ICO ps2 in stock @ gamestop.com 19.99

Nice find. You can use the 20% off coupon if you find it in-store (or online coupons CAG16 for 16% off and SAVER for free shipping on used purchase over $25) + bonus 10% off with edge card.

I would bite if I already didn't have a copy. Great game filled with cool puzzles. Cheers!

this is an ok deal. Ico is available knew for like 18.99 on amazon. and used its going for around 9.99 on amazon. So I'd just hit that up.

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']this is an ok deal. Ico is available knew for like 18.99 on amazon. and used its going for around 9.99 on amazon. So I'd just hit that up.[/quote]

This is a joke right? What Amazon have you been going to?

[quote name='killer9']greatest game ever dont listen to uberninjaz[/quote]

I bought it for $10 or so from Sears a couple of years ago when they had it on clearance. I got sick of dragging what's-her-face around with me the whole damn time, so I quit the game and I never went back to it.

I did end up picking up SOTC though when it clearanced @ Target, but since I had just ended up buying a PS3 I ended up putting that game away and haven't taken it back out to try and finish it yet either.

This game is either a 'love it' or 'hate it' and for me, it was a severe HATE IT.

Bought this used but brand new from a local School supplies store! I was surprised it was in great condition and that it was being sold there for $10. Its a really great game, even with the dated graphics.

[quote name='shibaraski']I think he got confused with "Shadow of Colossus"
ICO is $26 used at Amazon.[/quote]

yo my bad, I was indeed looking at shadow of the colossus. I take back my comment! haha sorry! Good Deal!

I love the puzzles but combat sucked hard. This could have been a better game without any combat.

Ico was great, it's a classic. I wish they had ICO 3 on the xbox, but they are a ps3 exclusive studio so not much chance on that.

That being said, it's not everyone's cup of tea. If you like puzzle games, it's great even with the simple combat. I hate puzzle games and I still liked it however. I would place it in an exploration and adventure game, more like games such as a graphical zork or planetfall.

The save system where you both have to go to a save couch, and she rests her head on your shoulder just before the save is cute too...

Shadow of the Collosus is more action oriented, it's very good, but even with the ps2 launch graphics I thought ICO was a better game.

good game. if you can find it used, i suggest you buy it and play it. i would have if this was in stock, i traded my copy awhile back. i did however, purchased a few sealed copies from Sears for $4.97 3 years ago.

i bought this game several years ago and enjoyed it. but be aware on an hdtv it looks pretty terrible imo. i never tried it upscaled on my 60 gig ps3 though so i might be wrong. when the team ico's next game is announced this game will be harder to find.

[quote name='the_punisher']IDk, is this STILL good? I just tried playing SotC, and it was unplayable. I guess it was good when it came out...[/quote]

Well since you don't like SotC you probably won't dig Ico. Secondly, you have bad taste. I'm sorry, I hate to be so blunt and to be the guy to break it to you, but yeah, you have bad taste.

I just played SotC and Ico for the first time earlier this year, and graphically Ico especially doesn't hold up all that well on an HDTV, but the game itself is awesome and oozes atmosphere. The puzzles are great, the gameplay is like no other. SotC similarly looks sub par on an HDTV, oozes atmosphere at every pore, and has gameplay like nothing else.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe you should find a game with some generic bald space marines in it. :beer:

[quote name='charlescheese']Well since you don't like SotC you probably won't dig Ico. Secondly, you have bad taste. I'm sorry, I hate to be so blunt and to be the guy to break it to you, but yeah, you have bad taste.

I just played SotC and Ico for the first time earlier this year, and graphically Ico especially doesn't hold up all that well on an HDTV, but the game itself is awesome and oozes atmosphere. The puzzles are great, the gameplay is like no other. SotC similarly looks sub par on an HDTV, oozes atmosphere at every pore, and has gameplay like nothing else.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe you should find a game with some generic bald space marines in it. :beer:[/quote]

just found this game w/manual too at Blockbuster for $14.99 used..and I LOVED SotC...so I think I'm gonna try out this game instead of selling it (which was my intention when i bought it)

[quote name='charlescheese']Well since you don't like SotC you probably won't dig Ico. Secondly, you have bad taste. I'm sorry, I hate to be so blunt and to be the guy to break it to you, but yeah, you have bad taste.
[/quote]

If video games are art, when did art become objective? Art is in eye of its beholder.

I found a complete mint copy for $8 at game crazy.. but got it for FREE as they were doing buy 3 $8+ get 1 free.. I got suikoden III ($10), .hack ($10) and Ikaruga ($13).. all complete and MINT.. so I was pretty happy, especially because I paid all with store credit I had since over a year ago from flipping trades.. go search your local GC..

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe you should find a game with some generic bald space marines in it. :beer:[/quote]

Anyone who doesn't agree with you has bad taste. Also, people who enjoy games with bald space marines can't appreciate any other kind of game.

I'm sorry, I hate to be so blunt and to be the guy to break it to you, but yeah, you are a snob.

