i want write a book

sublime90

CAGiversary!
does anyone know what process i should take in an attempt to write or co write a book? i have tons of ideas but not sure where to go or what to do. i appreciate any help, peace!

You just write stuff galore. Show it to friends and family when you've finished something. Take their opinions. Join a creative writing class at your local college.
I forget what they are called, but you will need something along the lines of an "agent". I'm sure theres some in the nearest big city you can hunt down. You submit your work to them and if they think its good enough they will try to get you published.
Also talk to your local college's english professors, they can give you more information.

BUT! Dont even think about this until after you've already written something.

If you are asking how to write a book itself, then thats easier. Write all your ideas down and make a gigantic very in depth outline for your book. Then start writing according to your outline. Its basically the same as a research paper, except you're doing a topic you want and enjoy and it is hella long.

Also, title of this thread made me laugh. If you are asking people about writing a book, you might want to use some proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when you post it.

[quote name='Schizophriend']You just write stuff galore. Show it to friends and family when you've finished something. Take their opinions. Join a creative writing class at your local college.
I forget what they are called, but you will need something along the lines of an "agent". I'm sure theres some in the nearest big city you can hunt down. You submit your work to them and if they think its good enough they will try to get you published.
Also talk to your local college's english professors, they can give you more information.

BUT! Dont even think about this until after you've already written something.

If you are asking how to write a book itself, then thats easier. Write all your ideas down and make a gigantic very in depth outline for your book. Then start writing according to your outline. Its basically the same as a research paper, except you're doing a topic you want and enjoy and it is hella long.

Also, title of this thread made me laugh. If you are asking people about writing a book, you might want to use some proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation when you post it.[/QUOTE]
You lose all right to criticize someone's spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation when you use the word "hella" yourself.

;)

[quote name='NDarkness']You need know English first.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.. but it's true. Writing in tongues does not work... not anymore, at least.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You lose all right to criticize someone's spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation when you use the word "hella" yourself.

;)[/QUOTE]

:roll: lol.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You lose all right to criticize someone's spelling, grammar, and/or punctuation when you use the word "hella" yourself.

;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, "hella" is a recognized word - but only if you live in Northern California.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Actually, "hella" is a recognized word - but only if you live in Northern California.[/QUOTE]

But we don't care about those bastards, we plan on letting them sink into the ocean.

I'm curious...what kind of book do you want to write? Ficton? Non-Ficton?

My wife recently got a book deal, the process is simply mind boggling. She signed the deal (non-ficton book, a "Coach's" guide to child birth - short and too the point. Not 700 pages, but a quick and easy read "airplane book") in December, first half was due in May and the second half in November. The book won't be published until 2012. I was shocked at the length of time the whole process takes. Trust me when I say that there isn't much money to be made.

Bottom line, the process for publishing (assuming that's what you're actually asking) depends greatly on the type of book you're writing. Many people now are going the route of Print on Demand or Self Publishing if they can't get a book deal. If you're truly interested, I'd recommend going on Amazon and ordering up a couple books on how to get a book deal, locate an agent, etc.

[quote name='sublime90']does anyone know what process i should take in an attempt to write or co write a book? i have tons of ideas but not sure where to go or what to do. i appreciate any help, peace![/QUOTE]
Just start writing. Everything you are going to write initially is going to be crap, so just hurry and get it out of the way. If your goal is to write well, and not just write a book, than just start writing everything you want to regardless of how long it is. Eventually you will go from writing crappy fanfic to decent fanfic, to something someone might want to read someday.

;)[/QUOTE]
Hella true son, word.

But that op's grammar be painin, yo.

Start a blog? Depending on what you write about you could always publish 1 chapter a month or something for a fiction novel. If you want to write about travel experiences or something BLOG. I know it's been abused to hella but

1. Start a blog
2. Get a lot of followers
3. ??
4. Profit!!

If it is anything like writing a screenplay then just do like others have said. Get your ideas down and outline it all. Then start writing. Have friends and family look at it to proofread and give their ideas. Then fix the issues and have them read it again. Keep doing this till you are happy with the book. Like writing a screenplay you might find some book writing competitions.

Actually I did a search for them now you just need to look through them.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source...X4McGSveIHAAAAqgQFT9AkYOg&fp=c3ac03c33d8b47b0

If it is good enough to publish someone will get a hold of you. Also once you are done and if you enter it into one of thies don't get mad if you don't win. From what I hear with the competitions you don't need to win.

I'll be your editor if I can get 10% of sales and 25% of merchandising/franchising/movie rights.

I've got a high school education and graduated towards the top of my class. I also could show you a bit of my editing skills if you'd like.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Actually, "hella" is a recognized word - but only if you live in Northern California.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't understand "hella" it really can be substituted with normal english in ever situation, but stupid Nor Cal people don't know how to speak english as I told someone that they shouldn't use "hella" and they substituted "hecka" claiming it was a word.

Based on the title and post, the OP has as much of a chance at becoming a writer as I do at becoming the starting center for the Los Angeles Lakers. I am a 5'8" white man.

[quote name='advanced']I'll be your editor if I can get 10% of sales and 25% of merchandising/franchising/movie rights.

I've got a high school education and graduated towards the top of my class. I also could show you a bit of my editing skills if you'd like.[/QUOTE]

You've got your work cut out for you.

[quote name='Matt Young']Based on the title and post, the OP has as much of a chance at becoming a writer as I do at becoming the starting center for the Los Angeles Lakers. I am a 5'8" white man.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, that never stopped Wataru Misaka. 5'7 Asian prodigy (in his time). He was the Jackie Robinson of basketball, but you know for the Asians.

On a side note, I was trying to think of Asian superheroes and besides maybe Goku for DBZ, there has never been a powerful Asian cartoon hero.

Alright here's my two cents. Like everyone been saying just write. Just sit down for a certain period of time and write even if you get like 2 sentences in an hour it's better than nothing. Don't be so fixated on correct grammar and/or punctuation you can go back and fix it when you edit. The most important part is writing what you want to say. Well that's about the only advice I have. Oh yeah and you can read the book "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott. It might offer you some more valuable insight.

Now if you want to make money on said book I have no advice for you. sorry.

Really?

[quote name='georox']But we don't care about those bastards, we plan on letting them sink into the ocean.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Oh, Michigan don't have to say much about there. lol :p

this is not fucking yahoo answers, you obviously want to learn how to write before you create a book

JK, no ROFL on all the responses here, seriously if you live in the US go to a Barnes and noble. There you will find many books on the steps and process of creating a book. I'm guessing however you'll give up this hobby as fast as you created this thread.

[quote name='VipFREAK']

Ouch. Oh, Michigan don't have to say much about there. lol :p[/QUOTE]

Yea, I can't say much about here... that's why I'm leaving for Los Angeles tomorrow for a week. =P Only good thing in Michigan this year ended (See: my blog)

[quote name='NDarkness']You need know English first.[/QUOTE]
Or get a very patient editor, just like Shakespeare had.

Anyhow, just write. Then once you are finished and have had it proofread you can attempt to get it published.

[quote name='georox']but we don't care about those bastards, we plan on letting them get nuked by North Korea.[/quote]

ftfy

[quote name='DV8']Start a blog? Depending on what you write about you could always publish 1 chapter a month or something for a fiction novel. If you want to write about travel experiences or something BLOG. I know it's been abused to hella but

1. Start a blog
2. Get a lot of followers
3. ??
4. Profit!![/QUOTE]

Ooh, mystery third step. I'm intrigued.

bread's done
Back