Ibotta: Get $5 back on $100 in Best Buy purchase(s) (online and/or in store) - $10 back on $100 for Microsoftstore.com too!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Since Ibotta has been regularly having Best Buy and Microsoftstore.com offers I've restructured this thread a bit. I have also added an FAQ below.

Current "CAG Friendly" offers:

- Best Buy (in store and/or online):

$5 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases)* - Expires "02/10/15 at 12:59 am",

*On occasion some users get different offers so it may vary - you won't know until you open the app.

- MicrosoftStore.com (online only):

$10 for spending $100 (can be multiple purchases) - Expires but has been ongoing regularly

- New users can also get a $2 bonus (read below).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ibotta is basically an instant rebate app for smart phones that allows you to get money back for certain items (typically grocery). The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards.  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but these deals are certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link in my signature but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but yes, I get a bonus too.  To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Ibotta FAQ

Q: How do I unlock a rebate?

A: Each rebate has a couple of task that must be completed before it is "unlocked" and you can redeem it. Most of these task consist of a poll or "learning a fact" but on occasion they include posting to Twitter or Facebook. 

Q: How long can I submit a receipt?

A: Receipts can be submitted for up to one week from the purchase date. I.e. a receipt from the 1st can be submitted up through the 7th. Offers do expire though, and an offer may expire before a week's time preventing you from submitting it. 

Q: How do I complete an online offer such as BestBuy.com?

A: Once you've competed the "task" to unlock the offer there will be an option to click a button to "shop." You will then have the option to send yourself a referral link to use later or to shop directly from within an in-app browser. Online purchases tend to show up in your account in 2-3 days.

Q: I bought something three days ago and a new rebate has been added for that same item! Can I still submit my receipt?
A: Yes, you can submit any receipt less than a week old, even if the offer didn't exist when you originally purchased the item. For example, if you spent $100 at Best Buy on the 1st and an offer for $10 back when you spend $100 was added on the 3rd, you could submit the receipt from the 1st. 

Q: How long do rebates take?

A: They can vary a bit, and receipt photos that are hard to read seem to take longer (most likely are manually reviewed) but often times rebates post to your account within an hour. 

Q: How can I get the money I've earned?

A: Once you've reached a minimum of $10 you can "cash out" a number of ways including sending the cash directly to your Paypal or even gift cards such as Best Buy and Starbucks (among others). 

Q: How come some people have a $10 for spending $100 and others have $5 for $100 or $20 for $100? Why don't I have the same offer as someone else?

A: Ibotta does seem to periodically offer different offers to different users. This appears to be from a combination of different reasons, everything from geographical location, how long you'e been a user or even if you redeemed a previous offer for the same store. 

Q: If I pay with a gift card will it still count? Can I use other coupons and still qualify for an Ibotta rebate?

A: Ibotta really doesn't care about the form of payment or other coupons used (with one exception). So long as you bought the item and it is on your receipt it will qualify. It is possible to buy a grocery item that is on sale for $2, use a $1 off coupon and get $1.50 back in Ibotta rebate. The exception to this is the "Spend $$$ to get $$$" offers. Since the final total paid is what matters. If you lower the total with coupons/sales/reward certificates (for Best Buy) will result in less money being counted as "spent."  

Q: How do "Team Bonuses" work?

A: Teams are fairly new and still a little unclear but the primary way they work is that everyone you invite to Ibotta and joins through your link winds up on your "team." Once your team has received a certain dollar amount in rebates and you've also redeemed a certain amount you qualify for a bonus. For example, a hypothetical Team Bonus might require that your team redeems $20 in rebates total and you redeem $10 in rebates personally. Once both conditions are met you'll receive the bonus for that month. This will typically unlock a "level 2" where you can gain another bonus when the next levels are met. So far there have not been more than 3 "levels" of Team Bonuses.  It may be possible to add others to your team through Facebook. 

Q: Can multiple accounts on different devices send to the same Paypal account?

A: Short answer, yes. Ibotta does appear to have realized that some households may have multiple phones but maybe only one Paypal account so you could, for example, have yourself and your spouse both cash out to the same Paypal. Having more than one account per person is almost certainly against the terms however so do so at your own risk.

