ICO and the Shadow of Colossus Collection PS3 $20 Amazon.com

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Just dropped in price:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339596480&sr=8-1&keywords=Ico+ps3

[quote name='backseatdog']Did people get the free PSN+ when they ordered it while it was OOS?[/QUOTE]

I ordered it when it was OOS, and I received the free PSN+ code. Do I need to input my credit card to use the free PSN+ code?

[quote name='EruptionZ']I ordered it when it was OOS, and I received the free PSN+ code. Do I need to input my credit card to use the free PSN+ code?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm pretty sure you need a credit card to activate it.

[quote name='EruptionZ']I ordered it when it was OOS, and I received the free PSN+ code. Do I need to input my credit card to use the free PSN+ code?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I tried today and you do need a credit card to use it. Gonna try tomorrow with an old visa gift card to see if I can activate it.

Amazon's promotion codes are almost always emailed 2 days after your item ships.

I got my code, and my copy shipped two days ago.

Hopefully this has less of a chance of getting lurked here. But i bought this game again and I do not need this PS+ code. ;D

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] NP8L-4ENL-FBA8[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for sharing. Not valid anymore - it would be nice if people post when they use a code.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Hopefully this has less of a chance of getting lurked here. But i bought this game again and I do not need this PS+ code. ;D

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] NP8L-4ENL-FBA8[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Why does Sony have both the Sony Entertainment Network site and the PSN site? I thought PSN was supposed to become Sony Entertainment Network. I logged into the PSN site, where you can't do shit, before I figured out that I need to login to the SEN site.

[quote name='MellowSeth']Should have known i guess... Lurkers lurk everywhere lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MellowSeth']Should have known i guess... Lurkers lurk everywhere lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tried it 12 minutes after you posted and it was already redeemed. I guess in CAG time, that might as well be a day.

That's why whenever I have a free code to give I always say PM me for it so at least I know who its going to. It was a nice gesture though.

[quote name='animemaniac14']mine shipped yesterday morning, received it couple hours ago, and I STILL haven't received my free 30 days of ps plus :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Mine shipped the 21st, and I just got my code today. Be patient, grasshopper.

I think it was mentioned before that a credit card is required. Thanks for reminding me. Put my CC info on PSN? Now I'm glad the code was used. :)

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol i woulda been the first to claim it (and say thx) but my cc info kept coming up as invalid. dunno y they require a cc for a trial but oh well. no biggie[/QUOTE]

Got my game today and it's the original (non-Greatest Hits) so I would assume anyone who's still waiting will also be getting the original.

[quote name='Solatso']Got my game today and it's the original (non-Greatest Hits) so I would assume anyone who's still waiting will also be getting the original.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. THanks...and thanks to all who posted to let me know. I decided to keep the order, so I'm glad it's still the original black labeled version and not a GH version. :D

doesn't sony usually announce games going greatest hits? i wouldn't think it's been selling that well to get red label so quick..

[quote name='nieon']doesn't sony usually announce games going greatest hits? i wouldn't think it's been selling that well to get red label so quick..[/QUOTE]

Im not surprised. The demand for this collection to be made was higher than you think. Especially after the revealing of the last guardian. More people wanted to play ico as Its not easy to find so this collection was a no brainer to make for sony. I knew this would hit 500,000 copys or more sold pretty quickly for the gh tag to be put on it

[quote name='gantt']I think it was mentioned before that a credit card is required. Thanks for reminding me. Put my CC info on PSN? Now I'm glad the code was used. :)[/QUOTE]

I believe IATCG mentioned adding free 1 month codes with a prepaid card(Visa or whatever) that was empty.

[quote name='nieon']doesn't sony usually announce games going greatest hits? i wouldn't think it's been selling that well to get red label so quick..[/QUOTE]

Sometimes they do...perhaps at least with their 1st party titles. But I received a GH version of Red Dead Redemption GOTY during their $19.99 sale. Amazon just now updated their site to reflect RDR: GOTY as a GH title. Then again, RDR: GOTY isn't a Sony 1st party title.

In any case...it's good to hear that ICO/SotC Collection is still black labeled. :D

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']I believe IATCG mentioned adding free 1 month codes with a prepaid card(Visa or whatever) that was empty.[/QUOTE]

:applause: IATCG: the man is... nefarious.

So is there anything that says after the free month, you get to keep stuff you bought with the discount while it was active, like they did when they gave everyone free PS+ after the hack? Basically if I buy a DLC for a game I already own while in my free month using the discount PS+ offers, do I keep the DLC after the month is over and I don't renew, or is it tied to the account and becomes inactive. I know they made exception after the hack, but what's the policy now? I'm not talking about the free stuff, only about things actually bought with the discount.

[quote name='gantt']:applause: IATCG: the man is... nefarious.[/QUOTE]

Lol! Nefarious rules!:D

[quote name='walkonshadows']So is there anything that says after the free month, you get to keep stuff you bought with the discount while it was active, like they did when they gave everyone free PS+ after the hack? Basically if I buy a DLC for a game I already own while in my free month using the discount PS+ offers, do I keep the DLC after the month is over and I don't renew, or is it tied to the account and becomes inactive. I know they made exception after the hack, but what's the policy now? I'm not talking about the free stuff, only about things actually bought with the discount.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Whatever you spend money on, you keep. Also, I think the free avatars and themes/dynamic themes are yours to keep, too!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']

Yes. Whatever you spend money on, you keep. Also, I think the free avatars and themes/dynamic themes are yours to keep, too![/QUOTE]

Thank You much.

