I will give $5 for a PoP:WW PS2 RECEIPT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxsedrin

CAGiversary!
I found a really good deal on a copy of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for PS2, so I bought it. But the problem is, I really want the Xbox version, and none of the retail stores in my area will let me exchange the PS2 version (even though its sealed) for the Xbox version without a receipt.

So, I will pay anybody $5 if they will mail me their PS2 Prince of Persia: Warrior Within receipt from one of the following stores:

Best Buy
Circuity City
Gamestop
Wal-Mart
Target

I would prefer to pay the $5 through Paypal, but I can send a check if necessary.

I guess I'd also be willing to trade for a sealed Xbox version as well... if anybody out there has an xbox version and wants the ps2 version.

PM me if you have a receipt you'd like to sell to me, or let me know if you have any other suggestions

thx

im gonna try and help you without wasting your $5. wal-mart should do just as long as you have a drivers license. if know kb toys will do it. i just returned games to both of them without receipts with my drivers license handy.

dude, i have the xbox version and it's really buggy. i would suggest the cube version if you have a cube.

anyways, wal-mart will do it without a receipt. just go the greeter at the entrance of the store and say you want to return something, they'll give you a sticker, bring the game up to customer service and they'll give you store credit so that you can get the xbox version. as someone said before, you gotta have a drivers license or it won't work. i've been told you can do this kind of arbitrage thing up to 3 times per year.

[quote name='abilyk']WalMart won't do it? That's a bummer. Have you tried Toys R Us?[/quote]

walmart dont do anything without a recept same with TRU too many people ripped them off

It might be a YMMV situation as one walmart around me would do it and the other walmart would not allow return without recipt.

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='abilyk']WalMart won't do it? That's a bummer. Have you tried Toys R Us?[/quote]

walmart dont do anything without a recept same with TRU too many people ripped them off[/quote]

Maybe your local Walmart won't do it in general, or maybe they just won't do it for you (they scan your ID when you do it -- maybe you're blacklisted), but my local Walmarts (and as far as I knew, nationwide policy) was to allow 3 non-receipt returns per customer per year. And I was at TRU today getting a refund, and the lady in front of me returned a board game for store credit with no receipt, no problems.

i didn't originally go to wal-mart because a friend of mine said it wouldn't work. but after all of your suggestions, i tried it anyways... and it DID work. :D

last time i take his word for anything... hehe

thanks for your help everybody.

This is kind of a strange suggestion, but have you tried Borders? Many Borders stores sell video games. Since the PoP are relatively big games, I bet many of them carry the PS2 and X-Box versions of the game. They take back anything that they sell without a receipt for store credit (which you can use to buy the X-Box version). I'd call around and see.

This follwing message is brought to you by CheapyD and the Cheap Ass Moderators:

Since this has turned into a discussion about where to return without a receipt, CAG frowns upon the practice of buying new games from one store, and returning them to another.

In this community, it is considered,"bad form" and we do not allow discussion of it here.

Thank you.
Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back