ICO for PS2 (OOS again) at GS.com for $34.99

[quote name='jubeininja69']i'll never buy from gamestop.com again since they resurface their discs.[/QUOTE]

i bought an ico from gs awhile back, disc only, resurfaced, cloudiest disc ive ever seen. works though.

I just got one in the mail it doesn't have original packaging, scratched to hell, and freezes on the first cut scene. Thanks gamestop!

i got mine in the mail today. generic case, no manual, blue back disc, is in decent shape.

i tried playing my copy in pcsx2 (ps2 emulator) and it froze in the 3rd cutscene (as expected, documented in the compatibility list), but it played fine in my old skool launch ps2 fat from 2000.

[quote name='mrbomb']I just got one in the mail it doesn't have original packaging, scratched to hell, and freezes on the first cut scene. Thanks gamestop![/QUOTE]

FLOL...they had Ico in stock online during the last B2G1, so I said fuck it and tried my luck to see how many I could order. It allowed me to add 19 to my cart, so I just subtracted one and used the B2G1FREE, FREESHIP, and my Edge to get the 18 copies for about $19.xx each. They came in 3 separate orders of 9, 2, and 7 - only two of the 18 copies total had the manual, and only 7 had the original insert. The rest were in the generic Gamestop DVD cases. Two discs were scratched up slightly and the rest were actually in near mint/virtually unscratched to flawless mint condition. Only 3 were resurfaced/polished outside of the two that still had scratches.

I returned the 2 scratched up ones to the local Gamestop and have sold another 9 of them over the past couple of months online. I ended up exchanging another copy last week for a complete and flawless mint copy last week at another Gamestop where some idiot had traded in a simply perfect copy - all of the other copies within 100 miles of LA/SoCal are "defective" and scratched to hell and back.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']FLOL...they had Ico in stock online during the last B2G1, so I said fuck it and tried my luck to see how many I could order. It allowed me to add 19 to my cart, so I just subtracted one and used the B2G1FREE, FREESHIP, and my Edge to get the 18 copies for about $19.xx each. They came in 3 separate orders of 9, 2, and 7 - only two of the 18 copies total had the manual, and only 7 had the original insert. The rest were in the generic Gamestop DVD cases. Two discs were scratched up slightly and the rest were actually in near mint/virtually unscratched to flawless mint condition. Only 3 were resurfaced/polished outside of the two that still had scratches.

I returned the 2 scratched up ones to the local Gamestop and have sold another 9 of them over the past couple of months online. I ended up exchanging another copy last week for a complete and flawless mint copy last week at another Gamestop where some idiot had traded in a simply perfect copy - all of the other copies within 100 miles of LA/SoCal are "defective" and scratched to hell and back.[/QUOTE]

oh so that's why i can't find one during b2g1 free thanks a lot!

it would've come all scratched up anyway.

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL...they had Ico in stock online during the last B2G1, so I said fuck it and tried my luck to see how many I could order. It allowed me to add 19 to my cart, so I just subtracted one and used the B2G1FREE, FREESHIP, and my Edge to get the 18 copies for about $19.xx each. They came in 3 separate orders of 9, 2, and 7 - only two of the 18 copies total had the manual, and only 7 had the original insert. The rest were in the generic Gamestop DVD cases. Two discs were scratched up slightly and the rest were actually in near mint/virtually unscratched to flawless mint condition. Only 3 were resurfaced/polished outside of the two that still had scratches.

I returned the 2 scratched up ones to the local Gamestop and have sold another 9 of them over the past couple of months online. I ended up exchanging another copy last week for a complete and flawless mint copy last week at another Gamestop where some idiot had traded in a simply perfect copy - all of the other copies within 100 miles of LA/SoCal are "defective" and scratched to hell and back.[/QUOTE]
Cool story, el hoardo.

omg......have you no shame?

[quote name='kratos1010']Until we get the full version, I won't buy it. I've actually been considering getting the PAL copy instead.[/QUOTE]

The GS near me actually has a Japanese version. I saw it during a recent B2G1 sale, thought for a second "hmm, cover art is different" and then realized why. Weird thing was that if it had a manual I would have considered getting it. Not that I can read a single character of Japanese or can play import PS2 games ...

[quote name='J7.']Cool story, el hoardo.[/QUOTE]

Hah, seriously. This sort of shit is exactly why it's so hard to find copies of a game that should be easy to find, given that it was a Greatest Hits title and all. But when hoarders snatch up every copy that appears to put up on eBay at extremely inflated prices, it artificially makes the game expensive. Jackasses. (Of course, it doesn't help that there are apparently idiots out there willing to pay those prices . . . )

Around here, the GameStop employees themselves are hoarders, so it's rare for a copy to ever even make it to the shelf if it comes in. If it does, it's because it's in such bad condition that even they don't want it.

What I don't understand is why, if there's so much demand, Sony doesn't do another small print run to meet it, thwart the hoarders, and make money off of a game that people clearly still want to buy. Surely they can see what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got in my copy from GS.com.. had a big fucking crack on one side of the disc. I didn't even bother trying to boot it. Took it straight to GameStop and got my money back. :(

So you're admitting being a piece of shit?

Cool. You rock dude! :bouncy:

[quote name='arcane93']Hah, seriously. This sort of shit is exactly why it's so hard to find copies of a game that should be easy to find, given that it was a Greatest Hits title and all.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a Greatest Hits version of Ico. Not in a store or on eBay or anywhere. GameFAQs and Wikipedia claim it was released as a GH, but I've never seen 'em. If they exist, then THOSE are definitely rare (because if it's not being sold on eBay it has to be rare).

