I thought this day would never come: Going to start playing WoW again.

It's the new expansion thing. I haven't even opened my copy yet, let alone play Burning Crusade. It's been sitting since July or so.

*5 more weeks*

I saw some guy playing today on campus.. he must've been a high level. What he was doing looked so much more fun than when I tried to get into a couple years ago.

Maybe I'll give it another shot..

I took about a yr and a half break right after the expansion came out. Some guys at work got me back into it and provided me with a power leveling guide. Just hit lvl 50 and its been 3 1/2 weeks at a little over 10-15 hrs a week.

Warhammer (good)
Atlantica Online (free and good)
Age of Conan (pretty, getting cheaper)
Tabula Rasa (super cheap)

Why play Warcraft when you can try something new?

Atlantica Online looks good to me, since I'm cheap and I don't pay to play online. The last MMO I played was Knight Online about 3 or 4 years ago since that was free (but lag crippled the game during peak times, thankfully mostly after 11pm since the servers were in Korea).

Am I one of a small population that has never played WoW in any incarnation?

[quote name='japaki']I'm not sure what provoked this, but I feel compelled to play again.[/quote]

I found this same thing till last week and reactivated and bought Burning Crusade. I stopped just before it came out.

or you can limit yourself and still have a social life, the power leveling guide I got made it possible, I say maybe 10 hrs a week and level 50 ish in less then 4 weeks.

I picked it back up a few months ago. I've never been a big raider and usually dont play for more than an hour or two at a time...hell most of my gear is still blues with a mix of purples on my 70 priest.

WoW can be a lot of fun if you have some RL friends to play with and you arent too serious about gaming.

I wanted to pick up the expansion pac next week but will probably hold off for a week or two to finish off this Pally to 70.

only problem is if you do raids or anything or even instances at 70 it takes several hrs like 3 or more per. That is where your time management comes into play.

[quote name='PhoenixT']only problem is if you do raids or anything or even instances at 70 it takes several hrs like 3 or more per. That is where your time management comes into play.[/QUOTE]

We were doing heroic "badge runs" (dodging lots of mobs that didnt need to be fought and going straight to bosses) in an hour or less. The raids can take a hell of a lot longer, but the instances, once you get the fights down and if you get a good group, take no time at all.

I enjoy PvPing as it was a 30 minute commitment per week to get my 10 fights in for Arena and I could pop in and out of the battlegrounds to get my badges and honor (1 game in the morning, 2 games at night, etc).

I just hate that everyone is coming back...the queues are getting crazy again (400+ on Alleria at 9pm EST). Its gonna get up in the 1,000's once the exp pack comes. Sucks I only have time to play an hour or so a day and half of that could be waiting in queues.

I can see that I"m likely going to be in the same situation on Earthen Ring soon as I get everything loaded again. I wasn't even going to come back for the expansion but a friend talked me into it so here I am.

bread's done
Back