many issues. However, in this case you cannot ignore the powerful history that is symbolized by that word, and you can't pretend that the meaning behind it is as bad as something like "honkey" just because you're frustrated about other issues that really are unfair.

Wow, you mean you guys are actually naive enough to actually believe life is fair?
I've had it ground into me since the age of 5 that life is inherently unfair.

[quote name='XboxMaster']I'll willingly take your heavy-duty flame shield. I wasn't expecting to say what I did, I just got tired of the whole "Oh no, you're being racist against blacks" concept that our country's society is so heavily based on. I'm not saying you should make fun of them, I'm just saying it's not fair that everyone sucks up to them while whites are left kissing their ass thinking it's payback for slavery. I will admit, though, blacks have stopped using slavery as an excuse lately. I guess they're waiting for something else to happen. :lol:[/quote]

Oh my god. I LOVE YOU.

I believe just like you that white people are the ones getting racisted against now, and liek you said, WERE KISSING BLACK PEOPLE's ASSES. When a black person calls some white person a cracker they laugh "hahaha. h my gosh random black guy, youre so cool." oh no, but if you called him "the n word" he would make sure you're left for dead. effing hypocrites. and they wanted equal rights? effers...

[quote name='Acrylic'][quote name='XboxMaster']I'll willingly take your heavy-duty flame shield. I wasn't expecting to say what I did, I just got tired of the whole "Oh no, you're being racist against blacks" concept that our country's society is so heavily based on. I'm not saying you should make fun of them, I'm just saying it's not fair that everyone sucks up to them while whites are left kissing their ass thinking it's payback for slavery. I will admit, though, blacks have stopped using slavery as an excuse lately. I guess they're waiting for something else to happen. :lol:[/quote]

Oh my god. I LOVE YOU.

I believe just like you that white people are the ones getting racisted against now, and liek you said, WERE KISSING BLACK PEOPLE's ASSES. When a black person calls some white person a cracker they laugh "hahaha. h my gosh random black guy, youre so cool." oh no, but if you called him "the n word" he would make sure you're left for dead. effing hypocrites. and they wanted equal rights? effers...[/quote]

My response: See my post above as to why it's not exactly hypocritical.

[quote name='Acrylic'][quote name='XboxMaster']I'll willingly take your heavy-duty flame shield. I wasn't expecting to say what I did, I just got tired of the whole "Oh no, you're being racist against blacks" concept that our country's society is so heavily based on. I'm not saying you should make fun of them, I'm just saying it's not fair that everyone sucks up to them while whites are left kissing their ass thinking it's payback for slavery. I will admit, though, blacks have stopped using slavery as an excuse lately. I guess they're waiting for something else to happen. :lol:[/quote]

Oh my god. I LOVE YOU.

I believe just like you that white people are the ones getting racisted against now, and liek you said, WERE KISSING BLACK PEOPLE's ASSES. When a black person calls some white person a cracker they laugh "hahaha. h my gosh random black guy, youre so cool." oh no, but if you called him "the n word" he would make sure you're left for dead. effing hypocrites. and they wanted equal rights? effers...[/quote]

Is this supposed to be in a mocking tone or do you actually believe that?

Oh my god. I LOVE YOU.

:roll: Okay, if you're serious, then this is going way too far.

Why would I mock someone? I am white, and seriously do feel like were the ones feeling degraded. So black people should shut up about slavery and deal with it. Then maybe we'll all jsut learn to get along.

[quote name='Acrylic']Why would I mock someone? I am white, and seriously do feel like were the ones feeling degraded. So black people should shut up about slavery and deal with it. Then maybe we'll all jsut learn to get along.[/quote]

Do you disagree with my assessment that the "N"-word carries a much more powerful meaning and history than the other words then?

[quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='Acrylic']Why would I mock someone? I am white, and seriously do feel like were the ones feeling degraded. So black people should shut up about slavery and deal with it. Then maybe we'll all jsut learn to get along.[/quote]

Do you disagree with my assessment that the "N"-word carries a much more powerful meaning and history than the other words then?[/quote]

Sure it carries more of a history...but still, I feel offended when being called other words by black folk (and trust me, I do)

I'm not very familiar with the history of the "n" word, but isn't it just a different way of saying negro? Just to make sure, saying negro is offensive, right?