Previous deal info
Best Buy and Ibotta deal for Black Friday

Find gifts for everyone on your list at Best Buy!

Earn $5 when you Spend $100 in-store at Best Buy or online at BestBuy.com on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.
Once you earn your first $5, you’ll unlock a special bonus offer where you can earn an additional $10 when you spend $10 in-store (on your next trip) to Best Buy. Be sure to hurry, this special unlocked bonus offer will only last until the weekend of 12/6/14.
Check your special unlocked offer for more details.
Best Buy In-Store Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at Best Buy between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across in-store and online Best Buy purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your in-store purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Best Buy Online Details
To qualify you must:

• Spend a total of $100 at BestBuy.com between 12:01 AM (PST) on 11/27/14 and 11:59 PM (PST) on 11/28/14
  • The $100 minimum may include receipts submitted from one or multiple shopping trips across online and in-store purchases.
  • Spend at least $100 prior to adding any taxes or shipping and handling costs
  • If your online purchase is cancelled or returned, your earnings will be reversed and your Ibotta account balance will be adjusted accordingly
  • No partial credit will be awarded if the $100 minimum is not met
  • Offer excludes gift card purchases
  • Subject to Best Buy’s Return and Exchange Policy
  • Terms subject to change.
Check your app on 11/27/14 or 11/28/14 for additional details.

The money can be deposited into your paypal or used for some gift cards (Starbucks for example).  It is an app actually worth checking out anyway but this new deal certainly bound to speak to some CAG folk.

You can download the app through their site (or read below if you'd like to thank me for sharing this offer with you): https://ibotta.com/. There is no bonus to using my referral link below but if you'd like to as a thank you for posting this I certainly won't argue - your rebate will go through all the same but I get a bonus too so it's pretty awesome.   :) To do so correctly make sure to register at the below link and then sign in with those same credentials once you install the app.

New Ibotta user you can earn an additional $2 bonus for redeeming your first offer. Simply redeem your first offer (this offer or any other) within 10 days of signing up. Once you redeem your first offer (again, you must do so within 10 days of signing up not just installing the app) you will get a bonus $2 welcome reward. So $7 total back for a $50 purchase (or $12 for $100).

Last edited by a moderator:
So instore it would be the $48 that goes towards it on a $60 game? Online im not sure about. It shouldnt include tax though
I just bought an iPad smart case to have until the one I ordered from amazon comes. I didn't feel like having them pm the site so it was almost $85 with the tax and they took the whole amount towards the submission. I preordered a game with $25 down to be safe but I guess I could have gotten away with $20

Where exactly does it say between what dates the receipt has to be? Usually it tells me to verify once I try to submit a receipt, but it doesn't indicate an end date as far as I can tell. Where does the 24th come from?

Okay, question:

The current Best Buy $10/$100 offer covers what receipt dates? I bought a Pebble Steel watch last week, would that be covered?

I managed to finish the in-store rebate for Best Buy yesterday and today the online one for BB.com is gone. Probably the in-store and online rebate can not be stacked like before. Ibotta made a mistake this time and now it looks bugged.

I managed to finish the in-store rebate for Best Buy yesterday and today the online one for BB.com is gone. Probably the in-store and online rebate can not be stacked like before. Ibotta made a mistake this time and now it looks bugged.
That sucks. I did the same thing as you, then did the online one with another $110 purchase a few hours later. When I woke up this morning it was still up but my purchase still hasn't showed up. When I just saw your post I checked the app and they removed it too.

Edit: just checked the app again and the online offer is back up. Hopefully it actually applies since it said 3-5 days and its only been 1

Looks like my receipt is dated 12/16. Here's hoping the Ibotta app updates and puts the in-store offer back up within next 28 hours or I'll be SOL.

Looks like my receipt is dated 12/16. Here's hoping the Ibotta app updates and puts the in-store offer back up within next 28 hours or I'll be SOL.
A couple weeks ago, when they were running the get $10 off $10 or more at BB promo, the offer disappeared from the app before the end date. I didn't get my receipt uploaded in time, so I emailed support with a copy of it and they credited me the $10 after a week or so. May be worth a shot to try the same.

I still see the $10 bestbuy offer in my app, maybe because I uploaded 3 receipts earlier today? I plan to go tomorrow to spend the remaining $30. Also, the $10 online deal appears for me on the ibotta website, just made a purchase with it (basically redoing preorders) so hope that credits as well.

