i want cleaner and whiter teeth

jeremywoods

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
sup cagers

im planning to get an electric toothbrush.

can any of you guys recommend a good one at a decent price?

and what toothpastes can you recommend for whiter teeth and a fresher breath feel?

i wanna look like this -> :D

lol, wait im serious tho. any good deals on any?

From my experience, none of the whitening toothpastes really work that well. You need to go to a dentist and get the whitening gels in the tubes that they sell. Get the most powerful ones they have. Its like $20-25 for one tube and I would recommend you go through a few tubes to get the best results. Leave the gel on your teeth for 2 hours at a time. You have to use a tray thing to hold the gel in on your teeth.

[quote name='addicted2games']From my experience, none of the whitening toothpastes really work that well. You need to go to a dentist and get the whitening gels in the tubes that they sell. Get the most powerful ones they have. Its like $20-25 for one tube and I would recommend you go through a few tubes to get the best results. Leave the gel on your teeth for 2 hours at a time. You have to use a tray thing to hold the gel in on your teeth.[/QUOTE]

I agree, they don't whiten your teeth, they just keep them from getting yellower. I tried one of those over the counter whitening products and they didn't work either.

[quote name='62t']best electric toothbrush - sonic care[/QUOTE]
I bought one of those before. Cost over $100 but it was worth it. Too bad my grandma threw it away because the damn bristles were screwed up (come on, you can buy replacements!!). I do recommend it, I'm just not gonna buy another one though

[quote name='Vinny']I agree, they don't whiten your teeth, they just keep them from getting yellower. I tried one of those over the counter whitening products and they didn't work either.[/QUOTE]
I used the Crest Whitening strips and they worked great. Makes your teeth a bit sensitive for awhile but they still worked

[quote name='62t']best electric toothbrush - sonic care[/quote]

Seconded. If you're going with electric don't buy anything other than Sonic Care. Check Sams Club or Costco, they carry them there for a bit cheaper...also Amazon.com tends to have sales on them every know and then. Search through Slickdeals.net for them as well.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I used the Crest Whitening strips and they worked great. Makes your teeth a bit sensitive for awhile but they still worked[/quote]

yeah, when i tried them out i got that same tingly feeling. which one did you use? classic, premium, pro? oh and have you tried those other brands? like the ones that dissolve in your mouth?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Seconded. If you're going with electric don't buy anything other than Sonic Care. Check Sams Club or Costco, they carry them there for a bit cheaper...also Amazon.com tends to have sales on them every know and then. Search through Slickdeals.net for them as well.[/quote]

cool. any specific model i should be looking for?

start with some crest extra strength white strips. you can do a couple in a day if you give your teeth a little rest in between.

thirded on the sonic care tootbrush. i got mine on amazon for like $39 on a super sale.

get a good baking soda toothpaste too. then, so long as your teeth aren't sensitive from the strips put a good amount of toothpaste on the brush and brush (dry) for 5-7 min on just your front teeth, but try not to overdo your actual gums. you'll look like a mad dog.

you should notice a result from one day.

if that doesn't work, you just may have naturally yellow enamel. veneers?

[quote name='jeremywoods']yeah, when i tried them out i got that same tingly feeling. which one did you use? classic, premium, pro? oh and have you tried those other brands? like the ones that dissolve in your mouth?
[/quote]
I used the premium ones. I haven't used them in awhile but the effects lasted for a long time.I should start using them again though. I haven't tried the other ones but it couldn't hurt to try. I'd rather look around at reviews though but most seem like mixed bags

Me and my wife tried out the "celebrity sexy smile" that is advertised on the net, prior to our wedding. It was $50 for a single vial, $100 for 3 vials during their special ad, but we were sceptical and only bought one. They have a satisfaction guarantee if anyone is interested and it doesnt work out for them. A single vial allowed us to both use the treatment for 2-weeks with about 2/5 the liquid still remaining.

The procedure involved brushing first, then utilizing the applicator in the vial to "paint" a thin layer of the liquid on the visible teeth (visible when you smile) at night and in the morning. You let it dissolve on your teeth for 30 minutes or so before drinking or eating anything to allow it to deep clean your teeth. It is supposed to clean your teeth from the inside (like an oxidation process) as well as the surface. I did notice my teeth getting whiter over the two weeks that I used it, and my wife's teeth sorta plateaud because they were not as yellowed as mine were (I had never had them bleached, whitened, etc). I agree it is a bit steep in price, but it worked just as well as the crest strips which my wife used prior to this, and cost about as much as the crest strips would have cost for the duration of the treatment (3 shades of white). And it is much cheaper than a dentist charges for the whitening process. I dont drink coffee every day, or smoke, so my teeth have remained white due to not re-staining them.

I hope this is helpful to you.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I used the Crest Whitening strips and they worked great. Makes your teeth a bit sensitive for awhile but they still worked[/quote]

I'm on day 5 out of 10 and they're working surprisingly well

[quote name='sayHey']I'm on day 5 out of 10 and they're working surprisingly well[/quote]

which kind are you using? regular? extra strength?

