Ico Collection HD

[quote name='ninja dog']i don't remember the game being that blurry![/QUOTE]
It's because we were used to SD TV's back then, duh.

I can't believe so many people are bitching about the cover art. I hope there's a deal like the GoW Collection last year ($20 credit for PSN). Then I'd definitely get it.

[quote name='icedrake523']I can't believe so many people are bitching about the cover art. I hope there's a deal like the GoW Collection last year ($20 credit for PSN). Then I'd definitely get it.[/QUOTE]

christ people, i was kidding about the cover art determining my purchase. :lol:

edit, just heard SOTC on PS3 is going to be 3d.

[quote name='dallow']He means the HD version, but I don't understand why he'd have to wait a year. The collection isn't out anytime soon.

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for a holiday release, but if not it gives me more time to play it on PS2. I won't buy it at release, I wait until most games are sub $20 now to get them.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well I didn't expect that bait to be taken that quickly but you do realize you've just discounted virtually every game ever produced before the 360? there were no games worth playing in the entire SNES library?, nothing worth playing on the gamecube library? or the original xbox library?[/QUOTE]

Genesis was HD. ;)

[quote name='panzerfaust']play SOTC, now.[/QUOTE]

Should I play Ico first?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I read on PSBlog that both games run in 30fps (and not 60) and I typed a bunch of nasty words here but then I watched the trailer and I think I'm OK now.

Seriously though, 30fps? I know that's an order of magnitude over PS2 SotC but come on.

[quote name='metaly']So I read on PSBlog that both games run in 30fps (and not 60) and I typed a bunch of nasty words here but then I watched the trailer and I think I'm OK now.

Seriously though, 30fps? I know that's an order of magnitude over PS2 SotC but come on.
[/QUOTE]

You do know that 30fps is perfectly fine for games like this, right? This isn't God of War or an FPS where split-second twitch work is required.

Hopefully it stays locked in at 30 FPS then, and not change to 5-10 FPS when you go against a Collosus.

[quote name='FroMann']Hopefully it stays locked in at 30 FPS then, and not change to 5-10 FPS when you go against a Collosus.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked the slow motion blur that created, to be honest. Frame rate was an issue but it hardly made the game unplayable.

30FPS is fine, it looks more cinematic that way (movies run at like 25 or so I think)

Shame we gotta wait a good 8 months or so on it though, would've loved having this for a holiday release.

Good news for those who hate the cover art

http://kotaku.com/5639441/team-ico-collection-out-in-2011-has-some-surprises

Those worrying about Ico's awful North American box art, series head Fumito Ueda says he "has some concerns about that", and will "hopefully be addressing that problem".

This is also interesting
As a treat for American and Japanese gamers, the European version - which had a slightly different ending - will become the "universal" version, released across all three territories.

[quote name='Vinny']It's the same art style... the older one is just blurry, the newer one is HD.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the motion blur more than the HD graphics all I am saying. I know 99% of people are :drool: over the graphics sadly I am nor are most of my friends part of that crowd.

[quote name='icedrake523']This is also interesting[/QUOTE]
Man, I wish they'd alter the game back to the original BEFORE release. ICO has spoken language during the game that can't be understood and the original intent was to allow players to replay the game with translated subtitles during cutscenes. It was cut just before release for whatever reason. Guess they liked keeping it a mystery.

[quote name='dallow']What?

That option is already in the Euro version. It translates what she said to throughout the game.[/QUOTE]
LIES! I thought it was totally cut from the game? If it's included in this bundle, then it makes it all the more worth picking up!

[quote name='Jodou']HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. This. Is. Awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haQSSO9G58[/QUOTE]

That's on an emulator, just so you guys know.

That being said, it does showcase just how good the game looks already. This release could change practically nothing and it would still be amazing, although I'm hoping for more improvements like GoW Collection made.

Ah word. I just saw it advertised by a gaming site as first HD footage; my bad. BTW, make sure to watch the Mega64 video afterward lol. Love those guys.

[quote name='icedrake523']
http://kotaku.com/5639441/team-ico-collection-out-in-2011-has-some-surprises
[/QUOTE]

This is friggin awesome. This is like forward compatible 360 games. Every game should be like this where it gets better with age and easter eggs should be included such as this new ending that can be unlocked years later, only without having to rebuy them. Don't tell Activision this or they'll make it as DLC. Alternate ending $2.99.

[quote name='J7.']This is friggin awesome. This is like forward compatible 360 games. Every game should be like this where it gets better with age and easter eggs should be included such as this new ending that can be unlocked years later, only without having to rebuy them. Don't tell Activision this or they'll make it as DLC. Alternate ending $2.99.[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome if we could just pop in a PS2 copy of Ico and gain the new ending. Not that I'm complaining about having to re-purchase Ico.

New ending? Hmm, well Shadow of the Colossus was a prequel to Ico, so maybe the new ending has something to do/tie in with The Last Guardian? I'm excited!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']New ending? Hmm, well Shadow of the Colossus was a prequel to Ico, so maybe the new ending has something to do/tie in with The Last Guardian? I'm excited![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. This ending is only new to American gamers. It was the ending for the PS2 Ico in all other territories. We got the game first by a few months, and suffered for it in the end. I'll be glad to finally get subtitles for the dialogue, another feature of the non-American Ico, even though I might end up regretting that.

it's not a new ending. it's my understanding it just unlocks the subtitles option which you got when you beat the Euro version but not in the NA. I didn't think there was anything in the ending that was actually different.

[quote name='Wolfkin']it's not a new ending. it's my understanding it just unlocks the subtitles option which you got when you beat the Euro version but not in the NA. I didn't think there was anything in the ending that was actually different.[/QUOTE]

There is something added but it's not a new ending the way that you might be thinking. There's nothing that actually affects the story. From what I know, we American gamers have been missing three things in our Ico: subtitles, watermelons, and lightsabers.

bread's done
Back