For the BB online offer, only the Order Total counts towards the $100 spent, right? I used the redemption link, but I was looking at my total and it is showing only $67 (I paid with $300 in gift cards though lol damn)

Can I use gift cards on the receipt I submit if I'm buying a tablet? Not sure about what it means by excludes gift card purchases. I'm assuming it just means they don't count money spent buying gift cards, buy just want to make sure.

Can I use gift cards on the receipt I submit if I'm buying a tablet? Not sure about what it means by excludes gift card purchases. I'm assuming it just means they don't count money spent buying gift cards, buy just want to make sure.
Your assumption is correct.

Where exactly does it say between what dates the receipt has to be? Usually it tells me to verify once I try to submit a receipt, but it doesn't indicate an end date as far as I can tell. Where does the 24th come from?
f*ck i just bought an ipad air at bestbuy yesterday
Okay, question:

The current Best Buy $10/$100 offer covers what receipt dates? I bought a Pebble Steel watch last week, would that be covered?
Been covered, but you have a week to submit a receipt. You can't submit anything over a week old regardless of when the rebate began and you can't submit anything once the rebate is gone, but while active you can submit any receipt a week old or less on the day you are submitting it.

Purchases made with giftcards counts. Hell, I managed to have them take my receipt of combining two giftcards, so purchases of giftcards with giftcars also seemed to work.

Looking at my old phone where I haven't redeemed this offer yet I now see a expires date of 1/7/15 instead of 1/1/15 so looks like it has been extended (at least for some).

Do Best Buy Reward zone certificates count? I Want to use gift cards and certificates I got from the holiday to qualify for this deal. Trying to do it online.
Thanks

Do Best Buy Reward zone certificates count? I Want to use gift cards and certificates I got from the holiday to qualify for this deal. Trying to do it online.
Thanks
Certs lower the price of items, so say you buy a $100 item and use a $50 feet. the receipt only shows you spent $50 + tax on the $50. So ibotta would only count $50.

Nice, there is a $5 "team" bonus this month for redeeming $10 yourself and the team redeems $20 total. Anyone who joined through my link should qualify for this extra $5 once they redeem their offer (I've redeemed it so I've got my $10 and soon as you redeem it you'll also have the qualifying $10 for the $5 bonus).

Since the listing is always kind of weird (saying it ends at  "01/07/15 at 12:59 am") tonight may be the last chance to get in on this offer. 

Will this work if I use a $10 reward certificate and a $50 gift card to pay for it?
If your total was $100 and then you used a $10 certificate and a $50 gift card Ibotta (and best buy) would say you only spent $90. Certificates actually change the value of what you are purchasing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to team up with another person if both already have an account?
I was wondering this too. I tried looking and only saw a referral code to start your own team, so I think you can only join one when you join and only make them if you're already a member

You can team together if you have a Facebook account. PM me if you have Facebook and wanna team up. My team already has the 1st January bonus unlocked, they are pretty active.

To my knowledge it is possible to add facebook friends to your team but I believe that is the only way to do so. 

My "team" usually makes the team threshold every month but I only occasionally make the personal threshold. The $10 Best Buy one counting this month helped out a lot. 

Just so you guys know, there are more rebates for BB again. $5 back for $100 spent, both in store and online.
Also, it appears unlike the last time, I can redeem purchases for both rebates. They accepted a Gat Out of Hell preorder I put through last night, so you might be able to hit the online threshold by using preorders.

Also, if you happen to have a physical TigerDirect nearby, they have a $10 back on $50.

Also, it appears unlike the last time, I can redeem purchases for both rebates. They accepted a Gat Out of Hell preorder I put through last night, so you might be able to hit the online threshold by using preorders.Also, if you happen to have a physical TigerDirect nearby, they have a $10 back on $50.
Last time I did the same with preorders and it worked, but this time I preordered a few games for like $120ish and after a week still nothing. I hate how inconsistent they are with everything

Well I finally got around to combining some gift cards yesterday so I got my $5 for submitting that receipt today. Put me over the necessary amount for teamwork level two as well so that was another $2 I'm happy to take. 

bread's done
Back