I just wanted to say thanks op for giving us the heads up on this deal. I've been wanting to try these games out for a while now. I ordered my copy on the 15th and it was shipped this past Friday. It should be coming in around Tuesday or Wednesday. Also yay for free ps+ I just got my code.

Back in stock, and still $19.99. it's worth noting that newegg.com has it for the same price with free shipping outright (Amazon you have to get to $25), but they don't have the free month of PS+. However at this moment they are still showing out of stock, but many of you were waiting on Amazon to come back in stock anyhow.FYI

[quote name='walkonshadows']Back in stock, and still $19.99. it's worth noting that newegg.com has it for the same price with free shipping outright (Amazon you have to get to $25), but they don't have the free month of PS+. However at this moment they are still showing out of stock, but many of you were waiting on Amazon to come back in stock anyhow.FYI[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up. reordered it since i canceled my original order haha.

I love how every one of these HD collections has went on sale, most several times, except for the ONE I didn't but at launch. Is the J&C Collection ever going on sale?!?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I love how every one of these HD collections has went on sale, most several times, except for the ONE I didn't but at launch. Is the J&C Collection ever going on sale?!?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the Jak and Daxter collection? If so I think that one came out well less then a year ago. Anyways I suspect all the collections might go down to 20 dollars though stuff like ratchet and clank, MGS HD, etc are all worth 29.99 IMHO. Well, if you want to play them in HD/3D or "have" to re-buy them.

Personally I'd love to try a 3D tv/display on Sly cooper games and SotC. Won't plonk down 1,000+ for a 3D set though and with the horrible complaints about the ps3 3D display I guess I might not touch that even at 199.99.

I have a PSN+ trial code for giveaway...the third PM I receive gets it!

EDIT: Code is gone, to thegreatone313. FerDK missed it by mere seconds! Thanks for playing, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fire2box']Do you mean the Jak and Daxter collection? If so I think that one came out well less then a year ago. Anyways I suspect all the collections might go down to 20 dollars though stuff like ratchet and clank, MGS HD, etc are all worth 29.99 IMHO. Well, if you want to play them in HD/3D or "have" to re-buy them.

Personally I'd love to try a 3D tv/display on Sly cooper games and SotC. Won't plonk down 1,000+ for a 3D set though and with the horrible complaints about the ps3 3D display I guess I might not touch that even at 199.99.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. I was posting from my phone.

I ordered this on Saturday, and it said it was out of stock. I just received it today/tuesday anyway. Clear case and the extra month just added on to my year subscription. I don't have a credit card on file with psn either. Great deal.

[quote name='sikct9a']Mine finally shipped, super stoked. Looking forward on playing shadow in 3d.:D[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much experience you have with this game but "Shadow" is one of the best games to hit consoles, ever! I had this game for PS2 and was super stoked when they were re-releasing it on the PS3.

Playing this game in 3D is phenomenal. Best game I have ever played in 3D. You'll seriously enjoy it. If I'm going to demo gaming in 3D, I always put in this game without hesitation. It's the best showcase of depth and the environments are pretty spectacular in 3D.

Just wait until you see the character in the castle and rotate the camera around him while this sucker is in 3D. Jaw dropping!

picked up a copy as well.

I love the 30 days free of PS+.

i've actually been looking for deals for playstation plus if anyone knows of any going on.

I've been wanting to download LittleBigPLanet 2 for free for the longest..lolol

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Mine shipped today.

I got a free PSN plus trial code that I do not need. First person to PM me gets it. Please remember you must have a CC on file on PSN to use it.[/QUOTE]
pm sent

[quote name='dark-star']I have a PSN+ trial code for giveaway...the third PM I receive gets it!

EDIT: Code is gone, to thegreatone313. FerDK missed it by mere seconds! Thanks for playing, everyone![/QUOTE]

Thanks anyway :)

Shadow is on sale for PSN+ members this month for under $10, if someone wants it but not ICO.

Funny, but used copies of the collection seem to sell for more than the new amazon copy price.

I placed my order on the 25th. The game has shipped and will be here Thursday (would be today but 4th of july and all that). I haven't recieved the code in an email. Sent Amazon an email about it. Anyone else have this problem? I was going to wait for Ico/Shadow to be cheaper but I wanted that free month for those games. ;_; Hawlp!

[quote name='Tonious']I placed my order on the 25th. The game has shipped and will be here Thursday (would be today but 4th of july and all that). I haven't recieved the code in an email. Sent Amazon an email about it. Anyone else have this problem? I was going to wait for Ico/Shadow to be cheaper but I wanted that free month for those games. ;_; Hawlp![/QUOTE]

Same here, Im still waiting on my PS Plus code, but I haunt emailed amazon about it. Figure I would give it a little more time before i do. I might later tonight though. I got my copy 2 days ago. (i had it one day shipped)

I received my code about 3 days after it shipped. When you ordered doesnt matter, its when it actually ships. Just be patient.

[quote name='Tonious']I placed my order on the 25th. The game has shipped and will be here Thursday (would be today but 4th of july and all that). I haven't recieved the code in an email. Sent Amazon an email about it. Anyone else have this problem? I was going to wait for Ico/Shadow to be cheaper but I wanted that free month for those games. ;_; Hawlp![/QUOTE]

Yea got it today, so just wait it out a bit more, it will come.

bread's done
Back