Ico - PS2

jkimrey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
98 (100%)
Any suggestions on where I could find a copy of Ico for the PS2?

I don't mind if it's used, but I'd like to get the game and manual included.

I checked Gamestop, and there doesn't appear to be a used copy near me.

Ebay prices are rather high - I'd like to find it for under $30...

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

I bet people will start hoarding extra copies to resell for when the new game comes out, so good luck.
But yeah, your best bet might be to ask Gamestop to transfer it (use store locator on web) or to request it on Craigslist.

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Will they be able to determine whether the game they will try to transfer from another store has the box and manual included?

I'd really prefer one with both...

Finally found a Gamestop that had one with the box and manual.

Unfortunately it's 50+ miles away, they won't hold it, and say they can't ship it to another gamestop (or my house)... :cry:

sucks, where i live (southern california) is saturated with Gamestop/ebgames locations and i found one about 5mi away with 2-3 used copies of ICO that were in incredible condition. best of luck, and i hope you don't have to make that 100mi round trip

[quote name='BrolyB593']I think I found one for you, PM sent.[/QUOTE]

No need for a road trip.

CAGers are the best. Thanks!!

Any other generous souls willing to help track down a used Ico (with case and manual, hopefully less than $30 shipped)? My local Gamestops are fresh out, and I'd really like to play through it and Shadow of the Colossus before The Last Guardian comes out.

Thanks for any help!
- STB

[quote name='STB']Any other generous souls willing to help track down a used Ico (with case and manual, hopefully less than $30 shipped)? My local Gamestops are fresh out, and I'd really like to play through it and Shadow of the Colossus before The Last Guardian comes out.

Thanks for any help!
- STB[/QUOTE]

When you say local, how many miles are you talking? Did you try and see if your local GS can search their system to see if other locations have one, and ask them (if there are any) to transfer it to your local store?

[quote name='Josef']When you say local, how many miles are you talking? Did you try and see if your local GS can search their system to see if other locations have one, and ask them (if there are any) to transfer it to your local store?[/QUOTE]

I'm in NYC, and checked basically all the GameStops below 20th St. again today. I asked the last store I went to if they would check the system, and they turned up one quite a ways out in Brooklyn and one in New Jersey, but refused to have it transferred.

Does anyone know what the actual policy is? Like, are they *supposed* to transfer it if I ask?

[quote name='STB']I'm in NYC, and checked basically all the GameStops below 20th St. again today. I asked the last store I went to if they would check the system, and they turned up one quite a ways out in Brooklyn and one in New Jersey, but refused to have it transferred.

Does anyone know what the actual policy is? Like, are they *supposed* to transfer it if I ask?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure of their exact policy, but after seeing it mentioned being done a few times on this site, I tried it at my local GS and they were happy to transfer a game for me.

[quote name='Josef']I'm not sure of their exact policy, but after seeing it mentioned being done a few times on this site, I tried it at my local GS and they were happy to transfer a game for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks; I'll try asking at a couple other locations.

if possible could someone help me track one down in houston, tx.. the closest one is like 40 miles away and with the traffic it'll take like an hour just to get that far. all the gamestops around are out and all refuse to get one sent over

[quote name='STB']Thanks; I'll try asking at a couple other locations.[/QUOTE]

I ended up finding a complete (!) copy at a GS in New Hampshire. Out of the 7 GameStops I either visited in person or called, none of them would transfer between stores. One manager told me "we don't do that anymore". I guess it's a YMMV situation, but they don't seem to be doing it in the NYC area.

So I have a question. If you browse the Gamestop website for a used game and find one, does it ship from the nearest store that has a copy, or is it shipped out from some central warehouse somewhere? There's a game I want to get which I can order online from GS but I'm hesitant to do so due to the risk of getting a bad quality copy (no manual). if I use the store locator I see that a store about 50mi away has a copy. If I ordered it online, is that the copy that will get shipped to me? (as it is the closest store with a copy in stock) or do I get a different copy from a central shipping warehouse.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Ruahrc']So I have a question. If you browse the Gamestop website for a used game and find one, does it ship from the nearest store that has a copy, or is it shipped out from some central warehouse somewhere? There's a game I want to get which I can order online from GS but I'm hesitant to do so due to the risk of getting a bad quality copy (no manual). if I use the store locator I see that a store about 50mi away has a copy. If I ordered it online, is that the copy that will get shipped to me? (as it is the closest store with a copy in stock) or do I get a different copy from a central shipping warehouse.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I doubt that that copy will be shipped to you. They usually ship from their headquarters in Texas I believe.

Woah, I didn't realize this game had become hard to find. I just picked up a ps3 with backwards compatibility mainly to play through Ico and replay Shadow of the Colossus. I hopped on half.com where I usually get my games and the cheapest copy is $64. ouch... My 100 mile radius search on gamestop doesn't find any either. Ebay price is getting sillier too. Any other suggestions or anybody with a copy or access to a copy i could get cheaply?

Rent it from GameFly if you can, they still have it listed on their site. You cannot buy it, but at least you will have it to play. Or have a relative look at their nearest GameStop. I picked one up the other day for 20 bucks.

[quote name='STB']I ended up finding a complete (!) copy at a GS in New Hampshire. Out of the 7 GameStops I either visited in person or called, none of them would transfer between stores. One manager told me "we don't do that anymore". I guess it's a YMMV situation, but they don't seem to be doing it in the NYC area.[/QUOTE]

Which store in NH was that, if you don't mind me asking?

bread's done
Back