I think my ps3 is breaking games

Eskya

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I just had something odd happen and I wonder if anyone else has had a similar ordeal.

I was playing my ps3 slim today, I had just gotten a copy of 3D dot game heroes off goozex last week and had started playing it before bed last night, it worked fine then. This morning I returned, I wasn't very far in, just started the 2th castle, so I played on. Now when I was looking for the 3rd castle, I blew up an opening to a cave and was on my way in, when the game froze. The music skipped and the screen went black

First I was mad because you, know, I may have lost the whole morning of playing but when I ejected the disc I noticed a crack starting in the center ring and going up to just slightly past the "PS3 ring". It (obviously ) didn't work when I tried it again.

At first I thought I had been sent a defective game to begin with, But I don't remember a crack and it did work fine before, I tested a few other discs (not for to long. just to see if they loaded I'm kinda afraid to keep them in longer) I've owned my ps3 for about 6 months and never had this problem. Anyone have any advice/tips?

[quote name='Eskya']Cool story bro.[/QUOTE]

I imagine the game was in fact defective when you received it, and the heat that the PS3 produces assisted in the development of the game breaking crack.

I would totally blame the condition of the game before I was to blame your PS3.

The only game my Slim PS3 has f'd with is GT5, I have a nice solid line on one section of the disc that wasn't there when I first bought it, no other game has done that. Mine's not a cracked or a scratched thought, mine looks something like what happens when you burn a new CD.

I am willing to bet the disk was damaged to some degree before putting it into the system. It is likely that the disk had a hairline crack that you overlooked before putting it into the system. Even a small crack could have creeped down the disk while spinning, which led to the break in the data portion of the disk. I doubt it is the system, just an unlucky used purchase/trade.

lol wow

This was not really a glitch though on the 2nd castle after you blow up the whole you actually have to wait a while. The old man comes out of the cave and shows you his sword.

bread's done
Back