Icons . . . new stuff added Star Wars, Psychonauts

schultzed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
I am offering a unique trade item. I have been recording episodes of G4’s Icons show. These are nifty 20 min. documentaries that usually feature interviews with the important people in question (for example, Miyamoto himself appears in the Zelda, Mario and Donkey Kong episodes) along with designers, programmers, gaming journalists and historians. Plus, you get a decent amount of game footage and always the games are put into historical perspective.

I am NOT selling these . . . but I will trade these DVDs (6 episodes per disc, you choose the episodes) . . . I record these on a DVR in my living room and edit out the commercials and credits . . . the quality is good (better than VHS) but I can't promise super high quality.

more info: click on "episodes" for more info
http://www.g4tv.com/icons/index.html

Episodes that I have:
Atari
Apple II computers
Bioware
Ralph Baer (the real father of videogames?)
Bungie
Nolan Bushnell
Dead or Alive
Donkey Kong
Doom
Dreamcast
Dungeons and Dragons
E3
EA Games (history of the evil empire)
ESRB (history of game ratings)
Fighting Games
Final Fantasy
Game Boy
Gaming in the Military
Richard Garriott (Ultima)
God of War (G4 special)
Gran Turismo
Half-Life
Insomniac
Intellivision
Jade Empire (G4 special)
LucasArts
John Madden
Mario
Nabuo Uematsu (music of Final Fantasy games)
Mega Man
Metal Gear Solid
Frank Miller
Shigeru Miyamoto
Peter Molyneux
Mortal Kombat
Music Games (Parappa, DDR)
Music Makers (Game Music)
Naughty Dog
NES
Oddworld
Pac Man
PC Games
Playstation (history of PS1)
Prince of Persia
Bruce Shelly (Age of Empires)
George Romero
Sid Maier
SNK (NeoGeo)
Splinter Cell
Scary Games (history of survival-horror)
Tim Schafer (Pyschonauts double-length episode--takes up space of 2)
Star Wars games (new 2005 show)
Yu Suzuki (Sega)
Tetris
The Arcade (1980s)
The Crash
Unreal
Will Wright
Women in Gaming
Xbox
Yuji Naka (Sonic)
Zelda

Also of interest:
Cinematech on 1998 (they argue its the greatest year in gaming)
Cinematech (old-school 80s games with commercial footage)
Judgment Day 100th episode (best of Tommy and Victor)

Cool idea. I've been doing the same thing with my DVR - but just backing the episodes up on VHS. I think they're really interesting shows.

I'm just saddened by the amount of commercials that they have when icons is on, it feels like there is more commercial time then the actual running time of the show.

I'd be interested in trading I suppose. Do you like anything in my list?

If not, consider this a free bump! I love the idea ;)

[quote name='mgriff']I'm just saddened by the amount of commercials that they have when icons is on, it feels like there is more commercial time then the actual running time of the show.[/quote]

Yeah, stripping out the commercials brings them down to 21 minutes :shock:

Didn't see anything SpeedFire . . . but I love your list . . . do you still have the Animal Crossing cheat disc? Other SNES games?

I'm getting questions about wants . . . I'm open . . . but a few

Wants:
Eyetoy Play (game disc wanted) or Sega Superstars
Skygunner
Siren
Psi-Ops (xbox) Pending in
Full Spectrum Warrior
Silent Hill 4 (xbox)
Fatal Frame
Stop Making Sense DVD by Talking Heads

Some games would be worth a full set of the episodes :D

Anyone do this with X-Play episodes? I missed out on a lot of the early stuff when it was GameSpot TV and Extended Play. The Adam Sessler wiritng style is priceless.

[quote name='WebScud']Anyone do this with X-Play episodes? I missed out on a lot of the early stuff when it was GameSpot TV and Extended Play. The Adam Sessler wiritng style is priceless.[/quote]

If they ever replay early Extended Play shows I would be all over it. I don't have any of them though :cry:

the Yuji Naka show was just on . . . I'll respond more after I watch it closer . . . the show mostly discusses Sonic but also Nights and Billy Hatcher. Also prominent is the Sega/Nintendo rivalry and the surprise of Sega games on a Nintendo system.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Is the Mega Man episode on the GCN disc of Mega Man Anniversary Collection?[/quote]

Not sure about the Mega Man one, but the one on DoAU is an heavily edited version. Runs maybe 9 minutes or so. Bah.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Is the Mega Man episode on the GCN disc of Mega Man Anniversary Collection?[/quote]

How long does the show on the Collection run?

I bought the game for the GC bonus, but the GC controls were frustrating enough for me that I've played very little. :cry:

But that was part of the incentive to start collecting the episodes.

All the ones I have are complete . . . but I've made trims to get them in the under 21 min. range . . . never content (but credits and sometimes 10 secs of the opening music and title)

I think I responded to everyone . . . if not, please PM me!

I have a few trades in the works . . . this item will take time on my part, because each will be a custom job.

bread's done
Back