I Won a Playstation 3!

toldawg128

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
I finally received a PS3 that I won in a contest in late October. It was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre sweepstakes from Gamespot.com. It was supposed to come with a couple games (Resistance fall of man and FEAR) so I'll have to contact them about that.

6/4 UPDATE: I finally got my games! They waited til FEAR came out to send them both.

Jealous much?

Here's a pick of the box:

That's some luck you have there. I don't think I would win anything like that anytime soon. Congratz on winning the PS3 :)

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Are you gonna keep it or sell it?

sell it
[/quote]

I'm gonna keep it. I sold a game I won on ebay once and regreted it. I like keeping stuff I won, it's got sentimental value. Plus I wasn't planning on buying one like ever, so free is pretty good.

Congrats! Wish I would win something in one of the contests I always enter. You cant beat free. Keep that sucker and buy Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5.

[quote name='addicted2games']Congrats! Wish I would win something in one of the contests I always enter. You cant beat free. Keep that sucker and buy Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5.[/QUOTE]

I agree - and if they don't follow through with Resistance, definitely pick that up as well. I'm loving my launch PS3, and it's only going to get better as time goes by. Congrats! :)

[quote name='addicted2games']Congrats! Wish I would win something in one of the contests I always enter. You cant beat free. Keep that sucker and buy Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5.[/quote]

Keep at it. You enter enough contests and you'll eventually win something. I've been fortunate to win a couple.

VF5 and Motorstorm are two games I want to get my hands on. :drool:

[quote name='guinaevere']Congratulations dawg! Aside from the games you're waiting on, whatchya gonna buy for it?[/quote]

I don't know, maybe a nice TV. :)

I'm going to read my magazines and research some stuff. I haven't been keeping track of the goings-on in gaming recently. I know I want to play Resistence and Virtua Fighter 5 though.

In case anyone cares...probably not. I just received my games. It's been 3 months since I got my PS3 (haven't bought any games yet). They waited til FEAR came out to send them. It took 8 months to get everything I won, but it was worth the wait.

Resistance is fun, and I might end up trading/selling FEAR because it got poor reviews...I don't know.

Anyway, I just wanted to brag a little more. :D

Keep F.E.A.R it's awesome it was Fps of the year for me. The only reason it got bad reviews on Ps3 is because it was ported 3 times already. I suggest totally to keep that game it's an incredible game.

[quote name='toldawg128']
I'm gonna keep it. I sold a game I won on ebay once and regreted it. I like keeping stuff I won, it's got sentimental value.[/quote]

[quote name='toldawg128']Resistance is fun, and I might end up trading/selling FEAR because it got poor reviews...I don't know. [/quote]

Hypocrite much?

Plus, FEAR is pretty damn awesome.

[quote name='Scorch']Hypocrite much?

Plus, FEAR is pretty damn awesome.[/quote]

Yeah, I thought about that when I posted it (just thinking). ;)

I might keep it though. I've been wanting to play FEAR but I don't think my PC could handle it.

I wish I would win a damned PS3, since all I've ever won was a refurb stereo from a Big Lots when it just opened. The cassette deck broke the one time when I went to open it about 6 months later and the spring for it went flying by my head.

New ftw

Congrats either way though.....

bread's done
Back