You know, I've never had "fun" playing Ico, really.
But it is one of the best games I have ever played.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Was this the "spiritual" sequel, or prequel to Shadow of the Colossus?[/quote]

its kinda the sequel. if u beat sotc u get
horns at the end

and the guy in this game also has
horns

so ive always thought that
the horns are a curse that is passed down.

also,
the shadow people in this game look very similar to the shadows in sotc

which would make sense because
they are the souls of other horned kids, so they are trapped on earth until the curse is broken

similar to
the shadows in sotc were the spirit of the trapped evil guy, who was cursed and split into the colossuses

and just maybe
the queen in ico is the girl from sotc, who has part of the evil guy in her
i might be wrong on that last one though since its been a while since i pieced it all together.

and you probably should read any of those spoilers if ur interested in the story in ico or sotc

This is just a heads up for those people with wonky PS2's, as this game is a blue disc(CD), which some of the older systems may have had difficulties reading properly.

So, if you've had issues with DRE's in the past, you may want to steer clear of this game.

[quote name='the_punisher']I just tried playing SotC, and it was unplayable. I guess it was good when it came out...[/quote]

What? Unplayable? Good when it came out? SotC isn't that old, you're talking about it like it's some antiquated Atari 2600 game.

That is NOT AMAZON.... that is 3rd party sellers on amazon, BIG HUGE DIFF.

Amazon = free shipping, no tax
3rd party on amazon = OVER PRICED SHIPPING + TAX + SLOW 3rd party shipping and crappy 3rd party customer support

I bought a copy of Ico from ebgames.com a few months ago and it came scratched to hell. My copy didn't even get past the first 2 minutes of the game before freezing on both my PS2 and PS3. Due to my procastination I was unable to return my copy to the website so I just traded it in to EBX after I found a perfectly used copy of Ico at gametrader in Beaverton, OR for $19.99. Also my copy came with no manual or instructions which is noted on the site but sucks nonetheless.

Ico is a blue disc also which on some older PS2's if they are not cleaned properly might not work.

[quote name='Vegan']What? Unplayable? Good when it came out? SotC isn't that old, you're talking about it like it's some antiquated Atari 2600 game.[/quote]

lets be honest, both games are beautiful, but i think the biggest problems in both games are the controls. in ICO the fighting is a pain, along with most of the movements you have to perform, and dealing with yorda just plain sucks.

sotc the controls have been much improved, but still not at the top of the platform genre. antiquated, no. frustrating controls, at times, yes.

they are both great games, its not like they're orphan!

[quote name='ctrek3'] but still not at the top of the platform genre ![/QUOTE]

They are NOT PLATFORMERS. If someone wants to punch mushrooms and butt stomp magic monsters, mario has you covered.

Neither of these games are driven by coin collecathons or mascots w/ a 'tude. The new prince of persia coming out completely steals the yorda mechanic (simply flips it so instead of you helping yorda climb, she helps you.. same idea in reverse)

That being said ICO is a godly experience. People expecting a fast paced mushroom humping experience will be disappointed.

People playing SOTC and expecting God of War combat and controls are also in for a shock. Both games are about emotion and atmosphere.

Yes the camera in SOTC is garbage, but even w/ the 'loose" controls and unpredictable camera, the game is about solving the boss battles, not timed button mashing.

[quote name='the_punisher']IDk, is this STILL good? I just tried playing SotC, and it was unplayable. I guess it was good when it came out...[/QUOTE]

Ico is a great game.....I tried playing Shadow of the Colossus recently and stopped at the beginning. Did not like it......Ico is another story......fun game which I still own after all of this time. I have finished Ico at least 2-3 times and will most definitely play it again in the future.

Because games with piss-poor frame rates, unresponsive controls and repetitive level design are only for those with refined tastes...

I liked SotC, but I wouldn't question anyone's taste for absolutely hating the game. The actual game is broken and a chore to play... The scope of the enemies and the atmosphere save the game but do not elevate it to masterpiece status.

As for Ico, I think it's better than its successor but almost entirely different. The controls are pretty similar, the frame rate (if I remember correctly) is more consistent, and the exploration is a little less sparse.

[quote name='expane']They are NOT PLATFORMERS. If someone wants to punch mushrooms and butt stomp magic monsters, mario has you covered.
[/quote]

yeah i figured that comment would piss someone off. i just put them in that category, cause honestly, thats the best one they fit in.

yeah i get they are not about button mashing, and i am cool with that, it's nice to play something that is different. all i'm saying is, is it really too much to ask that the controls be a little more fluid and spot on.

like i said they are not bad games, i enjoy both of them (still working on them), but have to put them down after a while because the controls drive me nuts.

[quote name='brittonrupp']i bought this game several years ago and enjoyed it. but be aware on an hdtv it looks pretty terrible imo. i never tried it upscaled on my 60 gig ps3 though so i might be wrong. when the team ico's next game is announced this game will be harder to find.[/quote]

I played it upscaled on my PS3 and it still looked horrible on an HDTV (didn't try it without upscaling, though). I played MGS1 on the same machine and ICO barely looked better, IMO. :whistle2:#

bread's done
Back