ICO (PS2) - $23.62 shipped at GameStop (25USED + EDGE)

I'd just wait this one out since there's a rumor about a Team ICO PS3 Collection - ICO and Shadow of the Colossus remastered in HD.

New and sealed it might go for 120. Used you can buy it off ebay for around $30. Awesome game any which way. I'd wait for the HD collection though.

[quote name='ShockandAww']New and sealed it might go for 120. Used you can buy it off ebay for around $30. Awesome game any which way. I'd wait for the HD collection though.[/QUOTE]

Yup that's mine :bouncy:

I bought copy used for 8 bucks. Even though I have both Shadow of the Colossus and Ico for the PS2 I still plan on getting the HD remakes.

23 dollars shipped seems like a pretty good price. You can only hope for a case and manual though.

I sold one of my ICO's when the rumor came out, and I'm going to keep my other one forever because it's sort of a legend of the PS2 era. I'd rather have a complete hard original copy in hand just as a collector's item.

My BBV has one used without a manual for 9.99, but it has a scratch on the outer edge...looks kinda like a cut in the disc, but more of a scuff than a scratch...should I gamble 10 bucks for it?

Totally not worth it. I got maybe 6 hours out of Ico, and they were 6 mostly dull, plodding hours. And remember, buying online at GS = no guarantee of instructions and original case. You might be able to sell Ico on ebay for $30+ if it's complete and in very good condition, but just the disc alone? If you're looking at this from the perspective of being able to flip it on ebay after you're done with it, there's a good chance you're not gonna get your money back.

This isn't such a bad deal if your local GS has a good copy you could swap for. I just sold a copy for $45 on amazon the other day.

I'd probably be in for it since my local GS does have a good copy in stock but at this point I'll just wait for the collection and hold on to my one copy I have now.

Cant we just have a sticky for th 25% off used code?

No offense to people trying to help others but I keep seeing alot of threads for one game saying you can get it cheaper for 25% off code. Isnt that redundant? If the code is off any used game on their site then it includes ico and its not like they are having a special on ico itself and no other game.

Whats next? Threads saying you can get street fighter 4 or maybe gears of war 25% off with the code? Hell why not make a thread for each used game lamestop has on their site?

And yes at one time ico was quite expensive, but its not so much anymore. Ever since sony announced it was getting the re-release HD treatment ala god of war the price bottomed out because people know they can buy better versions of it soon enough. Most of the really expensive copies on ebay are buyitnow's that have been sitting there for weeks. Hell I see a US copy on ebay right now complete for 37 bucks and 3 dollars shipping.

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Totally not worth it. I got maybe 6 hours out of Ico, and they were 6 mostly dull, plodding hours.[/QUOTE]

I think Ico is great mainly due to the fact that it really tests your mental acumen and you will either be able to complete it or just get frustrated and give up and sit in the fetal position for a few days. Maybe I'm just slow, but I actually required another person with me snowballing solutions for some of the game's puzzles, so that's about as clever and Zelda-like as you can get. I didn't even notice the fact that the game lacks myriad enemies because it is so relentlessly smart...I think in this case the PUZZLES are your enemy. Seriously...they're ingenious. I think for people who actually want to play the game, this is a steal - granted, if they have no other choice and can't go the Amazon $41 used route.

[quote name='yarkitty123']I think Ico is great mainly due to the fact that it really tests your mental acumen and you will either be able to complete it or just get frustrated and give up and sit in the fetal position for a few days.[/QUOTE]

I almost gave up on the windmill "boss". I can't remember what it was about it that made it so frustratingly hard to figure out, but it was tough. IIRC after that point the rest of the game pretty much came naturally to me.

[quote name='yarkitty123']I think Ico is great mainly due to the fact that it really tests your mental acumen and you will either be able to complete it or just get frustrated and give up and sit in the fetal position for a few days. Maybe I'm just slow, but I actually required another person with me snowballing solutions for some of the game's puzzles, so that's about as clever and Zelda-like as you can get. I didn't even notice the fact that the game lacks myriad enemies because it is so relentlessly smart...I think in this case the PUZZLES are your enemy. Seriously...they're ingenious. I think for people who actually want to play the game, this is a steal - granted, if they have no other choice and can't go the Amazon $41 used route.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. +1 for you yarkitty123

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Totally not worth it. I got maybe 6 hours out of Ico, and they were 6 mostly dull, plodding hours. And remember, buying online at GS = no guarantee of instructions and original case. You might be able to sell Ico on ebay for $30+ if it's complete and in very good condition, but just the disc alone? If you're looking at this from the perspective of being able to flip it on ebay after you're done with it, there's a good chance you're not gonna get your money back.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I've never understood the enjoyment people have gotten out of ICO. I was literally yawning in boredom over the span of finishing this game. It's ugly and boring, the gameplay is just running around climbing ropes and defending a girl in a dress, and there is virtually nothing happening ever. I believe I bought it for $10 way back in the day, and even then, I felt like I got ripped off.

Not sure how much ICO still holds up to today's standards, but I would buy it in a heartbeat if there was a PS3 collection w/ Shadow of the Colossus

Very cool feel to the game. Not the greatest game though. Does anyone know which version this is? The European version had some changes to it.

bread's done
Back