[quote name='Acrylic'][quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='Acrylic']Why would I mock someone? I am white, and seriously do feel like were the ones feeling degraded. So black people should shut up about slavery and deal with it. Then maybe we'll all jsut learn to get along.[/quote]

Do you disagree with my assessment that the "N"-word carries a much more powerful meaning and history than the other words then?[/quote]

Sure it carries more of a history...but still, I feel offended when being called other words by black folk (and trust me, I do)[/quote]

For some reason, I don't find it too hard to believe that other people call you names.......

[quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

I'm probably one of the most conservative people on this site, but if you're going to honest with yourself you have to observe both sides of an argument (something I don't think "politically correct" people do very much of).

The "N" word represents centuries of slavery and mistreatment to the group of people it denegrates. "Cracker", "honkey", etc. are not kind terms, but they do not have the same historical significance.

For instance, if you call your sister a "retard", it's not a very nice thing. But if you go to the Special Olympics and call one of their contestants a "retard", you crossed the line.

I'm all for ending double-standards, and I think if both sides of this country *really* want to move forward and away from racial boundaries that BOTH sides have to learn to respect each other and take personal responsility for resolving differences respectfully and honestly. I also think that there is a double-standard on many issues. However, in this case you cannot ignore the powerful history that is symbolized by that word, and you can't pretend that the meaning behind it is as bad as something like "honkey" just because you're frustrated about other issues that really are unfair.[/quote]

By far the most intelligent thing on this topic. The n word has a history of terror, subjugation, and hatred behind it. "Cracker" does not. To view the use of these words out of this context and label offense at the n word as hypocracy is simply ignorant, to be perfectly honest.

[quote name='coolcato'][quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

I'm all for ending double-standards, and I think if both sides of this country *really* want to move forward and away from racial boundaries that BOTH sides have to learn to respect each other and take personal responsility for resolving differences respectfully and honestly. I also think that there is a double-standard on many issues. However, in this case you cannot ignore the powerful history that is symbolized by that word, and you can't pretend that the meaning behind it is as bad as something like "honkey" just because you're frustrated about other issues that really are unfair.[/quote]

By far the most intelligent thing on this topic. The n word has a history of terror, subjugation, and hatred behind it. "Cracker" does not. To view the use of these words out of this context and label offense at the n word as hypocracy is simply ignorant, to be perfectly honest.[/quote]

I would agree with, but if the n-word has such a history of terror and hatred, then why is it perfectly acceptable today in many black communities to use the word in casual conversation?

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer'][quote name='coolcato'][quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

By far the most intelligent thing on this topic. The n word has a history of terror, subjugation, and hatred behind it. "Cracker" does not. To view the use of these words out of this context and label offense at the n word as hypocracy is simply ignorant, to be perfectly honest.[/quote]

I would agree with, but if the n-word has such a history of terror and hatred, then why is it perfectly acceptable today in many black communities to use the word in casual conversation?[/quote]

~ZING~

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer'][quote name='coolcato'][quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

I would agree with, but if the n-word has such a history of terror and hatred, then why is it perfectly acceptable today in many black communities to use the word in casual conversation?[/quote]

Do you really have to ask this? I have a number of problems with your statement. One reason they can is for the same reason chosen brought up, with the example of using "retard" with your sister as opposed to a special olympic athlete. If you are a member of a certain group, it can be acceptable to use these terms, the same way that cancer patients can make fun of their condition, but if somebody else does its a pretty heartless thing to do. Another reason is that to many urban african americans who use the word, they use it because it is a symbol of their hard life, hard times, etc. and use it as a constant reminder of their oppressed past and present (at least in their opinion).

And I would also add that many african americans do not find the use of this word acceptable, and in fact find it very offensive. Just because the most visual demograohic of the black community (the rap culture) usues it, this does not mean that it is generally acceptable among all black people.

No, not a ZING. Do some research, and you will find out that it was actually the idea of early black civil rights leaders to start using the word to try and "reclaim" it. The idea was that if black people started using it, it would help diffuse some of the hatred behind the word. Also, I think part of the thought was "Well, if white people hear us using it without getting upset, maybe they'll stop saying it".

Obviously, it did not work out they way they drew it up. LOL.

