I want a skateboard, after 9 years of not having one.

Diiz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
*Diiz's random "I'm bored and don't feel well" topic 2 of 2*

I decided the other day that I want a skateboard for cruising around campus and running errands to places that are close enough where I don't like driving, but far enough where I don't want to spend the time walking. I have been looking at longboards, and I like the general style and design of the Sector 9 boards (I like "Roots", made from bamboo haha) but I haven't owned a skateboard in so long that I don't want to end up paying way more than I have to for a "popular" board when I can get one just as good for less. Any avid skaters/longboarders that can help me out? I'm not looking for X-Games shit here, just something to get me around.

[quote name='Diiz']*Diiz's random "I'm bored and don't feel well" topic 2 of 2*

I decided the other day that I want a skateboard for cruising around campus and running errands to places that are close enough where I don't like driving, but far enough where I don't want to spend the time walking. I have been looking at longboards, and I like the general style and design of the Sector 9 boards (I like "Roots", made from bamboo haha) but I haven't owned a skateboard in so long that I don't want to end up paying way more than I have to for a "popular" board when I can get one just as good for less. Any avid skaters/longboarders that can help me out? I'm not looking for X-Games shit here, just something to get me around.[/QUOTE]

CCS Blank Decks !!!

If you're looking for cheap, you can get blank/generic everything. My suggestion would be to build a complete and spend the extra money. Not really into longboarding, but Sector 9 is pretty much the best you can get. Bearings are going to be a big thing as well - don't go cheap on these. Spend a little extra to get a nice set. I recommend ceramics or any Bones Swiss bearing. Not sure on prices since a local shop hooks me up, but you should be able to get a decent longboard setup for ~$100.

That thing is pretty friggin tiny :lol: Some of my reasoning for wanting one is that I was hoping to avoid paying $250 for a campus parking pass this semester by parking in the shopping center across the street and skating to class... then I noticed the "NO CAMPUS PARKING" signs in the lot when I was leaving today so I'll have to scout some other nearby lots and figure out if this is even worth the hassle >=[ I hate that they fucking make you pay to park when there is no real alternative. I already have to spend a cubic shit-ton on gas since I have to commute 70 miles roundtrip just to get there, then I have to pay to park as well... sucks.

My god man, 70 miles?!?! Makes me 10 mile commute look like cake. Although parking is $35 now... used to be $20 :(.

The best bet in all honesty is park in a residential area (there HAS to be one by campus) and just skate to school. Get some heelies if you want to be even lazier.

[quote name='DirtRoadSport']CCS Blank Decks !!![/quote]

I have to agree if your just looking for a board to push around. And I'll echo THPS' comment as you should just get a complete as it will save you money in the long run.

Yeah, it almost makes me miss the ol' community college... there was a neighborhood right next to campus where I always parked, back when I refused to pay $35 for a parking pass :lol: I've been wanting to pick up a board for a while anyway, so maybe I'm just looking for an excuse. I would love a pair heelies but mostly because I'd wanna wear them at work :p

So get them! Two for one. I love heelies when I worked @ TRU and now in the warehouse they're even more fun. Slick cement that stretches for hundreds of feet... beautiful!

You should do lil rascal status and get a big sheet of plywood and add a few door knobs or something. Then paint jesus on it. Hardcore jesus. Not that pussy jesus that looks like he'd lose a fight to Ghandi, but the Jesus where if you f*ck with him, he'll drop you like a PS3.

I got a complete I'd trade for xbox/360 stuff or sell to ya. It's no longboard, but a pretty big size twin tip style. It's a lib tech brand (they also make snowboards) 8 or 8.5 wide X 32 inches long. Jason Crane model I believe, and has some of the cool wood look that you are interested in. I can send a pic if ur interested. I used it for exacly the reason you described, getting to class. Now that I'm gradumacated, I don't use it at all. It's got independent trucks and some kind of red colored wheels. This board was made w/in the last couple of years, so it ain't some old walmart board or anything. I got it at the local skateshop. It's in real good shape, cause I stopped doing tricks a long time before I bought this board.

I cracked my forearm skateboarding in my friend's driveway a few summers back.

[quote name='NWgamer666']I got a complete I'd trade for xbox/360 stuff or sell to ya. It's no longboard, but a pretty big size twin tip style. It's a lib tech brand (they also make snowboards) 8 or 8.5 wide X 32 inches long. Jason Crane model I believe, and has some of the cool wood look that you are interested in. I can send a pic if ur interested. I used it for exacly the reason you described, getting to class. Now that I'm gradumacated, I don't use it at all. It's got independent trucks and some kind of red colored wheels. This board was made w/in the last couple of years, so it ain't some old walmart board or anything. I got it at the local skateshop. It's in real good shape, cause I stopped doing tricks a long time before I bought this board.[/QUOTE]

Send me a picture =)

[quote name='Gustav Holst']There are some great Landyachtz boards.
http://www.landyachtz.com/D25.cfm?PID=119
It may seem small, but I have one. It carves like a japanese cooking knife. It's smooth and great to push. You can take it placs, stick it in your backpack and everywhere else. Trnsport around a crowded campus? That's your board.[/QUOTE]

I still keep going back and looking at this board. I like the size and style, but not so much the price :(

Longboards can be fun. After I went to San Diego for spring break last year I wanted one. You might try checking craigslist. I just browsed real quick and they had some ranging from $30-100 with some even being brand new. The high priced ones seem to be better brands but more used.

Yeah I browsed Craigslist a bit, but the few that I tried to bite on had already sold. It's not a massively pressing issue, but now I've kinda taken a liking to that landyachtz board that was linked a few posts up :lol:

check out these sites www.eastbuilt.com he sells blanks, uncuts, uncut longboards and i think cut longboards for a good price, takes paypal, has good deals on trucks and wheels too. go for soft wheels if your just doing some cruising, Randal trucks are my favorite for longboarding they turn very well with a long wheelbase.

also www.milehighskates.com Mile HIgh Mark has all the good stuff for longboarding/cruising, he takes paypal, offers free shipping on orders over $99, i've ordered stuff from him 3 times and always had it fast, his service is great.

i'm biased about this site (friends of mine) www.coldwarskateboards.com they offer decks only, they have a longboard model for $60 shipped, they also have some mini cruiser models that are fun and easier to handle. Right now i have the ICBM board and its pretty rad.

stay away from boards made outside the US, quality is comprimised unless they are canadian.

i've been skating for about 20 years and still ride several times a week, all terrains, you wont regret geting back into it.

[quote name='wheels']check out these sites www.eastbuilt.com he sells blanks, uncuts, uncut longboards and i think cut longboards for a good price, takes paypal, has good deals on trucks and wheels too. go for soft wheels if your just doing some cruising, Randal trucks are my favorite for longboarding they turn very well with a long wheelbase.

also www.milehighskates.com Mile HIgh Mark has all the good stuff for longboarding/cruising, he takes paypal, offers free shipping on orders over $99, i've ordered stuff from him 3 times and always had it fast, his service is great.

i'm biased about this site (friends of mine) www.coldwarskateboards.com they offer decks only, they have a longboard model for $60 shipped, they also have some mini cruiser models that are fun and easier to handle. Right now i have the ICBM board and its pretty rad.

stay away from boards made outside the US, quality is comprimised unless they are canadian.

i've been skating for about 20 years and still ride several times a week, all terrains, you wont regret geting back into it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions. That ICBM does look pretty badass.

bread's done
Back