[quote name='jeremywoods']which kind are you using? regular? extra strength?[/quote]

Crest Pro Effects.. the one that comes in the blue case, and is about 40 dollars. It gives you enough for 20 treatments, which you leave in for 30 minutes at a time.

I read some stuff online about the "Pro Effects" working much better than the regular 25 dollar "classic" kit, so I thought for a much better effect, 15 dollars more would be well worth it.

I just finished my 10th treatment, so I'm exactly halfway through it.

The only thing that bothers me is the way they leave your gums feeling. They have been really raw for the last three days, and kind of burn when I put the strips in. I can live with it though, I'm sure the pain won't persist after I finish the treatment.

any of you guys try the dissolving ones? theyre not made by crest tho, i dont think.

and ive heard good things about the arm and hammer whitening toothpaste. any comments?

I've been using the Crest Pro Health toothpaste (regular in the day and night before bed) and an Oral B electric toothbrush and it brought my teeth from yellowish (dark soda & coffee drinker) to nearly white and has kept them there. Dentist said I could get whiter teeth with a bleaching but I think it's good for now. I don't need them to glow in the dark (Friends reference).

[quote name='MikeHoncho']I used the Crest Whitening strips and they worked great. Makes your teeth a bit sensitive for awhile but they still worked[/QUOTE]

Best your going to get without a $230 dental bill.

The dental office will make a custom fit mouthpiece for you to wear overnight etc.
The stuff is awesome though.

It was funny my wife wnated me to
get this done and the dental office wanted to track the difference. My teeth were at the top of the whitness scale to start with :'). I used it a time or two, but it just makes my teeth too sensitive.

sam's club sells a sonicare that uses replaceable batteries instead of a built in rechargeable for $25. i haven't tried it, but considered purchasing it after my sonicare stopped working.

sonicare is great until you (or your child) drops it :)

don't go to the dentist! the ironic thing is they just send you home with over the counter Rembrandt whitening kit. That's the ONLY one that works, find that and you'll be happy, works great for me. As for toothpaste, the best one is Colgate's Fresh Confidence. It's kind of hard to find, there's a lot of wannabes trying to be it, but it's taste is great and leaves your mouth so fresh and lasts a long time!

[quote name='daminion']sam's club sells a sonicare that uses replaceable batteries instead of a built in rechargeable for $25. i haven't tried it, but considered purchasing it after my sonicare stopped working.

sonicare is great until you (or your child) drops it :)[/quote]

$25! too bad i cant get into sams club.. i might just wait til black friday for a sale on one of the sonic cares. there a particular model i should get, or are they all good?

[quote name='von551']don't go to the dentist! the ironic thing is they just send you home with over the counter Rembrandt whitening kit. That's the ONLY one that works, find that and you'll be happy, works great for me. As for toothpaste, the best one is Colgate's Fresh Confidence. It's kind of hard to find, there's a lot of wannabes trying to be it, but it's taste is great and leaves your mouth so fresh and lasts a long time![/quote]

is rembrandt the one that dissolves? or is that something else? people i knowve only used crest and they all say what you guys said that it whaks up their gums for a while :T

[quote name='jeremywoods']

is rembrandt the one that dissolves? or is that something else? people i knowve only used crest and they all say what you guys said that it whaks up their gums for a while :T[/quote]

rembrandt is a gel and comes with toothpaste and mouthwash. it's a three step process, very professional. and then you use the custom shaped teeth trays for the gel and let it sit for and hour at a time. great stuff..

Another vote for Sonic Care. I have had the same base unit for about 10 years. Just keep a look out for replacement heads when they go on sale.

Everyone that has said Sonic Care, I would definitely agree. Just picked up the E5500 and is working great. Love the tingly feeling after I brush. Beeps every 30 seconds to tell me to switch sides and such. Expensive, but well worth it, imo

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5184609

As for toothpaste, I heard no normal toothpaste works (well, not the ones that say they will whiten your teeth). Just find a toothpaste that says its ADA (American Dental Association).

As for strips and such, I heard great things about 10-day kit.

http://www.amazon.com/Crest-Whitest...ef=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1218939535&sr=1-3

If you want something easy and no money, try to swish (NOT swallow) hydrogen peroxide (2% that you can buy nearly everywhere). Yes, this is the same stuff your mother use to put on your cuts and boo boos when you were a child. It really does work. What's the best thing about doing this? The fact that not only does it whiten your teeth, but also gets rid of bad breath, and cleans your gums extremely well (I use to have bad gums, where my gums would bleed. My dentist said I needed to brush really good with floss and stuff. Now that I use peroxide daily, my dentist says how fantastic my teeth look).

Some things to note, hydrogen peroxide will degrade the enamal in your teeth, so watch out.

As for other home remedies (if you want). Dip your toothbrush in a hydrogen peroxide, and dip it in baking soda and then brush your teeth. It works really well too (very strong though).

And just to note, for those saying don't do hydrogen peroxide, understand that all those whitening kits have peroxide in it too.

[quote name='jeremywoods']hydrogen peroxide.. :shock:

i imagine myself lookin like a rabid dog foaming in the mouth all over..[/QUOTE]

And the aftertaste is great!

bread's done
Back