And arguments like "why is it okay for black people to say it" are dumb. The most important thing always when looking at a situation like this is CONTEXT. I'm willing to bet that 99% of the time, there is a different context when a white person uses that word than when a black person uses that word.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

i understand a lot about the n word, it means ignorant person, and slave owners would call their slaves the n word....and ignorant means lacking knowledge.........i think that we all agree slavery was a beyond screwed up thing....but no1 can take it back.....my first comment was originally just a joke....but it is true....cracker, peckerwood, and honky are all racial slurs as well as the n word....they may not have the history behind them....but basically....when ur calling someone the n word, or honky, or any racial slur....all you're trying to do is piss someone off....no1 on this site, reads the n word, and has a direct flashback to what the word means and what everyone went through that called the word, etc....they just know someones trying to piss someone off.....

in the end, nothing matters, because everyone has ancestors who had it rough at one time or another, or who has been treated like shit one time or another....we can't control what our ancestors did...

where i live....there are way more white n words then their are black n words....n words come in all colors, races, sizes, shapes, forms, blah blah blah....you just need to know what the word means...and if you dont know what the word means, then you're an n word.....for having that lack of knowledge

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i understand a lot about the n word, it means ignorant person, and slave owners would call their slaves the n word....and ignorant means lacking knowledge.........i think that we all agree slavery was a beyond screwed up thing....but no1 can take it back.....my first comment was originally just a joke....but it is true....cracker, peckerwood, and honky are all racial slurs as well as the n word....they may not have the history behind them....but basically....when ur calling someone the n word, or honky, or any racial slur....all you're trying to do is piss someone off....no1 on this site, reads the n word, and has a direct flashback to what the word means and what everyone went through that called the word, etc....they just know someones trying to piss someone off.....

in the end, nothing matters, because everyone has ancestors who had it rough at one time or another, or who has been treated like shit one time or another....we can't control what our ancestors did...

where i live....there are way more white n words then their are black n words....n words come in all colors, races, sizes, shapes, forms, blah blah blah....you just need to know what the word means...and if you dont know what the word means, then you're an n word.....for having that lack of knowledge[/quote]

claiming that it means an ignorant person is just wrogn. while at one point in history that was the definition, through time, that meaning has been lost and is now only a racial slur.

and i know i dont speak for anyone but myself, but say someone wanted to piss me off, "hey honkey" would have the same effect as "hey bitch" or something along those lines. it just wouldnt mean anything to me and i'd prolly laugh at them

[quote name='coolcato'][quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer'][quote name='coolcato'][quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

Do you really have to ask this? I have a number of problems with your statement. One reason they can is for the same reason chosen brought up, with the example of using "retard" with your sister as opposed to a special olympic athlete. If you are a member of a certain group, it can be acceptable to use these terms, the same way that cancer patients can make fun of their condition, but if somebody else does its a pretty heartless thing to do. Another reason is that to many urban african americans who use the word, they use it because it is a symbol of their hard life, hard times, etc. and use it as a constant reminder of their oppressed past and present (at least in their opinion).[/quote]

Well, your opinion is some major bullshit. It might have been used for that reason a while ago, but not today. I am not black, but I know for a fact that most, if not all, blacks use the "n" word in each sentence because all other blacks do, which it makes it trendy, or cool. It's just like saying "man" or "dude" at the end or start of every sentence.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='coolcato'][quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer'][quote name='coolcato'][quote name='chosen1s'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='trustcompany1013']so....whats the replaced word for honkey, cracker, and peckerwood?[/quote]

Do you really have to ask this? I have a number of problems with your statement. One reason they can is for the same reason chosen brought up, with the example of using "retard" with your sister as opposed to a special olympic athlete. If you are a member of a certain group, it can be acceptable to use these terms, the same way that cancer patients can make fun of their condition, but if somebody else does its a pretty heartless thing to do. Another reason is that to many urban african americans who use the word, they use it because it is a symbol of their hard life, hard times, etc. and use it as a constant reminder of their oppressed past and present (at least in their opinion).[/quote]

Well, your opinion is some major bullshit. It might have been used for that reason a while ago, but not today. I am not black, but I know for a fact that most, if not all, blacks use the "n" word in each sentence because all other blacks do, which it makes it trendy, or cool. It's just like saying "man" or "dude" at the end or start of every sentence.[/quote]

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back