What did they cut from the US version? I googled it but didn't find anything.

Also, can anybody speak to the rumored Ico and Shadow of the Colossus 720p PS3 versions?

[quote name='salty tbone']I've never seen a Greatest Hits version of Ico. Not in a store or on eBay or anywhere. GameFAQs and Wikipedia claim it was released as a GH, but I've never seen 'em. If they exist, then THOSE are definitely rare (because if it's not being sold on eBay it has to be rare).[/QUOTE]

I agree, I've never seen a GH version of Ico. Has anyone seen one? If you have, can you post a pic?

[quote name='macschwag14']What did they cut from the US version? I googled it but didn't find anything.

Also, can anybody speak to the rumored Ico and Shadow of the Colossus 720p PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

I think that's just a rumor floating around the internet.

[quote name='arcane93']Hah, seriously. This sort of shit is exactly why it's so hard to find copies of a game that should be easy to find, given that it was a Greatest Hits title and all. But when hoarders snatch up every copy that appears to put up on eBay at extremely inflated prices, it artificially makes the game expensive. Jackasses. (Of course, it doesn't help that there are apparently idiots out there willing to pay those prices . . . )

Around here, the GameStop employees themselves are hoarders, so it's rare for a copy to ever even make it to the shelf if it comes in. If it does, it's because it's in such bad condition that even they don't want it.

What I don't understand is why, if there's so much demand, Sony doesn't do another small print run to meet it, thwart the hoarders, and make money off of a game that people clearly still want to buy. Surely they can see what's going on.[/QUOTE]

It definitely is annoying.. Although, the hoarders are going to go crazy when it's finally released on the PSN.

[quote name='macschwag14']What did they cut from the US version? I googled it but didn't find anything.

Also, can anybody speak to the rumored Ico and Shadow of the Colossus 720p PS3 versions?[/QUOTE]

"Reportedly PAL and NTSCJ versions have improved AI, optional multiplayer mode, Yorda and Queen lines translated, optional film effect post-processing and additional secret weapon (lightsaber) after the first playthrough, more complex shadows, some locations/puzzles modifyied (waterfall)..."

I hope you get hit by a bus.

[quote name='n2Deepeth']I remember the days when you could get it for less than $15.[/QUOTE]

I remember when I would see this all the time at Fry's and then I finally decided to get it after playing Shadow Of The Colossus. I think I paid $10.00 for it. Ugly ass cover though. I need to get me a good printer and print out the PAL cover.

340x395_preowned.jpg

I swear I have a copy of ICO somewhere in my house. I've been missing out on this gem for some time now and I really don't want to repurchase it again if I know it's somewhere!

Plus, maybe we'll see a HD remake on the PS3 (akin to the GoW Collection)?

Big middle finger to Gamestop for another price increase and the hoarders in SoCal for making it harder for me to find a complete copy in store! I seriously hope that Sony does release a Team ICO collection for the PS3 like the GoW collection so the price value of it will drop. Power to the players my ass! :bomb:

[quote name='pspgameboy926']Big middle finger to Gamestop for another price increase and the hoarders in SoCal for making it harder for me to find a complete copy in store! I seriously hope that Sony does release a Team ICO collection for the PS3 like the GoW collection so the price value of it will drop. Power to the players my ass! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Hmmm ... very interesting. I could see that happening, actually.

Ico
Shadow of Colossus
and the Last Guardian

That would be a great way to build hype for what will undeniably be yet another "sad" exclusive Sony game.

Man, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Heavy Rain, and soon, the Last Guardian (probably, based on the title) -- what's with all the "sad" games ...?

Saw a complete copy at one of my local B&Ms. Apparently the in-store price has risen to $39.99. Crazy. And FYI, it's in stock again on gamestop.com.

Tempted but every used game I've bought from gamestop online has had to be returned to b&m due to poor disc condition (damn you gs!). Sony should greatest hits this game already or open up a ps2 store on psn.

At least we can still buy Shadow of the Colossus new for $20 :)

You should be banned from CAG. If I look a picture for hoarding on wikipedia, you come up. Go back to fat wallet.

i bought ico a long time ago for like $15 at gamestop. I remember trying it out and not liking it but that was a long time ago I should go find it and give it another go.

Speaking of ICO, I JUST purchased one a few days ago at a local Gamestop and the damn thing looked like it was taken out of the shrinkwrap and traded in. It was PRISTINE. Of course I bought it for my collection and I'm happy I did.

A lot of gamestops near me suddenly show in stock for this. I guess $35 is a little too much for a used copy.

ICO is one of my favorite PS2 games.. excellent platformer.. great art, great puzzles.. it'll tug at your heart strings too. It was originally designed as a PS1 game but later converted to PS2 since the developers realized the PS2 was more powerful and coming out during ICO's development. I hope they do an HD version for PS3.

[quote name='PhrostByte']ICO is one of my favorite PS2 games.. excellent platformer.. great art, great puzzles.. it'll tug at your heart strings too. It was originally designed as a PS1 game but later converted to PS2 since the developers realized the PS2 was more powerful and coming out during ICO's development. I hope they do an HD version for PS3.[/QUOTE]

Well they are releasing Last Guardian this year so I supposed there is hope like the God of War pack.

bread's done
Back